Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Did anyone else feel like The Force Awakens was too safe of a movie?

It's a solid movie if only lacking some originality in specific areas. Disney really made the safest movie possible. It left me disappointing, because I expected something that dared to dream. Bold. Exceptional. Instead we got a movie that ticks all the boxes and gets pass marks without trying or taking any risks.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Did anyone else feel like The Force Awakens was too safe of a movie?

It wasn't dark enough. Kylo was too emo.

Default Re: Did anyone else feel like The Force Awakens was too safe of a movie?

Hard to get a SW movie as 'dark'... It will and always will be for the family and kids

RoTS is probably as dark as you'll get Star Wars

Killing younglings.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    RoTS is probably as dark as you'll get Star Wars

Killing younglings.
    Fans knew it was going to happen. The Jedi's are gone by episode 4
    its not like the Padawans were going to die of old age. Vader needed to get his HEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Fans knew it was going to happen. The Jedi's are gone by episode 4
    its not like the Padawans were going to die of old age. Vader needed to get his HEAT.

RoTS was a solid star wars movie

I like it better than the new one

definitely had more heart

Agreed. Not sure how it received such high scores on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    I really do hate safe movies, because generally I've seen them before. TFA was no different (A New Hope)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

It's a solid movie if only lacking some originality in specific areas. Disney really made the safest movie possible. It left me disappointing, because I expected something that dared to dream. Bold. Exceptional. Instead we got a movie that ticks all the boxes and gets pass marks without trying or taking any risks.
    you have to play it safe cause the star wars nerds are such a picky, cynical and rage filled fanbase...dudes seem to be the type that hate on everything no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    you have to play it safe cause the star wars nerds are such a picky, cynical and rage filled fanbase...dudes seem to be the type that hate on everything no matter what
    Probably right. I most likely expected too much. I wanted to see dudes swinging lightsabers chopping off heads and chit amidst the blood. core of it all the stuff is PG

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Because it has to rejuvenate the franchise. Of course it was safe. What is wrong with some of yall? If it was different it would have been much more divisive. You might have liked it, purist would have hated it.

The movie was a great way to introduce a new era of star wars. It was fun, not overly political, had good soundtrack, lovable and hateable characters, etc. It wasnt perfect, but It was good. Now if the next two movies follow the same formula I think complaints can be warranted, but I dont have a problem with this approach for the first movie.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Probably right. I most likely expected too much. I wanted to see dudes swinging lightsabers chopping off heads and chit amidst the blood. core of it all the stuff is PG
    yeah, a new star wars with a more dark twist sort of like how the new batmans were could be pretty cool. it just sucks cause the producers cant leave that much money on the table, when they make it rated R they cut their target audience in half at the very least

Banned

The only saving grace would be

1. A Kylo Turn
    2. A Rey Turn
    3. Luke commits suicide seeing Rey turn.

batman v superman was much better and the critic reception is like night and day lol

Decent playground baller

It was safe, however it was executed so well that it ultimately doesn't matter. I think now that fans are back on board, they will have some risk involved in the next episode. Rian Johnson as the writer and director should help.
    Last edited by CP3PO; 04-07-2016 at 02:51 PM.