Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bernie Sanders, A Member Of The Top 10% According To New Tax Filing

This is a typical tax rate for that level of income.

Damn. Kevin killed this man.

Kind of sad. Two highly educated individuals working decades in the same field have a combined income of 200K. I don't have much else to look forward too, but it just shows you how little so many people make in this country if a combined household income of 200K gets you into the 10%.

I'm down with HRC

No killing intended it's just that marginal tax rate and effective tax rates are misunderstood by probably upwards of 90% of folks.

I always have to check to see if I'm using them correctly and I'm at least aware of them.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Kind of sad. Two highly educated individuals working decades in the same field have a combined income of 200K. I don't have much else to look forward too, but it just shows you how little so many people make in this country if a combined household income of 200K gets you into the 10%.
    She's virtually retired, isn't she?

Also just noticed this a Senator's Salary is

2014 -- $174,000 per annum

Bernie lists 156, 441 as his wages.

Anyone know what's up with that? Just weird accounting?

I'm down with HRC

Actually, there was a government shutdown that year. Did senators lose some pay during that?

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson

I kind of assumed she is either retired or basically works for him for free, but didn't feel like investigating.

What did she used to do?

Looked it up. Former President of a college. She was pulling in 2-300K (minimum) recently.

The majority of the income probably comes from Bernie Sanders and he has a decent amount of perks including great health care, pension, stipends etc. Probably has many other perks that politicians are afforded.

What I think is sad is Bernie Sanders has been making north of $100k for over 25 years and he still is paying off his homes and has a networth somewhere around $300,000. The guy finances are probably representative of your typical American with high debt and consumption. My networth is higher than his and I am not even 30 and I don't make 6 figures and have the perks of being a politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson

Yeah I wondered that as well. Maybe he is contributing to a retirement account. $18k is usually the max which would explain the discrepancy.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He's a sitting senator. of course he's in the top 10 percent of earners. senators get paid a lot more than dudes sweeping floors and there are way less of them than janitors...

He only made $200,000? I thought Politics paid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    He didn't work hard enough for the money
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iN5NzJMjAE

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    That's AFTER your term in office.

I'm down with HRC

She was pulling in 2-300K (minimum) recently.
    This gets you closer to the 1% which might be why Bernie only released one year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What did Trump pay in taxes?