Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Is there a way to change the quarters to 12 minutes instead of 8? I find I have the most realistic games at 12 minutes. 8 minutes is just trying to make Jordan score, then frantically passing to your teammates every once in awhile.

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

don't think so. I guess the developers figured out that in 8 minutes it's really challenging to do those things with jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Man, I made 70 points, so it can't be to hard so score against him, but it was hard to score 70 against him. I guess it's the challenge itself which makes it also hard and after the first quater the double you proper, so you got problems getting to the hole. Never said Ehlo was a great Jordan-Defender in real life, but he made it pretty hard for me in this challenge.
    I was talking about in the game as well. JOrdan is so easy to score with it's ridiculous. It's almost unfair the shots you can make with a hand in your face.....the fadeaways you can make after three pump fakes.....the dunks.....

I only have three challenges left.

(I'm saving the series one for last)

If you get a trip dub with MJ you get two achievements btw

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I was talking about in the game as well. JOrdan is so easy to score with it's ridiculous. It's almost unfair the shots you can make with a hand in your face.....the fadeaways you can make after three pump fakes.....the dunks.....

I only have three challenges left.

(I'm saving the series one for last)
    Yeah, it is easy but when they start double you and you miss some shots and jordan goes cold you'll have a hard time. By the way, which difficulty are you playing? At pro I dominate with Jordan easily as well...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Getting the treys against Portland has been infuriating. The rebounds against Utah have pissed me off because MJ moves at half speed and EVERYTIME I get one rebound short of my goal Ron Harper grabs a "superman" rebound out my hands.

I am Chris Wilcox

Currently at half time for the shootout. Finding this one pretty easy. Jordan's got 24/2/5 already, which means I've got the assists out the way and Wilkins has got 6 points. Althought Moses Malone is doing pretty damn well with 10/4.

Half time score is 43 - 24 in favour of the Bulls. Personally I think they got defense right this year, I'm not having trouble staying in front of guys like was last year.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Man, I made 70 points, so it can't be to hard so score against him, but it was hard to score 70 against him. I guess it's the challenge itself which makes it also hard and after the first quater the double you proper, so you got problems getting to the hole. Never said Ehlo was a great Jordan-Defender in real life, but he made it pretty hard for me in this challenge.
    Just wait 'til you have to deal with Byron Scott against the Lakers. That was by far the hardest Jordan Challenge so far. Mostly because you have to win 4 games against L.A. while averaging 55% and 11 assists, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Getting the treys against Portland has been infuriating. The rebounds against Utah have pissed me off because MJ moves at half speed and EVERYTIME I get one rebound short of my goal Ron Harper grabs a "superman" rebound out my hands.
    Maybe I lucked out with my hitting the threes against Portland. I beat that challenge on the first try, and scored almost 60 on Drexler with 10 threes and held him to a sad 14 points in a huge blowout. I probably could've scored 80+ on their sorry defenses, but after I got my 35/6 threes in the first half, I was trying to slow down the game and not push the ball too much so Drexler had less chances to get his cheesy dunks which are basically not even defendable.

I'm about to do the Father's Day game, with the rebounds. I've been thinking the boards for two of the last 3 chellenges, and the 4 steals for the last one were gonna be the hardest parts. I've just got the last 3 challenges left though, so almost done. Might try to complete it today since I have the day off.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Maybe I lucked out with my hitting the threes against Portland. I beat that challenge on the first try, and scored almost 60 on Drexler with 10 threes and held him to a sad 14 points in a huge blowout. I probably could've scored 80+ on their sorry defenses, but after I got my 35/6 threes in the first half, I was trying to slow down the game and not push the ball too much so Drexler had less chances to get his cheesy dunks which are basically not even defendable.

I'm about to do the Father's Day game, with the rebounds. I've been thinking the boards for two of the last 3 chellenges, and the 4 steals for the last one were gonna be the hardest parts. I've just got the last 3 challenges left though, so almost done. Might try to complete it today since I have the day off.
    did he 'shrug' after that 6th 3 was drained?

about the rebounds .. . there has to be a way to make it possible.
    I don't know?? maybe double-team their center and hang out at the rim??
    what do you guys think? play Jordan as the power forward or center..
    won't work. . .

Anyone tried saving a game? I did it with a MJ challenge because I had to leave. Tried to load up saved game? Game just freezes. Now I gotta do the damn challenge over because it wont load my saved game. Why ask if I want to save if you're not going to load.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    Is there a way to change the quarters to 12 minutes instead of 8? I find I have the most realistic games at 12 minutes. 8 minutes is just trying to make Jordan score, then frantically passing to your teammates every once in awhile.
    You're nuts. 8mins is long enough. 12? Murder especially if you end up failing the challenge. Talk about a facepalm.

