Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why isn't Aldrige called a traitor/colluder?

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Aldridge is joining the super old guys Parker/Manu/Duncan.

He will clearly be the best player on his team, alongside a fringe top 10 guy in Leonard.

Lebron teamed up with 2 star players in their prime. Some people called Wade the best player in the league in 2010/2011.

The end.

Basically this.

There was no clear meeting as what most are sure happened between Bron, Wade and Bosh. None of these stars on the Spurs outside of Leonard are even close to their primes anymore.

It's really not the same situation. The OP knows this. He's another one that likes touching his toes while the board takes turns f*cking him in the ass. It's like these dudes like abuse.

Nobody knows who the **** LaMarcus Aldridge is. He was on that team since 2006 but Lillard was who the team marketed.

Because your boy Bran made it ok

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

you could call him that if that makes you happy, but the reason it isnt as big of a deal on here is because he wasnt the best player in the world (or even remotely close to it) when he raw dogged then bounced on his team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Speaks about insecurity, posts entire novel with the most asinine shit that has nothing to do with the thread.

Bro you like getting your shit pushed in around here don't you?

Tell me again how it has nothing to do with this thread, me explaining why guys (like you) call LeBron a traitor/colluder and not guys like Aldrige or Kobe, who have never been on the same level as LeBron or had the same expectations.

Tell me that again, you big-nosed, ugly beta.

Aldridge let the Blazers know he wasn't resigning with them at least a week before free agency. Cleveland had to find out about Lebron during the decision, 4 days after the start of free agency. Blazers had a chance to change it's direction and the Cavs were left to fall apart

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Aldridge let the Blazers know he wasn't resigning with them at least a week before free agency. Cleveland had to find out about Lebron during the decision, 4 days after the start of free agency. Blazers had a chance to change it's direction and the Cavs were left to fall apart
    If the Cavs had a history of drawing a handful of really good Free Agents over the years, then James more than likely doesn't leave Cleveland. But history proves (before James was drafted and up until he left in 2010) that the Cavs have never brought in a really good free agent since free agency started in 1988.

Kevin Love is by far the biggest FA name ever brought in (outside of LeBron in 2014-15)

Aldridge is from Texas. Also, he stuck it out for 9 years on one team, even though it went through tragedy after tragedy with injuries, and even though he never wanted to play or live in Portland.

He played hurt in the playoffs for a team that had no chance at a title, a la Grant Hill.

All things considered he might be the Paul Pierce or Dirk of Portland. Think about it... 9 years on one team, and they were never championship contenders. (PP and Dirk's franchises were able to eventually bring them to contention.) That's almost as long as KG played in Minnesota before going to Boston to compete for a title.

Never demanded a trade... went in legit free agency... team had to clear the cap space to sign him. Signed for less than Tristan Thompson will probably fleece Toronto or Cleveland for.

*applause*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia

Tell me again how it has nothing to do with this thread, me explaining why guys (like you) call LeBron a traitor/colluder and not guys like Aldrige or Kobe, who have never been on the same level as LeBron or had the same expectations.

Damn

Ether

He deserves too after his own big 3 lost their knees

cuz its the spurs. nobody cares about their boring ass team

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    the Cavs knew for many months that Lebron had intentions of leaving...so please stop the BS in saying the Cavs were left to fall apart.

during his last year in 2010 at Cleveland, he refused to restructure a long term deal and confirmed he would test free agency. the Cavs also did very little to make him resign prior to the Decision...unless you think firing Mike Brown is some huge thing.

that leads to Lebron visiting other teams...should he have informed all other teams he met with during FA that he wasn't choosing them prior to the Decision? exactly what does he owe to them...mind you, they are trying to win him over, not the other way around.

just accept that the Cavs mgmt fcked Cleveland over in providing the right support to keep him at home...they chased mediocre talent with big contracts, or over the hill players thinking Lebron could always compensate for them. doesn't work that way.

when Wade decided to test FA markets last year and this year, what did Riley do? he continually shopped for players in spite of what Wade's decision would be...Riley did NOT rely on Wade's decision to propel the Heat's upcoming season. same will be done next year for Wade too, as Riley inks KD to a long term deal.

bottom line: Cavs front office was awful during his 1st tenure their.

Colluding is accepted now thanks to 'the best player in the game' making it a simple act of 'giving himself the best chance to win'.

Tell you what kid?

Haven't you had enough of creating screen name after screen name after screen name after people completely take a shit in your open mouth?

It's wash, rinse and repeat with you. Someone completely destroys you and you run away and create ANOTHER screen name to hide from members here dude. Don't f*cking talk to me like you've got a set of balls dude.