Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default NOT happy

Okay, Pritchard has made some great moves for us, BUT, I am NOT happy with this draft!!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NOT happy

Yeah, it was pretty uneventful compared to what we are use to. However, we save money, which makes sense due to Orlando getting Vince Carter which allows a higher chance of stealing Hedo. Claver seems like a good pick, because he could turn out to be very good, yet can be stored overseas to keep open a roster spot while the 2nd rounders are nonguaranteed. So pretty much we made Bayless our 2nd unit PG (with Mills who I believe was a steal as our 3rd string), got a good player to store until he develops, and save more money for free agency. If we fail to pick up a big name free agent, I believe we will pull the trigger on a Hinrich or other equivalent deal (heck, maybe that will happen after we sign somebody).

I have yet to lose faith in KP.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish we used the 2nd round to pick up dejuan blair... at least give him a chance even if he had some ACL injuries.. We can sign mike bibby! or andre miller.. both are probably not going to resign with the current team there on..
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

I don't know why you are unhappy with this draft.-

Portlan have a team with no major flaws. You have good players in all positions, they are young and only need time to develop. So it's a good choice to draft a talent like Claver and let him time to develop a bit.

I am from spain, and I can tell you claver has an incredible potential. He is tall, he has good moves and can shoot from 3 effective. I can give you some reports next season that how's the guy doing, if you want.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Orzowei
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Orzowei has an OK reputation so far

Claver is very good election. Congratulations to Kevin Pritchard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alV6DcGBggA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSmBuB81tg

He will be great in a couple of years.
Orzowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
I wish we used the 2nd round to pick up dejuan blair... at least give him a chance even if he had some ACL injuries..

Same here. I was chanting for Blair for every pick. I'm cool with Claver and Pendegraph(sp?) did well in his practices here, but we should have at least got him at 33. Blair adds some hustle and rebounds that would have been nice behind Aldridge right from the start.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Okay, my internet service was slower than hell and I wasn't happy at the time (think I already mentioned that), so I obviously didn't go into much detail the other night and I've been working 14-16 hr shifts since then, with no Internet access......

I have no problem with us taking Claver - had him on my list of prospects...FOR THE SECOND ROUND!!! They called his name and I just about crapped......had flash backs to 2005 when Telfair's name was called...no, wait, that was the 2004 draft....

If I had the pick at #22, Mullens would have been my pick.......one of my two legitimate big men is apparently injury prone....Mullens would have given us another big man - project or not, with good size and who is young. I understand we're trying to save money, but the 22nd pick's salary is just over $1 million in the first two (guaranteed) years of his contract - we're not going to pick up a veteran for that kind of money....and if we are, there's probably good reason he's only making that kind of money. I understand that moving Rodriguez was the smart thing to do and that it also clears money....my problem with that trade is that I don't really CARE that Pendergraph is 3 inches taller than Jon Brockman - I'd rather have Jon Brockman, a guy who is going to bring it every freaking second of every freaking practice/game!!!

I will admit that I am not familiar with Dante Cunningham from Villanova (our #33), but I REALLY wanted DaJuan Blair.

Getting back to our first round pick, what the hell was with the trade to move to #22??? We gave up #24, #56 and a future second rounder to move up two spots???? Once again, to pick a guy who was projected to go in the second round (I actually had us taking him at #38)??????

I wanted French man point guard Nando De Colo (and NO, not just because he's got a freaking cool name either), but San Antonio beat us to him.

COMPLETELY happy/content/satisfied/etc with Patty Mills at #55 however!!! Love his competitiveness!!!

So, let me just ensure everyone that I am still a die-hard Blazers fan, I still think Pritchard is one of the best GMs in the business, I still have faith in our organization - just not too particulary thrilled with this draft.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

GodldMedallist - basically I'm not unhappy with the fact that we picked your fellow Spaniard, but with WHERE we picked him in the draft. Reports from you on ANY players in Spain next season would be incredibly welcome and appreciated!!! Is Fran Vasquez playing for a team in Spain??? I've been hoping for a couple of years now that we could acquire his draft rights from Orlando and bring him over.......maybe we'll have a chance of doing that with Rudy on the team and when/if we bring Victor over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
I don't know why you are unhappy with this draft.-

Portlan have a team with no major flaws. You have good players in all positions, they are young and only need time to develop. So it's a good choice to draft a talent like Claver and let him time to develop a bit.

