Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default First two weeks of 2011-12 NBA regular season OFFICIALLY CANCELED

Earlier in the day, progress was reported on a near agreement in regard to changing the mid-level exception in free agency, but that’s a minor issue in the labor disputes that caused and prolonged the ongoing NBA lockout.

According to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, after the meeting the first person to speak to the media was David Stern, who said: “I’m sorry to report … that the first two weeks of the season have been canceled.”

READ MORE: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8422
    Last edited by insidehoops; 10-10-2011 at 09:54 PM.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

Now it's officially real.

For fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k's sake...........

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

sounds like players are to blame....will be interesting to see what they say.

Banned

I mean, I can't really be too shocked. It's just disappointing to actually see it in black and white.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

The rhetoric is hilarious from both sides:

On they'll say they are close. Next minute they are far apart. Next minute, they are miles apart. Next minute they are close.

It is f*cking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    sounds like players are to blame....will be interesting to see what they say.
    Sounds like you want the players to take blame.

It takes two sides, genius

Not airballing my layups anymore Sawbucks23's Avatar

I'm not surprised. If they were not able to come to a conclusion after months of discussing, what makes you think they would settle their differences in a couple of days? The players will cave in around January like the 99 season and their deal will get worse. The players have no leverage since the owners are already losing money. Oh well. We'll just focus on basketball after the NFL season.

Default Re: First two weeks of 2011-12 NBA regular season OFFICIALLY CANCELED

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    The rhetoric is hilarious from both sides:

On they'll say they are close. Next minute they are far apart. Next minute, they are miles apart. Next minute they are close.

It is f*cking ridiculous.
    Agreed. Stern says they're apart on every issue, while silver says it's the system, not economic issues

This is pitiful

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
    I'm not surprised. If they were not able to come to a conclusion after months of discussing, what makes you think they would settle their differences in a couple of days? The players will cave in around January like the 99 season and their deal will get worse. The players have no leverage since the owners are already losing money. Oh well. We'll just focus on basketball after the NFL season.
    I think a lot of people, many in sports media included, remained hopeful that one side might finally drop the posturing and cave to some degree. Enough to ween Stern away from the idea of cancelling games, or at least delay cancellation.

Serious playground baller Applause's Avatar

:applaus...

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

I just can't believe they don't realize the harm that cancelling games will do. If they think giving up some money in the CBA is bad, wait until ratings and attendance go way down and there is not enough money anyway.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    Sounds like you want the players to take blame.

It takes two sides, genius
    of course it does. the owners are to blame as well. that is just obvious.

but form what we've heard, the players not accepting a true 50/50 split of BRI makes little to no business sense. Now, of course we could be getting false information....but it seems like an ego thing.

The players lose 160 million dollars by missing the first two weeks of the season. Which means that they are now -40 million by not starting on time.

And that is if they get what they want....which I don't see how that is possible because the players stance gets weaker every day this goes on while the owners stance gets stronger.

We'll know soon enough.

Let just the owners fckn cancel the whole season. Everyone is taking a huge hit by this slow economy and those greedy players and agents can't even sacrifice even a bit for the sake of their fans and those other who their jobs are dependent on this coming season.
    Last edited by dbugz; 10-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.