Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I think it's fairly obvious who the GOAT is

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: G.O.A.T. Wrestler?

For me

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Took the words out of my mouth. The Rock and Austin might have been more entertaining, but they weren't as well rounded. Michaels could wrestle on the mat or doing spots, great moves, great finisher, looked credible against everyone without making it seem unreasonable that he could be beaten (a weakness guys like Taker and Kane have is that someone like Mysterio or even Benoit didn't look completely credible against them), and - and this is where he beats Austin and The Rock, two of my favorites - he could put on not just a good but possibly even a classic match with just about anyone. Even Cena, who's admittedly kind of underrated as a performer, was able to put on an incredible match with Shawn Michaels. The other thing I respect about him is that even though he's so well known for backstage politics and stuff, he only won the world title three times. A lot of his really memorable feuds and matches didn't even concern the world title.

After Michaels, I'm going with The Undertaker (only weakness was that he was limited on the mic), The Rock (crazy that he was only a regular for like four years and quit when he was about CM Punk's age; if he'd stuck with wrestling, he'd be as big a legend as Hogan), Austin (only weakness was that he wasn't that incredible as a technical wrestler, not that that stopped him from having some great matches), and Edge (basically a 6'5 HBK with a bit less charisma in the ring although he was arguably an even better promo guy). My personal favorite is still Benoit, though, who had a fascinating if disturbing life. Ring of Hell, a biography about him, is still my favorite book about wrestling.
    HBK is very, very good but the truth is that he was never big enough to be the G.O.A.T. He was the guy during one of the worst eras in WWE history, and the WWE peaked in the span that he was out with the back injury. It's impressive that he actually got better after he took that time off and will probably be remembered more for his second run than he was his first, but he's definitely not the G.O.A.T. Not a great mic worker, can be incredibly hokey at times and an inconsistent seller. I'm a fan and he's put on some of the best matches ever, but he's not the best ever. Honestly, you could probably make an argument that he's not even Top 10.

the best

Im still hitting myself on the head for watching this crap back then.. What was i thinking? The only people who watch WWE these days are those weird white people you see shop at Wal Mart

best wrestler: kurt angle or bret hart
    best performer: shawn michaels
    best overall: austin or flair

ooh yeah R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

I don't have a favorite but Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Ric Flair, Iron Sheik, and Andre The ******* Giant were the best! Golden era of Wrestling

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    HBK is very, very good but the truth is that he was never big enough to be the G.O.A.T. He was the guy during one of the worst eras in WWE history, and the WWE peaked in the span that he was out with the back injury. It's impressive that he actually got better after he took that time off and will probably be remembered more for his second run than he was his first, but he's definitely not the G.O.A.T. Not a great mic worker, can be incredibly hokey at times and an inconsistent seller. I'm a fan and he's put on some of the best matches ever, but he's not the best ever. Honestly, you could probably make an argument that he's not even Top 10.
    true but you went overboard with the not even top 10.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Not sure about GOAT, but Razor Ramon is by far my favorite persona of all time.

Buff Bagwell?

Maybe I'll get flamed for saying this but when I used to watch wrestling (it's been several long years now), I always thought this dude was the best:

Shelton Benjamin

He was extremely charismatic, extremely athletic, and just a fun wrestler to watch overall.
    WWE never promoted him enough for fans to actually appreciate the guy, but if they did promote him instead of dudes like Eugene (the mentally challenged wrestler... ), return again & retire again Hulk Hogan, etc., I think you guys would be mentioning him as either the GOAT or close enough to it.
    His Money in the Bank performance a long while back was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Maybe I'll get flamed for saying this but when I used to watch wrestling (it's been several long years now), I always thought this dude was the best:

Shelton Benjamin

He was extremely charismatic, extremely athletic, and just a fun wrestler to watch overall.
    WWE never promoted him enough for fans to actually appreciate the guy, but if they did promote him instead of dudes like Eugene (the mentally challenged wrestler... ), return again & retire again Hulk Hogan, etc., I think you guys would be mentioning him as either the GOAT or close enough to it.
    His Money in the Bank performance a long while back was incredible.
    I think he's better than R-Truth ... or whatever he goes by now. I remember when he first came to WWF, he was Road Doggs flunkie or something like that.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Hulk Hogan number 1 and when he was NWO, he was bad dude at the time...shit was bad ass N!O

Mr.Wonderful

Warrior

Sting

Stone Cold

The Rock

80's-90's>>>>shitty 2000 MFER

Goldberg

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold
    That's precisely why Rock is my GOAT. He competed in intense feuds against the man I consider to be the 2nd best ever, aka the Texas Rattlesnake.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

omfg shelton benjamin is horrible, remove that picture from this thread immediately, remove the whole damn post ffs DELETE IT