Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: Celtic Fans: What realistic trade options do we have for Rondo?

You still aren't a Celtics fan, all you ever contribute on here is Rondo bashing. he's not playing well and last night was a crap performance but we aren't trading him.

The team is loaded, but in the wrong positions. In my opinion, we have more quality SGs (Bradley, Terry, Lee, Barbosa) than quality bigs (Garnett, Bass, Sullinger). 2 of those 3 big men are undersized, one of which is a rookie and the other is having a horrible season. Trading for a centre is a must, and anyone not named Pierce, Garnett, Bradley and Rondo are available. I'd rather let Terry go at this point than Lee, our problem has not been an offensive one and Lee missed all 6 shots last night and still came away with the best +/- on the team. Either way we don't need to play any more than 3 back court guys, and Rondo and Bradley are locks. I don't want any ****ing about, get Varejao, Gortat or another banger who will fight for boards and play a bit of defence and we're good again. There is no way we can trade both Green AND Lee, though, we need a big wing guy to come off the bench.

Banned

I bet Celtics fans wouldn't even what to do a Rondo for Cousins and Reke trade.

That's how stubborn they are when it comes to Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2

Show me a game of either of these players which is better than any of these games: 2010 vs Cavs, game 4, 2012 vs Knicks, 2012 vs Heat, game 2. Then we might talk about it.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

As a Kings fan I would not want to do it ethier, Rondo is a elite PG no doubt top 2-3 but if we were to let both Evans/Cousins go for him he wouldn't have any real help like he does in Boston and I don't think the Kings get better. On top of that there's not a long line of free agents wanting to come to Sacramento in the offseason and Rondo going from playing with 3 hall of famers to playing with a lot of guys who are trying to make a name for themselves as just decent players might not sit well with Rondo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Show me a game of either of these players which is better than any of these games: 2010 vs Cavs, game 4, 2012 vs Knicks, 2012 vs Heat, game 2. Then we might talk about it.
    That's not how trades actually work. Nobody will find games by Lamar Odom and Caron Butler that is nearly half as good as Shaq. Not remotely close. Yet with a couple of fillers and picks, the trade went down.

You can't find the best games by Kaman, Amino or Gordon that is on Chris Paul's best games level. Yet that trade went down.

It's all based on team needs, potential, prospective picks, etc. If it's all about equal stats and value, we'd see more of LeBron for Durant trades in the league. But that never happens.

Your post pretty much proves my point of how stubborn your fan base is when regarding the almighty Rajon Rondo.

I don't see how could they be trading Rondo at this point... It would be completely desperate move, and I don't really have faith left in the Pierce and Garnett. They seem to lost their fire. If anything, that should be one or both of them traded, but I don't want this to happen, either.

I'm just hoping somehow magically Celtics can pull it together. They have the roster, don't they? They do. Now lets just play some god damn basketball

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    the problem is consistency they wont get more points than he can get every night...we need Rondo's points plus their points...the heat has weapons but still need lebron's points...same principle here.
    The Celtics aren't struggling because Rondo isn't a scorer.

They are missing their Top 5 defenae, they look much older and slow now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    As a Kings fan I would not want to do it ethier, Rondo is a elite PG no doubt top 2-3 but if we were to let both Evans/Cousins go for him he wouldn't have any real help like he does in Boston and I don't think the Kings get better. On top of that there's not a long line of free agents wanting to come to Sacramento in the offseason and Rondo going from playing with 3 hall of famers to playing with a lot of guys who are trying to make a name for themselves as just decent players might not sit well with Rondo.
    I'm wouldn't do it either. Cousins + Reke trade value is worth more than just getting Rondo to me. Not saying Cousins + Reke are better than Rondo, but for Cousins alone you can prob get a quality back-up big, a back-up guard and late 1st Rounder in return.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aoerpkb

Trade doesn't work with Jefferson! Need to involve another team or two. Jazz will give you however many draft picks it takes, Tomic(Euroleague player of the week!) and cash! Marvin is a possible expiring contract, Murphy I believe is unguaranteed for another week and a half and Bell could be bought out. Jazz get the other Twin!
    GTFO

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

That's not how trades actually work. Nobody will find games by Lamar Odom and Caron Butler that is nearly half as good as Shaq. Not remotely close. Yet with a couple of fillers and picks, the trade went down.

