NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Stand pat Pax strikes again

So in 12 hours that free agency has been open, the Bulls have made ZERO moves, as usual. SMH

Default Re: Stand pat Pax strikes again

there going after d wade

If you go into a meeting with this soulless ugly guy, you wouldnt want to play for the bulls either.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

This is one free agency where standing pat would be good for this team. There is nothing they can realistically do to improve the situation long term. Best case scenario is win 4-5 more games this season and be ****ed for 2017 where they can make real moves.

First time in over a decade I hope Pax keeps living up to his reputation of doing nothing. Not to mention firing Pax would be the best move possible, but our luck, Michael will sign Kirk Hinrich as the next GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    This is one free agency where standing pat would be good for this team. There is nothing they can realistically do to improve the situation long term. Best case scenario is win 4-5 more games this season and be ****ed for 2017 where they can make real moves.

First time in over a decade I hope Pax keeps living up to his reputation of doing nothing. Not to mention firing Pax would be the best move possible, but our luck, Michael will sign Kirk Hinrich as the next GM.

I tend to agree, but there's been some missed opportunities for sure.

Plenty of overpaid contracts though. I'd rather wait and overpay for a star/superstar than overpay for a half decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I tend to agree, but there's been some missed opportunities for sure.

Plenty of overpaid contracts though. I'd rather wait and overpay for a star/superstar than overpay for a half decent player.
    But no superstars will sign here either way. So, they could've at LEAST signed someone to make them less trash than they are now. But all we've seen-year after year-is them doing nothing, while other teams improve around them.

These guys are a joke. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    But no superstars will sign here either way. So, they could've at LEAST signed someone to make them less trash than they are now. But all we've seen-year after year-is them doing nothing, while other teams improve around them.

These guys are a joke. For real.

We got rondo.

On a good contract, 2nd year partially guaranteed. Well done management.

We need some offense now. Would really like Vucevic

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    We got rondo.

On a good contract, 2nd year partially guaranteed. Well done management.

We need some offense now. Would really like Vucevic
    Rondo doesn't make us better, and he's not a superstar. He has a bad knee, and he's OLDER than Rose.

If you're looking at his assist numbers alone, you're being misled. His assists are hollow. SAC's offense regressed under Rondo. Why? Because he doesn't make players better, nor does he get them easy shots. He just dribbles until he can cherry pick for an assist.His numbers are hollow. They just look good on paper.

Here's another article calling this dumb signing out for what it is.

https://theathletic.com/2016/07/04/b...n-rajon-rondo/

Let’s talk about those assist numbers for a second. They’re padded. As I mentioned yesterday, Rondo’s assists don’t lead to good offense. He has been part of one offense that has finished better than 15th in the league in his past six seasons. That exception was the Dallas Mavericks, who went from a historically great offense to 13th in the league after Rondo joined.

Rondo racks up assists because he sacrifices scoring opportunities to pad his stats. He is afraid of getting to the line, so he’ll often just dribble around until he can find an assist opportunity rather than take the correct shot.
    So, I'm not the only one saying it.

And yet ANOTHER article saying this move make snow sense.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmaz.../#638dce566608

Signing the 30-year-old Rondo to a deal makes the team even older and less athletic. He’s also going to take playing time away from Grant, who is the only player the Bulls acquired from the Knicks in the Rose deal who has any upside.

Taking Grant off the court almost completely removes the chances of finding some value in a deal that is otherwise a straight dump of a former MVP and hometown hero.

Are Gar and Pax trying to clear up locker room tensions that were reportedly plaguing the team last season? If so, signing Rondo, a historically tough player for coaches to control, makes even less sense.
    Plus, he's an asshole. But yeah let's get him on the team so we can wallow in mediocrity.