Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: eurobasket2009

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Default Re: eurobasket2009

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Nero, the one thing about Jeanneau is that he doesn't seem to be even an average defender, he's pretty small for a point guard, and has no business being on a good NT.

I think Noah should start because he's almost a legit 7 footer while Ronny can bring energy off the bench. Why wasn't Tariq Kirksay on the squad?
    Yep, but there were many occasions when he seemed to be the only effective playmaker in the squad. But with Diot and De Colo playing well, he might not be needed indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Why wasn't Tariq Kirksay on the squad?
    Because he's horrible And he seemed to have a ****ty attitude.

Anyway the All euro 5 has been announced (and the obvious MVP Gasol), here it is:

Teodosic
    Spanoulis
    Fernandez
    Lorbek
    Gasol

Can't disagree with the last 4, but I can't help but to think France is still getting no respect (because the french league sucks, because of the ties to the NBA, because we're black? I don't know).

It doesn't help that the MVP of the women Eurobasket (which we won!) was a greek.....and the greeks didn't make it to the semis there either. So this "rule" applies only when people really want to.

Anyway I'm still happy for Teodosic, he had a great summer. I just think Parker was better overall. And, you know, a little recognition for a team that was just very unlucky wouldn't have hurt.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Sorry I didn't see your post before Lakas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    I think you put a little too much stock in the group games.
    Well I'm french, clearly I don't

Greece is the second best team in this tournament. They simply cannot beat Spain because of match ups.
    Well you lost to France, so as far as I'm concerned you're not as good as us. You're not supposed to lose on purpose in a serious competition, it's unsportsmanlike and deserves only contempt. But if you do lose on purpose, you don't get to call yourself better than the team you lost to.

Like la bomba said you're not close to the top 2 at all. Otherwise you wouldn't have been so scared of Spain.

And the match up excuse is absolutely lame, they flat out destroyed you that's all. It was indeed a bad match up for you guys, because when you play against a better team it is by definition a bad match up.

Anyway I don't know why I waste my time with this as it's clear you have no interest in being relevant, or right, and you are being completely delusionnal.

Banned

As for this Greece-Spain issue.

Greece's team next year will probably look something like this:

PG Spanoulis/Papaloukas/Kalathes or Papamakarios
    SG Diamantidis/Pelekanos
    SF Vasilopoulos/Vasiliadis
    PF Fotsis/Printezis
    C Bourousis/Schortsanitis/Koufos or Glyniadakis

If everyone is healthy and comes to play it will be the best Greek team ever easily. I think it would be very close to Spain's full roster. Spain would still be a bit better I think, but not by much. An elimination game between the two would come down to the last possession.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 09-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

As for this Greece-Spain issue.

Greece's team next year will probably look something like this:

PG Spanoulis/Papaloukas/Kalathes or Papamakarios
    SG Diamantidis/Pelekanos
    SF Vasilopoulos/Vasiliadis
    PF Fotsis/Printezis
    C Bourousis/Schortsanitis/Koufos or Glyniadakis

If everyone is healthy and comes to play it will be the best Greek team ever easily. I think it would be very close to Spain's full roster. Spain would still be a bit better I think, but not by much. An elimination game between the two would come down to the last possession.
    best greek side ever had Gallis in it!! Spain already detroyed that team in the world championships.

I rule the local playground

Spain has won without Calderon, one of their 3 better players, and one who will be in turkey 2010 for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    best greek side ever had Gallis in it!! Spain already detroyed that team in the world championships.
    If Greece adds players like Vasilopoulos, Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Vasiliadis, Pelekanos they will have no problem competing with Spain. And no that 2006 Greek team did not have players like Pelekanos, Vasiliadis, Calathes, Koufos, Bourousis........and actually Vasilipoulos barely even played.

That would be significantly better than Greece's 2006 roster.

If Greece adds players like Vasilopoulos, Papaloukas, Diamantidis, Vasiliadis, Pelekanos they will have no problem competing with Spain. And no that 2006 Greek team did not have players like Pelekanos, Vasiliadis, Calathes, Koufos, Bourousis........and actually Vasilipoulos barely even played.

