Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any males here have their ears pierced? Would you?

Hey ISH. I have a few questions. Do you have your ears pierced? When did you get them pierced? Do you regret it? Would you get them pierced? Does it affect you getting a job in the long run?

I'm 20, I never got my ears pierced. But, lately I've been feeling like I should get them pierced. I want them for myself because I want a new look. My family is against that for males, which is half the reason why I never got them done. But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.

Curious to know, should I get them pierced, if so, will it leave a MARK on my ear lobe if I do decide to GET RID OF THEM later on? I don't want to leave a permanent mark.

Like I said, I'm debating. Plus, another reason why, is because I believe my girlfriend probably deep down inside wants me to get them done even though she's so called against it. I feel like more girls are into this in males, and perhaps it's just trending? I just want to add a new look on without marks in the long run.

Default Re: Any males here have their ears pierced? Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.
    There is your answer right in your own post.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    There is your answer right in your own post.
    /thread

NBA rookie of the year

Hey ISH. I have a few questions. Do you have your ears pierced? When did you get them pierced? Do you regret it? Would you get them pierced? Does it affect you getting a job in the long run?

I'm 20, I never got my ears pierced. But, lately I've been feeling like I should get them pierced. I want them for myself because I want a new look. My family is against that for males, which is half the reason why I never got them done. But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.

Curious to know, should I get them pierced, if so, will it leave a MARK on my ear lobe if I do decide to GET RID OF THEM later on? I don't want to leave a permanent mark.

Like I said, I'm debating. Plus, another reason why, is because I believe my girlfriend probably deep down inside wants me to get them done even though she's so called against it. I feel like more girls are into this in males, and perhaps it's just trending? I just want to add a new look on without marks in the long run.
    I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

You're worrying for nothing, it's your ears and it's no big deal really.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

And these one's but less shiny;

Last edited by millwad; 01-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i've had my left ear pierced since i was like 7. i haven't had an earing in it it years though and it never closed up.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

You're worrying for nothing, it's your ears and it's no big deal really.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

And these one's but less shiny;

Are those the ones that stretch your earlobes? I see people with those all the time, I don't know how in the world they do it. I can never do that. But yeah, I really want em' pierced. Maybe just a simple diamond.

I had a stud on left ear back in highschool, then i noticed a lot of guys started doing that

so i lost interest

men with earrings is just weird to me now. anything other than a nice time piece and a ring or two is unusual

but it's just ears, just do it and see you feel about yourself

NBA rookie of the year

Are those the ones that stretch your earlobes? I see people with those all the time, I don't know how in the world they do it. I can never do that. But yeah, I really want em' pierced. Maybe just a simple diamond.
    No, it's only the shape of jewelry that make it look like it's been stretched. The piece that goes through the air is really thin. Most of the people just have the small piercing made and then they go for that kind of style when they get their ear rings.

It's you ear and your decision but fake bling bling looks pretty stupid, no offense.

By the way, if you decide to get your ear pierced, don't even let anyone come close with a piercing gun close to your ears. To start with, they can never be completely sterilized which basically means that they can pass diseases even though it's not very likely, but it's still dirty and not as accurate as a real piercer who uses a needle.

NO:

YES:

Don't have them pierced and don't have any interest in getting it done. However, if you want to get them pierced then go ahead. Don't let someone else make the decision for you.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    No, it's only the shape of jewelry that make it look like it's been stretched. The piece that goes through the air is really thin. Most of the people just have the small piercing made and then they go for that kind of style when they get their ear rings.

It's you ear and your decision but fake bling bling looks pretty stupid, no offense.

By the way, if you decide to get your ear pierced, don't even let anyone come close with a piercing gun close to your ears. To start with, they can never be completely sterilized which basically means that they can pass diseases even though it's not very likely, but it's still dirty and not as accurate as a real piercer who uses a needle.

NO:

YES:

Holy shit the second pic looks painful. Thanks for your responses guys. I just wanted to add some bling. I'll start off with a rolex first.

Don't like guys with earrings generally, but I'm not a girl(s) who I suppose you are looking for.
    The worse trend is that earrings with a hole in them... I seen guys with it:

It's like, what are they doing?!?! Does it mean anything? Do they know what it means? It's ewww. Africans do it, but they are primitive in their understanding of beauty... As well as African-Americans, for that matter But yea.
    Last edited by kNIOKAS; 01-05-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Can't go wrong with black studs. Go for it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Had them pierced with some cheap studs from Claire's when I was like 17.

Had at least 20 compliments the first day back. I guess it looks good on hispanic-y looking guys. Especially with a dark caesar and a modified goatee.

Most of the LBGT, unclassy, trashy stereotypes associated with pierced ears can be refuted if you speak in an articulate, classy manner.

i had my ears pierce when i was 14-16. i would never wear earrings now, 22. it looks immature and unprofessional.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    The worse trend is that earrings with a hole in them... I seen guys with it:

Seriously, that is so stupid. Then you either have to decide to keep your ears looking like that forever, or have surgery that essentially cuts off the lobe of your ear if you grow out of it. This and face tattoos are terrible decisions and people that have them are the people I dismiss most in life.