I did an MJ challenge and had the stats but lost the game by 1. Stung having to do that challenge ALL over again. Might have to bump it down to All Star from Superstar difficulty. I've only passed 2 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Anyone tried saving a game? I did it with a MJ challenge because I had to leave. Tried to load up saved game? Game just freezes. Now I gotta do the damn challenge over because it wont load my saved game. Why ask if I want to save if you're not going to load.
    I had to save one once too.
    It worked, loaded right up.. and I even failed at the remainder and loaded it back up. No problems. A buddy also has saved and it worked. It was for the 91' Finals. Have you tried that yet.. not everybody can play a whole series (4 or 5 games) in one sitting so it has to be able to save. Maybe that one does automatically after every game, I'm not sure.

It is kind of a cheesy way to pass a challenge if you have tried it already and having trouble. Like if I'm trying to do 6 threes in the first half (or the rebound ones) if I start out strong in the first quarter and hit at least 3 threes or what not.. I will probably save so I can start the 2nd quarter with only needing 3 more threes. Cheesy but might be necessary for a player like me after failing a challenge 5 or more times.

I'll try saving it again to see if it works. Probably just that particular save. And I never thought about saving a game and loading it back up. If I keep failing then that is what I might end up doing. Yeah I'm saving that playoff series for last. No way I do that in 1 sitting, 8 min quarters. Hell naw.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Just knocked off the 86 Celtics, Double Nickel, and 69 point game challenge.

The main one I'm worried about is the one that requires 4+ steals. That's pretty tough for me, since I generally play conservative defense (against computer and people), and running the passing lanes seems harder this year as well.

As a side note, for some reason, I'm getting burnt by total scrubs on defense, but I'm locking down the stars just fine. James Edwards, Hot Rod Williams, and John Starks have gone nuts against me, while Bird/Ewing/Isiah/and Mark Price have done jack. Kevin McHale got me, but then again it's hard to stop a guy when his release point is 15 feet in the GD air.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'll try saving it again to see if it works. Probably just that particular save. And I never thought about saving a game and loading it back up. If I keep failing then that is what I might end up doing. Yeah I'm saving that playoff series for last. No way I do that in 1 sitting, 8 min quarters. Hell naw.
    dude, that one I was talking about where I saved was the double-nickel.
    Tried it like 3 times and the next time I was doing great. The 3rd quarter ended and I had 48 points. Problem was I have to shoot 55%. I was at 44%. If I messed up in the 4th then ..well I didn't want to play the whole frickin game again , so I saved. Knowing I only needed to go on a run with Jordan in the 4th. Just get like 5 shots or so without him missing. (hopefully high% shots a.k.a. example i.e. DUNKS) So I load my saved game and miss my first two shots with MJ. % then dropped. I quit and re-loaded. Missed a couple more with him quit and loaded..(I feel/felt like a cheater kinda) Then went on my run had 56%, took Jordan out and that was it ... passed it.

That wack or what? The easy way out?
    I look at it like time-management...

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    did he 'shrug' after that 6th 3 was drained?

about the rebounds .. . there has to be a way to make it possible.
    I don't know?? maybe double-team their center and hang out at the rim??
    what do you guys think? play Jordan as the power forward or center..
    won't work. . .
    He didn't shrug, but I'm always skipping the annoying cutscenes after shots since I just wanna get back to the game. I might've skipped him shrugging.

By the way, I was just gonna say. . .I played Jordan at PF and it did work.

What I did was turn off auto subs (those only screw you up during Jordan challenges anyway, constantly taking out Pippen and your PG when they have 90 energy. -_- ..), and I put in Kukoc at center, and switched Jordan to PF, and used Harper at SG with Kerr at PG.

I just camped out around the rim, though that prick Pippen ripped away like 4 boards from me in a row after I had 8 and was in the 4th quarter. -_-

As usual, rush your offense as much as possible since it's hard to get offensive boards. Push your offensive pace but with Jordan hang around the rim. Make sure your man doesn't get easy catches for dunks though since obviously you aren't getting a rebound on that anyway.

Also, it can also help to switch away from Jordan to any teamates who are close by to frickin move them out of the way so they don't steal your boards. AI MJ will sometimes swipe the boards for you while you do that. I got 3 that way. . .and I felt I basically had to do that since Pippen kept taking them away from him. :\

I had a tough time getting the boards, it was really stressful. I ended up with 55/10/15 on 66% along with 3 blocks and 2 steals with Jordan though. Pretty pro game there. The Sonics' defense sucks ass compared to the Lakers', Celtics, and Pistons.

Of course I have to get even MORE boards for the next challenge. . .great. I'm guessing MJ has diminished stats since he has the flu or whatever too huh?

After that I just gotta worry about the 4 steals challenge and done. ^_^