You can't find the best games by Kaman, Amino or Gordon that is on Chris Paul's best games level. Yet that trade went down.

It's all based on team needs, potential, prospective picks, etc. If it's all about equal stats and value, we'd see more of LeBron for Durant trades in the league. But that never happens.

Your post pretty much proves my point of how stubborn your fan base is when regarding the almighty Rajon Rondo.
    @ the ridiculousness of this post. The Hornets/Lakers were actively trying to get rid of Paul/Shaq because they were on the last year of a contract (CP3)/had problems with the teams other star (Shaq). The Celtics have Rondo locked in for 3 years on a bargain deal, they literally have no reason to trade him unless they're getting (at the VERY least) equal return. The situations aren't remotely comparable.

So you decided to choose Shaq to Miami (2 years later, title) and CP3 to Clippers (2 years later, 17 game win streak) as arguments on your side?
    I'll break it down a bit better for you.

Championship winning teams need player who will have "those games" for you (LeBron ECF game 6 last year, almost every Finals game from Dirk in 2011, Pierce game 7 against the Cavs 2008, etc). Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins do not have those games. Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game. That's why you don't trade Rondo for an injury prone former ROY and headcase centre that KG MIGHT be able to sort out. You don't trade him for players that aren't winners.

Team needs? You think the Celtics need a ball hog and a headcase instead of their leader and top 3 PG? OK...

Trade your coach.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    @ the ridiculousness of this post. The Hornets/Lakers were actively trying to get rid of Paul/Shaq because they were on the last year of a contract (CP3)/had problems with the teams other star (Shaq). The Celtics have Rondo locked in for 3 years on a bargain deal, they literally have no reason to trade him unless they're getting (at the VERY least) equal return. The situations aren't remotely comparable.
    I don't care what the situations were with Paul and Shaq, or what it is now with Rondo, but Rondo is your only tradeable asset. They'll trade him in a heartbeat if they see fit. And Rondo isn't a saint in the locker room either either, he's had his issues with Ray, KG, etc.

Again, the stubbornness of Boston fans. I can't wait to see the Celtics miss the playoffs so C's fans can get a reality check that their team isn't good anymore and Rondo is not a franchise player.

I don't care what the situations were with Paul and Shaq, or what it is now with Rondo, but Rondo is your only tradeable asset. They'll trade him in a heartbeat if they see fit. And Rondo isn't a saint in the locker room either either, he's had his issues with Ray, KG, etc.

Again, the stubbornness of Boston fans. I can't wait to see the Celtics miss the playoffs so C's fans can get a reality check that their team isn't good anymore and Rondo is not a franchise player.

"I know nothing of the situation, but I know Ainge will trade him"

Being this stupid is an art form.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    So you decided to choose Shaq to Miami (2 years later, title) and CP3 to Clippers (2 years later, 17 game win streak) as arguments on your side?
    I'll break it down a bit better for you.

Championship winning teams need player who will have "those games" for you (LeBron ECF game 6 last year, almost every Finals game from Dirk in 2011, Pierce game 7 against the Cavs 2008, etc). Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins do not have those games. Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game. That's why you don't trade Rondo for an injury prone former ROY and headcase centre that KG MIGHT be able to sort out. You don't trade him for players that aren't winners.

Team needs? You think the Celtics need a ball hog and a headcase instead of their leader and top 3 PG? OK...
    First of all, the trade idea was an example to why you guys are reluctant on Rondo's trade value. Secondly, the Celtics aren't a championship team anymore. Stop pretending they are. Tyreke is an injury-prone PG? He played 57 games his sophomore year, his least played games in a season. Of course, Evans and Cousins don't have any playoff experience, they're in a bad situation in Sacramento. I could be wrong be Garnett was in a shitty situation in Minnesota too, other than that one season when he got Spree and Cassell, he didn't do much when it counts either.

"Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game." I can't even comment on how ridiculous this statement this.