Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

I like it. Warriors finally get a defender, and get rid of the small backcourt.

76ers get a guy who can score, and isn't on a godawful contract. Hopefully by the time Ellis' deal is done they can transition Evan Turner to the starting 2 guard role.

Monta is worth more than Iggy. We want something else thrown in the package for depth. I want Meeks or Speights in the deal.

I hope Iggy will play for one of the contender team. Dude's will be a great 3rd wheel and a role player in a contending team. He'll just waste his time playing for GSW
    Last edited by dbugz; 06-07-2011 at 03:06 AM.

gs shud ask for more

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Meh.. Sixers need more scoring but there defense takes a hit// Turner has shown he can be a pretty good defender but not in Iggy's class..GS gets a little more versitile but they are still probably not even a Playoff team..

Magic and Mavericks would be a good fit for Iggy.

He wasted so many years in Philly as the 1st option and it's time for him to be a 3rd/2nd fiddle in a contending team.

I hope Mavs will drop Butler and make a run to sign/trad Iggy! Mavs will have a very good wing defender now which they're missing so badly this Finals.

Former Bulls Fan.

C: Marc Gasol
    PF: David Lee
    SF: Andre Iguodala
    SG: Shane Battier
    PG: Stephen Curry

would be...

Decent playground baller

Warriors get raped in this deal.

Decent college freshman

Great trade for Philly. I think Monta is worth more than just Iggy in my opinion.

Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.

Iggy not worth Monta Ellis? You dudes smoke crack. Overvalue Monta Ellis much?

I guess Sixers couldnt get a quality big man for Iggy. Not that the league has plenty but I figured someone would bite. Then again maybe the big men that could have been had werent worth it? Like Al Jefferson? I dunno. I mean if Sixers tell me we tried to aquire a big man and struck out? Then I can live with Monta Ellis because he provides a go to scorer this team sorely lacks.

But Jrue/Monta backcourt I hope and pray we find someone who can protect the paint. Then I guess Turner plays the role of Iguodala. Not a bad trade.

Iggy for Kaman only works for a salary dump trade. Sixers value Iggy far more than to do that. I understand the arguments why you want to dump salary but the Sixers get nothing back in return when Kaman is a free agent this time next year. You clear payroll for what? Unless you're telling me a key FA in 2012 will sign here. Otherwise, doesnt make the team better. LAC would have to add a draft pick. And I dont think Sixers value Aminu that much considering we have Thaddeus Young.

Lou Williams, Marreese Speights might be next to go. No point having Lou with Monta here. Jrue Holiday, Monta Ellis, Jodie Meeks and filler guard. Lou deserves minutes and wouldnt get much here behind Jrue and Monta who will play atleast 30mins. Then you factor in having to get Jodie Meeks action as your best 3pt sniper. Lou is odd man out and could help another team.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.
    Memo to you, Lou Williams is a bench player, a 6th man so to speak. He provides a key role off the bench like many 6th men do. Which is to score. You talk like he is a starting SG getting 35mpg. He's getting anywhere from 22-25mpg to give instant offense. And has helped the Sixers have the best scoring bench in the NBA. Yea pretty much useless otherwise

I think it's a very good trade for both sides.

Philly gets the scorer they need, Golden State gets a lot tougher.

Pretty decent trade for Philly.

Ellis is a much needed backcourt upgrade for them. The kid can score and doesn't need any help, which seems to be a good fit for Philly since that is something they are sorely lacking in. Iguodala hasn't been delivering for them anyway.

For GS it's a little more tricky. I'm not sold on Curry as a first option, and they already were awfully thin on the perimeter. Maybe Iguodala fits really well with where Jackson wants to take the team or something. I'm thinking if this trade goes down they'll probably get Meeks or Williams as a throw in to make it worth it.

"Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    "Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....
    Why would the Knicks want to do that when they can get either Howard or Paul next summer?