Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #46
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation
Default Re: Marion Already "Pissed Off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
If this is true, there truly is hope for change in Toronto!

Everybody sport the avatar and join the movement to sign Antoine as a Raptor!

HAHA, nice!!
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #47
Moose

Quote:

LOL, thats jokes. I'm all for it.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #48
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Hey kwajo did you upload the video on youtube with the Raptors sweep girl and the milkshake song?

PS Nice pic!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #49
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Kwajo's post is 100% win.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #50
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Alright since this thread blew up while I was gone I'm going to address some things...

a) In terms of my logic being "severely flawed" because many teams in the league have max-salary players and by my logic there should only be 4-5. All you have to do is look at the teams with max-salary players who don't play like it and their records and my point is proven. Paying $20 mill for anyone worth less than that makes your team unable to do anything other than first-round exits for years. Look at KGs Timberworlves or JOs Pacers or the Knicks for the past few years who can't even make the playoffs or the Rockets with T-mac etc. Just because other teams are willing to panic and overpay players doesn't mean the Raptors should. By your flawed logic, the fact that so many banks invested heavily in sub-prime mortgages means that they MUST have been a good investment. Now that's flawed logic...

b) Bosh lovers say that finding a Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Wade or other real franchise players is too much of a gamble that will never happen and therefore we should try to build around Bosh. I will say that, especially with the trade pieces that we have and lack of financial flexibility, the probability of us pulling off a blockbuster trade ala the Celtics is even more unlikely, especially since so many NBA players don't even want to come to Toronto. Seriously blockbuster lopsided trades like the Celtics and Lakers trades of last year come along about as often as franchise players. I'll take my chances building a team like the Pistons when they won the title and didn't have a single player making $20 mill rather than deluding myself into thinking that Bosh is "that dude" when all the evidence says otherwise.

p.s. I'm well aware that this is all hypothetical since unlike Toni I'm pretty sure that Bosh likes TO enough that when BC offers 20 mill for x number of years he will accept and all the message board debating in the world will be for not since none of us actually run the team (and honestly, thank God for that).

The fact is this is a business and contracts are based on the economy and the market. They are not based mainly on the performance of the players. Look around the league and see how many players deserve the contracts they have. Besides the top 5, none of them deserve a max contract but its not based on performance. It is based on the availability of the player and the market he is playing in. You need to understand that before you make any comments about not paying bosh the max that is allowed under the salary cap. What you are suggesting and your reasoning is correct but its not practical in the current NBA. Paying players based solely on their performance is a dream situation.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:30 AM   #51
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
The fact is this is a business and contracts are based on the economy and the market. They are not based mainly on the performance of the players. Look around the league and see how many players deserve the contracts they have. Besides the top 5, none of them deserve a max contract but its not based on performance. It is based on the availability of the player and the market he is playing in. You need to understand that before you make any comments about not paying bosh the max that is allowed under the salary cap. What you are suggesting and your reasoning is correct but its not practical in the current NBA. Paying players based solely on their performance is a dream situation.

Contratcs are based on the cap, the economy dictates the cap level. The dollar figure does not matter in a cap, it's the percentage of money against the cap that matters. So if your going to try and educate anybody on how the system works I would recomend you understand it yourself.

But I agree that Bosh will be offered a max contract by somebody. My question is who are they and what do they have to offer?

Last edited by b4ball : 02-24-2009 at 02:36 AM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #52
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Contratcs are based on the cap, the economy dictates the cap level. The dollar figure does not matter in a cap, it's the percentage of money against the cap that matters. So if your going to try and educate anybody on how the system works I would recomend you understand it yourself.

But I agree that Bosh will be offered a max contract by somebody. My question is who are they and what do they have to offer?

stfu idiot. u just repeated what i said. go learn to read.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #53
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
stfu idiot. u just repeated what i said. go learn to read.

I see the grey matter normally found inside a cranium is missing in your case. Barnum and Bailey might be interested in show casing you!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #54
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Let's get back to talking ball.. why does everything always have to get so personal .

Somebody will definitely offer Bosh a max contract if we don't. Since we have his Bird rights I wouldn't mind re-signing him to 16M or whatever it was then weighing our options afterwards. The tricky part is that if Bosh doesn't re-sign this summer and let BC know what he's doing, we might need to be proactive before next year's trade deadline and actually get something for him instead of him walking for nothing in return.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #55
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I agree with Toni, but Bosh will have to do his part and tell management whether or not he plans to come back. He has absolutely no obligation to do so, but it would help management out if he let them know of his plans.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #56
b4ball
Local High School Star

I believe Bosh will indicate to BC what his plans are. It's just too early to say yet.

Chris wants to see what BC does about coaching, that's a huge concern for any player. Also, does Marion re-sign, can he find a decent SG, just to name a few unanswered questions. BC will keep Bosh in the loop as transaction are pondered this summer.

Chris has always been a professional. He's smart, he understands the business and respects the opportunity Toronto provided him. T-Mac set us back, but he was still a teenager, and an uneducated one at that.

Chris will tell BC what his plans are, and BC will reciprocate by asking Chris what he wants. Both are smart enough to understand that despite this being a business they can still trust each other and maintain a level of respect for each other going forward. Both have worked to hard to earn their respect to throw it away on a business decision.

At least I hope so.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #57
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Antoine needs a bit of shimmy....bit of shake...and a bit of 4-BALL!!!!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #58
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Antoine needs a bit of shimmy....bit of shake...and a bit of 4-BALL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoUXZxVipQ&NR=1

3:28
4:05

Old 02-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #59
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
I believe Bosh will indicate to BC what his plans are. It's just too early to say yet.

Chris wants to see what BC does about coaching, that's a huge concern for any player. Also, does Marion re-sign, can he find a decent SG, just to name a few unanswered questions. BC will keep Bosh in the loop as transaction are pondered this summer.

Chris has always been a professional. He's smart, he understands the business and respects the opportunity Toronto provided him. T-Mac set us back, but he was still a teenager, and an uneducated one at that.

Chris will tell BC what his plans are, and BC will reciprocate by asking Chris what he wants. Both are smart enough to understand that despite this being a business they can still trust each other and maintain a level of respect for each other going forward. Both have worked to hard to earn their respect to throw it away on a business decision.

At least I hope so.
I actually agree with you. And if Bosh plays the "mums the word" route all the way up to the trade deadline and gives no indication of wanting to stay, BC will be smart enough to shop him around.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: