Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once ThunderStruk022's Avatar

Default Re: RETURN OF THE FELTON: New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers, 7:00 PM EST

Nothing to see here. The Knicks have been working on getting exposed as the pretenders they really are for about a month now. A healthy Bulls and Pacers teams are better than they are. And when the playoffs get here, Miami will once again show they're clearly the best team in the East.

Default Re: RETURN OF THE FELTON: New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers, 7:00 PM EST

It's worth noting the Knicks are 5-6 since Stoudemire's return.

Holiday is legit!

damn. jrue is shittin on us.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    No it's not. They were struggling before he came back, STAT has nothing to do with their problems. Stop hating.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    No it's not. They were struggling before he came back, STAT has nothing to do with their problems. Stop hating.
    Whatever you say. It's clear to me the front court of Chandler, Amare and Melo doesn't work.

This. The Knicks have been playing barely above .500 ball for a month or so now.

This. Ever since that hot start the Knicks have played .500 ball. It has nothing to do with Amare.

7-time NBA All-Star

The Knicks played the worst game they possibly good. The defense was pathetic, and the offense was just as bad. It didn't look like the team cared much, and even when they were getting good looks, a ton rimmed out. Melo was way off all night, Jr was not only off, but playing as stupid as he possibly could, Felton looked like a guy who has missed a month and Chandler was not aggressive.

I did not enjoy watching this game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022
    This. The Knicks have been playing barely above .500 ball for a month or so now.
    You don't think injuries and an inconsistent rotation have anything to do with that?

After they lose tonight, the Knicks will be 10-10 in their last 20 games. That goes back to December 13th. They were playing like a really average team well before Amare came back.

And yes ShaqAttack, injuries have something to do with that, but as an old team, I don't think that's going to stop being an issue. That's also why I don't think they'll be serious playoff contenders unless they get insanely hot from three like they were the first few weeks of the season.

National High School Star

Jrue Holiday is one ugly mutherf&cker

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh

The team starting sucking way before Amar'e came back. He's been our best player recently. The stupid coach doesn't care though, and continues to feed Melo.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022
    After they lose tonight, the Knicks will be 10-10 in their last 20 games. That goes back to December 13th. They were playing like a really average team well before Amare came back.

And yes ShaqAttack, injuries have something to do with that, but as an old team, I don't think that's going to stop being an issue. That's also why I don't think they'll be serious playoff contenders unless they get insanely hot from three like they were the first few weeks of the season.
    They're not really an old team. Their only key player who is old is Kidd at 39. Other than that, Melo is 28, Chandler and Stoudemire are 30, Felton is 28, Novak is 29 and Shumpert is 22. So out of the 20+ mpg, the oldest guy outside of Kidd is 30. Their average age is inflated by the backup big men Kurt Thomas, Sheed and Camby who are all pushing 40.

Knicks 8-10 over the last 18 games. Everything back to normal

It actually felt weird winning all those games early on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    They're not really an old team. Their only key player who is old is Kidd at 39. Other than that, Melo is 28, Chandler and Stoudemire are 30, Felton is 28, Novak is 29 and Shumpert is 22. So out of the 20+ mpg, the oldest guy outside of Kidd is 30. Their average age is inflated by the backup big men Kurt Thomas, Sheed and Camby who are all pushing 40.
    Didn't really think about that. I guess I let the old age of all those back-up bigs fool me.

If Kidd and Carmelo hold up, and they get 2009 Orlando hot from three, I could see them making the ECF and possibly even winning depending on if Wade is healthy and which Wade shows up for the series. Their success hinges on five players: Carmelo, Chandler, Kidd, Smith, and Amare in my opinion. As long as those five are healthy, and the shooters get hot in the playoffs, they'll be a tough out. I just don't think they're on Miami's level, and I'm still not sold on them being better than a healthy Bulls or Pacers team.