Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Is the Wii U worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    We thought Wii U would fail big time, but not the tide has been turning, seemingly. Wii U is now out-sold PS4 in Japan.
    Total sales though? Isn't that expected with such a head start?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    It's too damn expensive.
    This is true, I got mine in a run out sale on the old skylanders basic pack and it's been worth what I paid. Don't think it's worth full retail though.

Love Live Life

If you don't mind a refurbished one then check Groupon. They be have deals all the time on there for cheap with a game also.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Total sales though? Isn't that expected with such a head start?
    I should have been a little more specific. WiiU outsold PS4 during the last week of June.

It only took 15+ years for them to finally make a good Mario kart that doesn't try to make bad kids feel like a winner by rewarding them with power ups when they are at the end of the pack.

In this game, once you get in first place, you don't have to worry about lighting bolts and blue shells knocking you back. The game actually take skill this time and much less luck is involved, unlike all the past games.

Something to note: the two games labeled as Project whatever are Miyamoto directed games with some of the younger newer Nintendo workers making it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Something to note: the two games labeled as Project whatever are Miyamoto directed games with some of the younger newer Nintendo workers making it. [/QUOTE]

most excited for Zelda and Star Fox.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    It only took 15+ years for them to finally make a good Mario kart that doesn't try to make bad kids feel like a winner by rewarding them with power ups when they are at the end of the pack.

In this game, once you get in first place, you don't have to worry about lighting bolts and blue shells knocking you back. The game actually take skill this time and much less luck is involved, unlike all the past games.
    have you played this one? It is full of catch up power ups and that's been one of it's biggest criticisms (along with the stupid vs mode)

Anyway I've had mine a few months now, haven't played it in about 5 or 6 weeks now.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    have you played this one? It is full of catch up power ups and that's been one of it's biggest criticisms (along with the stupid vs mode)

Anyway I've had mine a few months now, haven't played it in about 5 or 6 weeks now.
    As if people are complaining about that, i like it, it's different to a normal racing game where you get out in front and then it's boring, this keeps you battling all the way. The vs mode is garb though.

I still crank the wii u, mainly playing all the wii games i missed out on, currently on Zelda skyward sword and twilight princess, waiting eagerly for smash bros though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    As if people are complaining about that, i like it, it's different to a normal racing game where you get out in front and then it's boring, this keeps you battling all the way. The vs mode is garb though.

I still crank the wii u, mainly playing all the wii games i missed out on, currently on Zelda skyward sword and twilight princess, waiting eagerly for smash bros though
    They were complaining about the shells in this one and the catch ups. Personally I don't mind it either. LBJFTW was trying to say they weren't in it anymore and they most definitely are.

I play mine all the time. Like Deuce said, it's all a matter of how you feel about Nintendo's 1P games. I personally find it worth it just to play them. That being said, the vaaaaast majority of the games suck. It's been tough to be a Nintendo fanboy since the GameCube was released.

I play the shit out of:
    New Super Mario Bros: Wii U
    Super Mario 3D World
    Legend of Zelda: WindWaker HD
    NES Remix 2
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

and can't wait for:
    The new Wii U Zelda
    Hyrule Warriors
    Smash Bros
    A Paper Mario game
    StarFox
    Bayonetta 2

Skip Mario Kart 8. If you want a great racing game, grab Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed. So much faster, the tracks change each lap, more courses, better powerups, more diverse selection of characters and everything. MK8 has been collecting dust since the day I bought it.

National High School Star

This seemed like a decent idea:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-amiibo-figurines

Until i read that you can't actually play as your character... like wtf?
    That's just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    This seemed like a decent idea:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-amiibo-figurines

Until i read that you can't actually play as your character... like wtf?
    That's just bizarre.
    Oh wow, I thought you could too. That's lame.