I am from spain, and I can tell you claver has an incredible potential. He is tall, he has good moves and can shoot from 3 effective. I can give you some reports next season that how's the guy doing, if you want.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
Orzowei
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Orzowei has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
GodldMedallist - basically I'm not unhappy with the fact that we picked your fellow Spaniard, but with WHERE we picked him in the draft. Reports from you on ANY players in Spain next season would be incredibly welcome and appreciated!!! Is Fran Vasquez playing for a team in Spain??? I've been hoping for a couple of years now that we could acquire his draft rights from Orlando and bring him over.......maybe we'll have a chance of doing that with Rudy on the team and when/if we bring Victor over.

Fran Vazquez finish his contract this summer but his rights belong to Orlando.

Claver will play in September with the Spanish team the European Championship. He is among the 12 choosen. Other people of the team that you surely know are: Marc Gasol, Ricky Rubio, JC Navarro, Garbajosa, Rudy and Pau.

Sergio and Fran Vazquez do not want to go and Pau is among the 12 but right now nobody knows if he finally will stay in the Championship.

We will tell you about his performance in the championship.

p.d. San Antonio was the winner of the draft: DeJuan Blair, Jack McClinton and Nando de Colo. All of them in second round. ¡Incredible! Remembering: " ....and with the number 58 San Antonio Spurs choose Ginobili from Argentina".
Orzowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

yeah, what the blazers need to do is stop hatin and get money IMO
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Fran Vazquez is playing with F.C. Barcelona, and this season has recovered the good level that made him the 11th pick from Orlando. It could be a good deal buyin his draft rights, but your manager should speak with him and make sure he would want to go to NBA before trying.

And for Claver, as I said you, this was a low-level draft, and since Portland have no great need in any position for now, it's wise to use the pick for a good prospect like Victor.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
Fran Vazquez is playing with F.C. Barcelona, and this season has recovered the good level that made him the 11th pick from Orlando. It could be a good deal buyin his draft rights, but your manager should speak with him and make sure he would want to go to NBA before trying.

Would it be considered tampering though if KP talks to somebody the Magic have the rights to? I don't know the rule when it comes to players not under contract with an NBA team, but there rights are owned by another team.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Good point, they would probably have to approach Orlando about it beforehand.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Mullens (along with Blair) was one of the big men that I would have been happy to take with our first round pick...............IF they had fallen that far...OH WAIT, THEY DID!!!

GAME 1: Oklahoma City Thunder (3-1) 83, New Jersey Nets/Philadelphia 76ers 62 (0-4)

STUDS: Byron Mullens, formerly known as B.J. Mullens, was criticized by some at Ohio State and the Big 10 Conference for declaring for the NBA after his freshman season. But he’s showing this summer that he could possibly challenge for playing time with the Thunder.

Mullens had 18 points and five rebounds on Thursday against Philly’s Marreese Speights. He made nine of 12 shots, some of them on his own doing and some of them by remaining active for feeds from Russell Westbrook (nine assists).

Mullens, who is often miscast as a center because o f his 7-foot, 275-pound frame, but he plays more like a power forward. He’s shown good lateral quickness, better-than-average hands and the ability to knock down the jumper from the elbow. If he can become a better rebounder and tougher in traffic, he could cut into Nenad Krstic’s playing time this season at center.

``I talked to (Oklahoma City coach Scott) Brooks and he said he wanted to see me start out closer to the basket before I drifted out a little bit,’’ Mullens said. ``I made my first shot and it gave me a lot of confidence and I was just in rhythm. I watched tape with (assistant coach) Mark (Bryant) and we saw some shots that I was rushing and I have to take my time on those, just slowing down and focusing and letting the game come to me.’’
Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Mullens (along with Blair) was one of the big men that I would have been happy to take with our first round pick

Don't know much about Mullens, but Blair is a beast. His knees must be marshmellow for so many teams to pass on him. He was certainly worth a stab with the Blazers 2nd 2nd round pick (33?).
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: