Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay roommate

Learning to shoot layups

Default Gay roommate

Would you have a gay guy as a roommate?

Dunking on everybody in the park barne100's Avatar

Default Re: Gay roommate

i did for a couple weeks in the dorms. he would listen to rent a lot and didnt really love my music choices but he was a cool dude. it would have been no problem except he snored.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_R
    Would you have a gay guy as a roommate?
    This semester, we had a similar situation in our suite of 6 people. First, us 5 friends moved into a new suite this past year in the fall. So we had this new suitemate (not my rooommate) who we suspected was gay. He brought in a guy to the suite and they were shirtless in his room, with the door closed, but not locked. That suitemate then moved out that semester, and a new guy came in during the spring semester and took the place of that suspected gay guy.

This new guy we knew liked men. This guy's roommate went from having a roommate whom he thought was gay to a roommate he knew was gay. My roommate then asks this guy who likes men if he was gay. He responds by saying he's bisexual, even though he doesn't like women.

But anyway, to answer the original question, I would say if I had the choice, I would not have a gay guy as a roommate, no disrespect to them.
    Last edited by ForceOfNature; 07-13-2008 at 11:12 AM.

cartmanclone
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

ID get a new one...

Im not staying near any homos

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

As with any roommate, if the person was of good character, I would not care. I'm not uncertain about my sexuality. So, if the person is gay, thats their gig; its not going to change me and I am not going to change them.

Roommate I got no problem.

How about cellmate?

Banned

who cares...I have been around gay people a lot from undergrad. As long as it isnt all in my face then I have no problem with it. Its not my business, the only problem I have with gay people is when they compare being gay to the civil rights movement. Then we get into arguments and people's feelings get hurt.

NBA lottery pick

I've had one. I suspected it, but he didn't come out about it. I got confirmation when I came home one day to find out he'd used my computer and I found a link in my drop down menu to "gaywatch.com".

Pissed me off more that the f*cker was using my computer when I wasn't around. You just don't do that in this day and age without asking. Too many personal things on computers, like all my banking sh*t.

Anyways, I don't like having a gay roommate, but as long as they're not openly displaying it, or making a pass at you, then it isn't really a problem.

Mathius

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cartmanclone
    ID get a new one...

Im not staying near any homos
    He probably wouldnt want anything to do with you either.

I dont have a problem with someone being gay. I'll have a problem if you're indecent, annoying or *********gy.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

NBA Superstar

if I can hit it, its all good (no homo)

crawford, mashburn

I support homosexuals because sexual orientation is something you're born with. That said, I would still prefer that my roommates be straight, I feel the environment would be less awkward and more normal and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    the only problem I have with gay people is when they compare being gay to the civil rights movement. Then we get into arguments and people's feelings get hurt.
    Having your civil liberties infringed upon is all the same, no matter the reason.

crawford, mashburn

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Having your civil liberties infringed upon is all the same, no matter the reason.
    Gay issues are very closely related to racial issues, both are perpetuated by hate directed toward traits that the object of ridicule has no colntrol over (color of his skin, sexual oritentation).