Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Double Tech bringing the heat the past 24 hrs

As for my stance- I think that it's a legal issue and not a moral one, or at least it should be because certain people's morals are based on religion and as we know- this country was founded on the principle of church and state being separate entities.

If the highest courts/laws of the nation say that a fetus is human at X interval, then women should have the right to abort the fetus before that stage and it should be illegal and punishable to do so afterwards (Unless of course giving birth would endanger the life of the mother). So in my mind the major question isn't should a woman have the right to choose, it's more so when is a fetus considered human/alive...
    Exactly.

In my opinion, it should be when brain function kicks in.

We classify people as being "dead" once brain function ceases. I think applying this same logic to the beginning of life is the safest, and most humane way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    lucky for you, since theres probably 10 others for each one of you that is in a foster home, and end up a menace to society
    STFU.

I have known mutliple foster kids that were better than kids in stable homes. They dont all end up a menace to society.

National High School Star

Should be legal, but also should be properly considered pre-natal euthanasia. It isn't like a cyst removal, it isn't just a lump of cells. Life should be respected and should be given it's proper respect. Abortion should be a choice along the lines of pulling the plug. In fact it should be worse than euthanasia given you're ending a life with an almost certainty of living on.

We in this country have the death penalty, which basically says that strangers can decide the life an death of another human being based on what society at the time considers justice. Given this, If anyone should have the right to decide the life and death of another human being, it seems to me that mother who's child is still a part of her should have that right.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Should be legal, but also should be properly considered pre-natal euthanasia. It isn't like a cyst removal, it isn't just a lump of cells. Life should be respected and should be given it's proper respect. Abortion should be a choice along the lines of pulling the plug. In fact it should be worse than euthanasia given you're ending a life with an almost certainty of living on.

We in this country have the death penalty, which basically says that strangers can decide the life an death of another human being based on what society at the time considers justice. Given this, If anyone should have the right to decide the life and death of another human being, it seems to me that mother who's child is still a part of her should have that right.
    Hmm, said pretty well. I think I mostly agree with you here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Life should be respected and should be given it's proper respect.
    I can already see where this sentence will take this thread

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I can already see where this sentence will take this thread
    (Ugh I totally didn't notice the redundant use of respect there.)

Lol, I don't give a shit about animals really outside of how delicious they are. I oppose animal cruelty though, primarily on the grounds of what it means to human society to be such assholes.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You can't change ownership. You can't say, post-fertilization, that the entire being is totally and unequivocally part of her "body", and deny the male any ownership, and then say later that the male is responsible because of his role in fertilization. If one wants to take the position that it's "her body, her decision", then any and all responsibility on the part of the male should be voided automatically in the eyes of the law.
    can that little fetus live as a distinct entity outside of that woman's body and without her oxygen/nutrient load in the blood?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    can that little fetus live as a distinct entity outside of that woman's body and without her oxygen/nutrient load in the blood?
    Can a fetus even exist without being fertilized with sperm?

Again, you can't deny ownership and then expect responsibility. One or the other. If it's entirely her body, then it's her body and she assumes full responsibility. If the laws demand the male bear responsibility, then they must acknowledge ownership. The way the system is run now, the women have all the power and the men have none.

Can a fetus even exist without being fertilized with sperm?

Again, you can't deny ownership and then expect responsibility. One or the other. If it's entirely her body, then it's her body and she assumes full responsibility. If the laws demand the male bear responsibility, then they must acknowledge ownership. The way the system is run now, the women have all the power and the men have none.
    Or putting it another way men are free to continue with their lives while a woman is bound to the fetus for 9 mos. I think there is a reason why ownership is skewed in the womans favor during the pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Or putting it another way men are free to continue with their lives while a woman is bound to the fetus for 9 mos. I think there is a reason why ownership is skewed in the womans favor during the pregnancy.
    False. I am not saying that abortion should be illegal and that women should be forced into having children. I am for reforming the system to where it is not totally biased against men.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

False. I am not saying that abortion should be illegal and that women should be forced into having children. I am for reforming the system to where it is not totally biased against men.
    how exactly do you propose to do that? Either the woman wants to have the kid or doesnt. If the man disagrees, what can you do? Theres no compromise between the two. if she doesnt want to carry it (or does and you dont want her to), what would you have the court do to enforce the man's right?

   

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Where do you stand?
    neither- i'm pro-death.

human beings are a disease on the face of the planet and our numbers need to go down... way, way down. at least for even a fraction of the present global biodiversity to have a chance to survive in the coming years.

unfortunately, i do not believe humans will be able to control their birth rates any more than they've been able to control their increasingly rapid march towards species-wide suicide.

so most animals and plants are going to go down the drain when we do, and that makes me sad.

Life, give the kid a chance even if his life is miserable its better than not knowing.

Very good NBA starter

definitely pro-choice or i'd be stuck with countless child support payments by now.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Pro-life

It