Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

First games are notorius trap games, and the Lakers lived through it, while the Spurs gave one away. Good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

a win can never be called ugly.. in this league winning is important.. Its really a bad loss for the Spurs because they had the chance to steal one on the road. I dont think that game 2 will be the same.. Odom and fisher will bounce back.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by kps
    good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs
    Agreed.

I still think the Spurs be encouraged though because they just came off of a hard fought series, Ginobili played like a** and they still almost won the game on the road.

shhhhhhh

haha spurs fans trying to take a moral victory for blowing a 20 point lead...

this is the finals, there is no margin for error, no time to reflect and try and pull something good from the bad...

spurs are a good team, don't cheapen them by trying to turn cloudy skies blue

Quote Originally Posted by BballFan422
    Agreed.

I still think the Spurs be encouraged though because they just came off of a hard fought series, Ginobili played like a** and they still almost won the game on the road.
    Comical!!!! If Ginobili plays his best game and Odom and Fisher play a "good" game the Lakers still win......not to mention if Kobe actually scores in the first half.........throw that in and the Lakers blow out the Spurs start to finish.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

the only ugly wins are wins that are off cheating are by counting on the refs

everything else?

GREAT WIN

Bad loss for the Spurs, Ugly win for the Lakers.

The fact that we were down 20 at home is not a good sign and makes me more concerned than ever about the series.

It was a great feeling watching that comeback but it certainly doesn't make me think we're just going to roll over them all of the sudden.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.
    Total BS! The Lakers have homecourt advantage, so the Spurs have to win at least 1 game on the road. If you can't win a game when you're up by 20 with 18 minutes to go, it's a very BAD thing.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

the spurs were on an episode of Lost? nobody told me! sounds like it was a good one.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

There's no such thing as a good loss in the playoffs. Especially when you don't even have HC. SA lost their best shot at winning the series last night. Hard to imagine LA playing worse than that at home.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I want the Lakers to lose so badly. They don't deserve it. Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

Kobe wants to leave but doesn't. Phil Jackson gets most talent AGAIN.

Anyway, Spurs are in trouble. Lakers just have too many weapons and of course, Kobe. It's over.

I can't buy that statement. Nobody complained when the Suns got Barkley for even less and they went to the finals. Don't blame teams for great management decisions. If your team can get quality for dirt cheap, wouldn't you take it?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    There's no such thing as a good loss in the playoffs. Especially when you don't even have HC. SA lost their best shot at winning the series last night. Hard to imagine LA playing worse than that at home.
    bingo. good win for the lakers, bad loss for the spurs

Good High School Starter

Spurs are a laughing stock.It was a choke job and it hurts.Come on,this is disgusting.Ginobili,Parker looked like Derek Anderson or Antonio Daniels and it feels like 2001&2002 all over again.I remeber those scoring droughts.While Duncan used to put up monster numbers,his teammates used to throw up brick after brick.Let Duncan get his...

The Spurs lack/lacked killer instinct.They always did.The big man and a strong team defense won four championships,but they have never repeated as champs because they have never had a perimeter player capable of taking over big games on a consistent basis. (Ginobili is too erratic and inconsistent from game-to-game scoring-wise )

New Orleans were the better team,but they decided to double team the big man every time:terrible mistake.Phil Jackson is a wise man.I hope I
    Last edited by Anaximandro1; 05-22-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.
    As I said earlier.....if Odom and fisher play a decent game 1 and Kobe scores in both halves the Lakers would've beat the Spurs by 20.

Game 2 proves I was right!!!!

Do you STILL think the Spurts are the better team???

Pop was laughing because he has his vacation already booked for next weekend and won't have to pay a cancellation fee.....SWEET!!!!!!

Phil wasn't laughing bacause he is saving it for winning the Finals.

Banned

yeah that idiot was laughing after last night's loss too was which a big surprise and on top of that he says-"Barry wasn't fouled???