Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #31
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Default Re: BREAKING: Riots in Oakland over BART Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
the stuff in their neighborhood is not their stuff......

those people dont view the corner store as 'theirs'... there are many really contentious relationships between business owners and people who live in poor neighborhoods....

alot of times, a riot is an excuse for somebody to get back at a store owner or some business owner who certain people may not like....

all the issues Asian store owners and black people have? its a very shaky thing to try run a business in poor neighborhood.... you are looked at like a parasite... mostly pawn shops and liquor type stores more than super markets and or anything positive...

I can't speak for anywhere else, but a lot of the places around here are owned by our people. They might not still live right there, but there's a lot of business owners that came up in the area where their shop is now, and eventually moved, but they're still alumni. I really can't think of many Asian owned stores around here besides the obvious Chinese restaurants. And I remember a laundromat on the eastside having the most Asians I've ever seen in Detroit. Chaldeans own alotta places too, but they're generally real cool with the population.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: