Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #46
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Anyone around here still game at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Fair enough. The better role is in Calgary, but flying 14 hours across the water, and settling down somewhere new, I'd like it to be exciting at least.

Vancouver does look amazing.
How is the property market in Montreal? Reasonable? I've got friends in Vancouver and they've said the same. Very expensive.

I just visited calgary and was there for about a week. Banff is amazing if you are a nature lover and its only about an hour and half away. Drive a little west and you get the rockies. A little east and you get the badlands. Pretty cool. I don't think they have much of an economy outside of fossil fuels. Granted, every major oil corp has a giant building downtown. Very beautiful city but its smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

What's stunning for me as an american is just how expensive real estate is over there. Nowhere near as bad as Vancouver or Toronto but compared to what it is in the states you really don't get much bang for you buck. Don't get me started on the price of beer/groceries. Highway robbery.

Another kinda crazy thing is Alberta is considered one of the more conservative parts of the country and yet Calgary has a gay muslim mayor. Can you imagine that in the Dakotas or Montana?
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #47
JohnnySic
green is good

Default Re: Anyone around here still game at all?

Still play the GTA games. Most other games dont hold my interest for long.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: