Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    See. Zeitgeist crap debunked by any serious historian.

Read it. Written by skeptics. http://conspiracies.skepticproject.c...eist/part-one/

Maybe. But Jesus life (born of a virgin mother, being crucified, dying for our sins and ressurecting after 3 days) and teachings were not copied from any pagan myth. Don't believe Zeitgeist and Religulous pseudohistory.

http://hnn.us/articles/6641.html
    I had a lengthy discussion with another poster about this point. Don't feel like rehashing, but here is the thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282212

You already admitted that Roman officials fused the pagan holiday(s) to coincide with Jesus' life story, so you'll agree that it's not a stretch to think they took other pagan conventions and syncretised them with the new Christian orthodoxy.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Those 'idiots' (your term not mine) think that cavemen and dinosaurs existed because they think that the Earth is only 6-10,000 years old and that the dinosaurs died during Noah's ark expedition because they believe the nonsense in Genesis
    No, I don't believe that at all...I think they just see cavemen and dinosaurs together in movies and thus they think they coexisted.

I refuse to believe that 30% of the population here thinks the Earth is just 10,000 years old because of what Genesis says...I bet 30% haven't even read Genesis

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I had a lengthy discussion with another poster about this point. Don't feel like rehashing, but here is the thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282212

You already admitted that Roman officials fused the pagan holiday(s) to coincide with Jesus' life story, so you'll agree that it's not a stretch to think they took other pagan conventions and syncretised them with the new Christian orthodoxy.
    Yep. But I don't think the actual date of Jesus birth means that much to be compared with his actually life meaning and teachings.

If Christ was just another deity for Christians like Pagan deities, he could easily be incorporated into roman pagan religion like other foreign deities.

Fair enough, I will read it. Now you please read the links I posted as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    No, I don't believe that at all...I think they just see cavemen and dinosaurs together in movies and thus they think they coexisted.
    So you're saying that 30% of the people surveyed who say man/dinosaur coexisted watch the Flintstones as if it were a documentary?

I refuse to believe that 30% of the population here thinks the Earth is just 10,000 years old because of what Genesis says...I bet 30% haven't even read Genesis
    Facts say it does not matter what you believe. These are scientific studies. The one where 46% claim they believe in creationism/reject evolution has been tracking this subject since the 80s.

There was a study saying 30% believe the Earth is 10,000 years old?

Let's see it?

Until then I will just think they are uneducated about when humans came about...

Ah, Don and his war on Christianity lol

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Dude, A LOT of people believe in genesis literally. It isn't that they analyzed it and evaluated it. They are just told a bunch of lies and propaganda and now accept it as fact because they don't know any better. It is up in the 40 and 50 percent range in America.

Are not even sure 30% of Texans even Christian...might be though

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

30% of people are dumb...I guess that's about right.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Are not even sure 30% of Texans even Christian...might be though
    What kind of christianity we talking here? Real christianity or half-assed christianity?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Dude, A LOT of people believe in genesis literally. It isn't that they analyzed it and evaluated it. They are just told a bunch of lies and propaganda and now accept it as fact because they don't know any better. It is up in the 40 and 50 percent range in America.
    I don't think the study Don posted has anything to do with Genesis...much more to do with people thinking cavemen and dinosaurs just lived together because they are uneducated on the subject.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    46% to be exact, I provided the study link. But tiddy doesn't believe that, so obviously it can't be true

I don't think the study Don posted has anything to do with Genesis...much more to do with people thinking cavemen and dinosaurs just lived together because they are uneducated on the subject.
    Well if they accept a 6 or 10 thousand year earth history they would have to believe that dinosaurs and man coexisted because it couldn't be any other way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaz9Ks338c4

unless they think fossils were put there by the devil to mislead us, or by god to challenge our faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    What kind of christianity we talking here? Real christianity or half-assed christianity?
    HARD CORE if they beleive that lol

I can believe that 30% of the country thinks cavemen and dinos coexisted together because they are uneducated (yes like the Flinstones Don lol)

But I don't for a second think that they all believe the Earth is only 10k years old because of what Genisis says...sorry...I don't even think 30% of the country has read Genisis...

I can believe that 30% of the country thinks cavemen and dinos coexisted together because they are uneducated (yes like the Flinstones Don lol)

But I don't for a second think that they all believe the Earth is only 10k years old because of what Genisis says...sorry...I don't even think 30% of the country has read Genisis...
    It doesn't matter if they have read it, they are told what to believe. That is the entire problem!