Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #1201
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: The 2017 off-season...Hayward, Hill, Ingles...?

https://thejnotes.com/2017/09/16/sho...f-george-hill/

Quote:
After losing out on George Hill after one meager year, itís hard to wonder what might have been if the Utah Jazz had instead traded directly for Jeff Teague.

losing out means letting a guy walk?

Quote:
there certainly is an argument that the Jazz actually lucked out and will be better off with Ricky Rubio instead of Hill

can argue it all you want. Hill fit perfectly. Rubio doesn't

Quote:
Rubio actually landed higher on Sports Illustratedís list of Top 100 NBA Players than Hill did. Therefore, pinning Rubio as a more valuable player isnít a stretch in the least.

Sure it is. Put Rubio on a team with 4 shooters around him he might thrive. That's not the case here

Quote:
should the Utah Jazz have simply traded straight up for Jeff Teague instead of George Hill

Not as good of a fit but better than Rubio for sure. Would he have stayed? There was plenty of reason to think Hill would

Quote:
if Teague had found success in Utah, the Jazz may have been able to get him to stay and perhaps even at a reasonable rate.

but not as reasonable as Ricky. That's what it all came down to for the Jazz as usual despite their big talk of spending
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #1202
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Rudy Gobert: Congrats to coach Igor for helping Slovenia win Eurobasket. Great work 👍🏽! Ė via Twitter rudygobert27
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #1203
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
You have been part of the NBA for 17 years, you are the first European coach to achieve many milestones in your career in the States. However, this tournament with Slovenia can be called your biggest success? Igor Kokoskov: ďI think so because itís different when you are part of a team, part of the stuff and itís different when you are coaching your own team. And that was one of the reasons that I took the job to coach in FIBA basketball. To have the opportunity to coach my own team, to make my own mistakes and to grow as a coach. In 2007 I got an invitation from Georgian basketball federation and they offered me a job. I wasnít sure that it was a good idea, I didnít know if I should do that or wait. I was also working as an assistant coach in the Serbian national team and Joe Dumars, the Pistons coach at the time, told me that if you want to grow as a coach, if you want to get better, you have to coach your own team. At that time I was also single, I didnít have a family and using the summers to work was an available choice and a wise decision for me. Ė via EuroHoops.net

After this Eurobasket success, do you think that you will be the first European head coach in the NBA? Igor Kokoskov: ďItís hard to tell, itís hard to predict. Thatís something that you donít control. You control your progression, you control your life. A lot of things have an impact on that decision. Itís the trust that the owner has to have in you in order to be a head coach. Itís really complicated and I think that there are many good international coaches who have the knowledge and the experience to work in the NBA. However, itís a different market. I donít think that an NBA owner will have the courage to hire someone that he doesnít know. One that does not have an experience in that market. Thatís the other reason why I keep myself close to the European market, in order to get more experience, but I also stay in the NBA and I wish, even if itís something that I donít control. Ė via EuroHoops.net

I imagine this will help him get interviews next summer at least
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #1204
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Rudy GobertĎs extension with the Jazz, which goes into effect this year, pays him an extra $1MM if heís named to the All-Star team (not as a replacement), plus an extra $750K for making an All-Defensive team and meeting certain rebounding criteria. Another unusual incentive in Gobertís deal? He makes an extra $250K if his defensive rating is below 100. Ė via Hoops Rumors

looks like he'll get a million. Afraid the all-star team will be tough on a crappy team
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #1205
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://www.slcdunk.com/2017/9/18/16...fseason-brazil

Quote:
Netoís current contract is non-guaranteed, so his roster spot may be at risk. Personally, I think he adds enough to warrant a spot going forward. He's a solid passer and a scrappy defender. Letís also not forget where he may have his most value: his relationship with Rudy Gobert.

He's at least the 2nd best pg on the team until someone proves otherwise
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM   #1206
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://thejnotes.com/2017/09/17/uta...ge-hill-trade/

Quote:
While Hillís season turned into a frustrating struggle, Prince had an incredible rookie campaign.

Incredible? We don't know who the Jazz would have picked if they'd kept it

Quote:
If Hill had never been traded to the Jazz, Dante Exum likely would have returned to the starting lineup.

Mack and Neto were better. Hard to imagine Exum starting.
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #1207
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://www.slcdunk.com/2017/9/18/16...17-rule-change

Quote:
David Locke had a theory that I agree with in principle, that teams should simply cut minutes of players in certain games to rest them, rather than taking them out of games entirely. While this makes sense, it is something the players do not want whatsoever. Playing less minutes means that a player will naturally have worse looking stats, and that could impact their next pay check. That makes this suggestion basically unrealistic, and I doubt it is the solution that will make everybody happy.

That's why they have per 36 stats. If guys produce people will pay them

Quote:
Going along with the topic of rule changes, there has been talk of possibly allowing teams to draft players directly from high school once again.

Great! Once everyone has their own G-league team(hopefully next season) I see no reason why they shouldn't. It's time for kids to play in the minors until they prove they are NBA players. Would have helped Exum, Burke, Hood, etc.
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #1208
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://thejnotes.com/2017/09/18/uta...ember-2017/11/

Quote:
Donovan Mitchell has visions of Dwyane Wade dancing in fansí heads (fairly or not), Ricky Rubio is probably a fringe All-Star

Quote:
The big question marks with Utah are whether or not Rodney Hood can be the go-to guy on offense, if Derrick Favors and Alec Burks have anything left in the tank and what Dante Exum can do with more run. If some of these things go their way (and they stay healthy, for once) a lot of people are going to be surprised by the Jazz.

There's no question Hood is a 6th man not a go to guy

A lot of Jazz fans apparently will be surprised when the Jazz suck!
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #1209
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/1...deandre-jordan

Quote:
87. Donovan Mitchell
TIM CATO: As frequently and liberally as we picked from these 2017 rookies (FORESHADOWING!), Iím surprised Mitchell didnít get snapped up earlier than this. He was a steals machine in Louisville who thrived shooting tons of threes and has a bit of an inside game, too. Heís a more athletic Damian Lillard if he hits his peak, albeit maybe without quite the same scoring knack. He showed all those skills off in summer league, and it really looks like Utah has their point guard of the future here.

87 would be pretty disappointing in 4 years. I'm sure they'd love for him to be the pg but that remains to be seen as well
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: