Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Spurs could miss the playoffs this year

Its the old issue with spurs. Manage too many minutes of big 3 and may not make playoffs. Play too many minutes and big 3 will be injured for playoffs...father time

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    I agree Parker is still our best player, but I don't think you can call Duncan, Kawhi, or Manu role players. They are still load-carriers on any given night.
    Duncan and Manu can't play any defense at all. Not even a little tiny bit. All they can do is give effort in small bursts of 2-3 minutes.

So yeah, they are pretty much done. And I didn't say they are role players. That's not what I said. I said they are done.

But don't get what I am saying confused. They have both been done for a LONG time. They went to back to back finals and won a championship, and they were both already easily done as players in that whole time.

The main thing is how Popovich manages the minutes of the team. However, at some point, playing a bunch of scrubs isn't going to work as well as it has in the past.

So I'm not even saying they can't still do well in the playoffs. Not at all, I am just stating a simple fact that Duncan and Manu are washed up has beens, and have been for many years now.

They have been at or worse than Kobe's status for YEARS. The difference is Popovich knows how to manage them properly, and then once you get to the playoffs, the format allows them to get a lot of rest.

I wasn't saying they were scrubs. I was talking about the rest of the team.

I said a few good role players and a bunch of scrubs - meaning I was talking about the players other than the big three.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-28-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Kawhi: 14/7/2/2/1 on 60% TS
    Parker: 17/2/5/1 on 53% TS

Parker is marginally "better" on offense while being worthless on defense. I put quotations around better on offense because watching the games last year, specifically in the finals, his offensive impact oftentimes is negligible, meaning his numbers oftentimes don't mean anything.

He's just nowhere near as good as you think he is. He's a terrible defender, he frequently ruins the rhythm of the Spurs' offensive game plan, he over dribbles and gets his points but plays out of the flow...he's the weakest "elite PG" in the game today. Wonderful. Good thing it's not 2007 anymore. Or 2008. Or 2009. Or 2010-2013. It's the 2014-15 season, and healthy Kawhi >>> Parker. You can bring up past seasons, it means nothing. Kobe Bryant being a top 10 ATG has nothing to do with him playing like ass right now. Same way Parker used to be an MVP candidate, but is nowhere near that right now.
    Duncan and Manu are absolutely horrific defenders. WTF are you smoking?

Besides that, it's the effect of Parker. The other team has to put their best defenders on him and game the whole defensive scheme against him. That opens up the whole rest of the team on offense, which is why scrubs like Splitter and Green, etc. can even get shots off.

You have thoroughly proven that you are not just a MEGA TROLL, but that you also have NEGATIVE basketball IQ with this post.

Saying anyone but Parker is best player on the Spurs, is same level as your absurd trolling about Giannis and European basketball.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-28-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

Besides that, it's the effect of Parker. The other team has to put their best defenders on him and game the whole defensive scheme against him. That opens up the whole rest of the team on offense, which is why scrubs like Splitter and Green, etc. can even get shots off.

You have thoroughly proven that you are not just a MEGA TROLL, but that you also have NEGATIVE basketball IQ with this post.

Saying anyone but Parker is best player on the Spurs, is same level as your absurd trolling about Giannis and European basketball.
    No Parker today, Green goes off.

Duncan is top 5 in opponent FG% at the rim.

We won game 6 against OKC last year with Parker's ass on the bench.

Nice troll job, troll.

NBA lottery pick

Now I know why everyone hates you around these parts.

You obviously have not been watching the Spurs this season. Who do you think has been keeping the Spurs defense afloat with Splitter and Leonard missing lots of games? ESPN has Duncan as the Defensive Player of the first trimester:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...st-trimester-2

Leading the Spurs in Defensive Win Shares at 1.8 (Parker is #8 at 0.5) and Win Shares at 3.1 (Parker is #7 at 1.6) and #2 in Offensive Win Shares at 1.3 (Parker is #4 at 1.1)
    #4 in blocks/game in NBA
    #7 in rebs/game in NBA
    #4 in double-doubles in NBA

so at 0.2 pts per game more than Duncan, you're calling Parker the best player on the Spurs totally ignoring the defensive half of the floor? Who should get the h**l out of here?

Duncan and Manu can't play any defense at all. Not even a little tiny bit. All they can do is give effort in small bursts of 2-3 minutes.

So yeah, they are pretty much done. And I didn't say they are role players. That's not what I said. I said they are done.

But don't get what I am saying confused. They have both been done for a LONG time. They went to back to back finals and won a championship, and they were both already easily done as players in that whole time.

The main thing is how Popovich manages the minutes of the team. However, at some point, playing a bunch of scrubs isn't going to work as well as it has in the past.

So I'm not even saying they can't still do well in the playoffs. Not at all, I am just stating a simple fact that Duncan and Manu are washed up has beens, and have been for many years now.

They have been at or worse than Kobe's status for YEARS. The difference is Popovich knows how to manage them properly, and then once you get to the playoffs, the format allows them to get a lot of rest.

I wasn't saying they were scrubs. I was talking about the rest of the team.

I said a few good role players and a bunch of scrubs - meaning I was talking about the players other than the big three.
    What a disgrace! See my previous post for refuting your statements.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Another boring series to watch if they do though.

"Boring" Tony Parker is better than CP3.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    not saying they will however the west is very tough and the spurs have to fight hard every game to remain in the running. They cant expect to rest their starters as much as before because their bench will be exposed by the better teams. The west this year have teams which unlike previous years were gelling/growing like the trailblazers, pelicans, rockets, clippers etc are now in their primes to make a run for the whole show. Even other teams like the mavs, okc, Memphis and the suns are playing very well and aiming to upset in the playoffs. Top 8 teams in the west are all very good and the spurs have to take the regular season very seriously to even make it to the playoffs this year and that might be more difficult with the old legs
    bump