Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: The Prestige... The Machine Didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    okay to summarize the explanation:

the machine did not work. Tesla lied to him to get his money and the hat and cats were all planted there just to make the machine look believable. He realizes that the machine does not work but uses his double from the previous tricks to make it seem it actually works? so in the end he just kills his double and gets revenge?

then how do u explain when we see the machine working and he shoots the 'clone'?

does anyone think the "clone" shoot the real Angier? and the clone killed a bunch of "Angier Clones"....look at the water tanks where you see a bunch of Angier Clones in those water tanks.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    does anyone think the "clone" shoot the real Angier? and the clone killed a bunch of "Angier Clones"....look at the water tanks where you see a bunch of Angier Clones in those water tanks.
    No, Angier shoots the first clone. However, Angier officially dies the first time he does the trick with the water tank underneath the stage. Every Angier we see from there forth is a clone of a clone.

The best part about that storyline was that he really wasn't Angier, but a Lord Cudlow all along, just disguised as a poor up and coming magician.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Not to defend the OP or analysis, but Memento had a few different explanations. There's the easy one, that he really did lose his memory and that he really was searching for the killer, or the alternative: that he was the killer all along.
    umm. I have never heard of this interpretation. It's not explicated by anything in the actual film. What makes you think that? I don't really understand why people make analysis of film that's unsupported by what's actually presented by the director.

There was an official website for the movie which stated that his wife did NOT die the night of the attack but 9 months later just like Teddy says. so he couldn't be the killer or else his wife would have fingered him...

I think it's more plausible that Teddy was actually the killer.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    umm. I have never heard of this interpretation. It's not explicated by anything in the actual film. What makes you think that? I don't really understand why people make analysis of film that's unsupported by what's actually presented by the director.

There was an official website for the movie which stated that his wife did NOT die the night of the attack but 9 months later just like Teddy says. so he couldn't be the killer or else his wife would have fingered him...

I think it's more plausible that Teddy was actually the killer.
    Holy shit, do you have any idea how f*cking annoying you are? When did I say I believed any of what I said? I simply offered an alternate explanation I once heard, on this site, from a poster that you ridiculed the other day for almost the exact same reason.

You're the new ukplayer from last year/me from two years ago. An elitist ass with an attitude problem. Grow the f*ck up.

Decent college freshman

Holy shit, do you have any idea how f*cking annoying you are? When did I say I believed any of what I said? I simply offered an alternate explanation I once heard, on this site, from a poster that you ridiculed the other day for almost the exact same reason.

You're the new ukplayer from last year/me from two years ago. An elitist ass with an attitude problem. Grow the f*ck up.
    lol come on man, I was just trying to incite discussion. not trying to be disrespectful.

I'm not elitist at all. I consider myself an everyman.

But i'll take what you said into consideration maybe I do come off more abrasive than I imagine. I'm just on here to discuss things not trying to ridicule ppl.

Blu Ray

You probably don't notice it, but you're incredibly abrasive and elitist.

There was a long discussion on the possibility that he was the killer all along with legit references from scenes and a genuine believable breakdown of the time-line. I'll try to find it.

Blu Ray

attention ridonks: do you have the link i'm referring to? does anyone? long discussion on Memento

I rule the local playground

[QUOTE=Riddler]
    [B]

Yeah, the two issues that really depic that the machine did work was the initial "test" in which the clone was killed (without an audience), and the ending dialogue where he expressed his true worry about the fear he faced if he would awake as the man in the box (and thus a dying one), or the man in the prestige.

your explanation never accounts for the scene where Hugh Jackman clones himself, sees his clone and then shoots him in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    your explanation never accounts for the scene where Hugh Jackman clones himself, sees his clone and then shoots him in the chest.
    I highly doubt its his explanation. Dooms appears to be incapable of an original thought or action.

bosh gave me my jacket Hibachi!'s Avatar

Opinions like this kind of annoy me, why do people always look for some alternate meaning when it's not meant to be there? Same thing with shutter island.

The clone scenes in this movie clearly show that the machine works. No point in trying to find clues to prove otherwise.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Not to defend the OP or analysis, but Memento had a few different explanations. There's the easy one, that he really did lose his memory and that he really was searching for the killer, or the alternative: that he was the killer all along.
    I thought it was quite obvious that him and his wife were attacked and both survived, though his memory problems began at that moment. His wife then tried to snap him out of it by having him give her medicine over and over, and it ended up killing her. Since she was no longer around and his last memory was her appearing to die (though she didn't), he believed she was dead. He actually did get his revenge on the attackers (even though they didn't kill anybody) and Teddy helped set up a puzzle that would keep him motivated throughout life to find the "killers."

Like this thread about the Prestige, there are other possible interpretations, but I think they are bogus in the sense that Nolan and the writers didn't intend for other interpretations to exist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibachi!
    The clone scenes in this movie clearly show that the machine works. No point in trying to find clues to prove otherwise.
    Yeah, might as well say Peter Parker never became Spider-Man. He got bit by a spider, and had a reaction. He went to his room and was obviously ill and was about to pass out. It could be interpreted that he did pass out and the whole thing about getting super powers was all a dream. Of course, that interpretation would be bogus because that was not at all what was intended by the creators.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I highly doubt its his explanation. Dooms appears to be incapable of an original thought or action.
    half his stuff is TOO original, it is in left feild, and how come EVERY SINGLE THREAD he makes has YOU in it?

I mean really what the f*ck? did he kill your mom or something?...you've been trolling his threads for literally YEARS now...and your over 30 years old Deuce...seriously I am baffled that you are just incapable of letting it go...whatever "IT" is...LET IT GO...move on!!!

there are 100 posters here that I think make dumb threads...do you see me in them 24/7 telling them they are dumb?...no cause I don't give a shit...

I bet you are the single most amazingly arrogant little f@ggy douche in real life...you probably walk around thinking you are a genius compared to everyone when the reality is you are the most bitter unhappy ugly MFer there is...