That would be significantly better than Greece's 2006 roster.
    i dont know why you add bourousis in there I think he is great,the better players and one of europes best 5.I think papaloukas is past his best.Greece will always be competitive but today it has nothing to do against spain.
    In the world champs Spain beat Greece with papalokas,diamantidis et al by a thumping and without Gasol.I think this Greek team hates to play against Spain and players like Spanoulis stuggle.

Banned

i dont know why you add bourousis in there I think he is great,the better players and one of europes best 5.I think papaloukas is past his best.Greece will always be competitive but today it has nothing to do against spain.
    In the world champs Spain beat Greece with papalokas,diamantidis et al by a thumping and without Gasol.I think this Greek team hates to play against Spain and players like Spanoulis stuggle.
    Probably half of the top Greek players have not been on the team in recent years. My point is if they are it will be a close game. Actually the only good scorer Greece has ever even brought is Spanoulis. Kazlauskas is changing the team and will select a bunch of scorers. He simply did not have time this first summer. But you seem to fail to realize that Greece always brought only a defensive team and never any shooters or scorers and almost none of the athletic players. Actually I am a bit surprised you should know a guy like Vasiliadis if you are Spanish. Most considered him Malaga's best player when he was there. That's just one example of several players that would never play because the team selections were based solely on defense and shooting and scoring was not considered. Greece's team next year will be full of scorers and shooters. So just keep that in mind.

And there is one thing that concerns in this two teams.
    What about the future?

Spain have, Ricky and Claver with the best young players.
    Greece have Calathes and Koufos.

But have you seen the Germany, France and Serbia teams? They are really young talented

Probably half of the top Greek players have not been on the team in recent years. My point is if they are it will be a close game. Actually the only good scorer Greece has ever even brought is Spanoulis. Kazlauskas is changing the team and will select a bunch of scorers. He simply did not have time this first summer. But you seem to fail to realize that Greece always brought only a defensive team and never any shooters or scorers and almost none of the athletic players. Actually I am a bit surprised you should know a guy like Vasiliadis if you are Spanish. Most considered him Malaga's best player when he was there. That's just one example of several players that would never play because the team selections were based solely on defense and shooting and scoring was not considered. Greece's team next year will be full of scorers and shooters. So just keep that in mind.
    I know vasiliadis but there is no way he was the best player at unicaja.He is good but not that good. I liked Kakiouzis,hardly did anything wrong and brought other things to the team.of course with iannakis it was always going to be defensive. by the way i am not spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    And there is one thing that concerns in this two teams.
    What about the future?

Spain have, Ricky and Claver with the best young players.
    Greece have Calathes and Koufos.

But have you seen the Germany, France and Serbia teams? They are really young talented
    this is true but spain have some time to get them through as their players arent that old. I would add pau ribas to claver and rubio,infact for me he is better than claver.there is suarez aswell and correct me if i am wrong but did they not just win the under 16 champs?

Banned

I know vasiliadis but there is no way he was the best player at unicaja.He is good but not that good. I liked Kakiouzis,hardly did anything wrong and brought other things to the team.of course with iannakis it was always going to be defensive. by the way i am not spanish.
    Who was better than Vasiliadis at Malaga? Seriously?

this is true but spain have some time to get them through as their players arent that old. I would add pau ribas to claver and rubio,infact for me he is better than claver.there is suarez aswell and correct me if i am wrong but did they not just win the under 16 champs?
    Yes they won, but there was no "superstar player in that team" just like the other years.
    I like Pablo Aguilar too, and Alejandro Hernandez a "new" player in FC Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Yes they won, but there was no "superstar player in that team" just like the other years.
    I like Pablo Aguilar too, and Alejandro Hernandez a "new" player in FC Barcelona
    you dont need superstars to win.and they are too young to be superstars they need to develop.

Who was better than Vasiliadis at Malaga? Seriously?
    ok just to name a few. berni rodriguez,carlos jimenez,Lorbek,Cabezas
    o.k I know that stats dont mean a lot but surely these stats can't be the stats of the best player of a euroleague team.
    6,8 pts per game 1,3 rebounds and 0.7 assists.
    mm don't think so.
    Berni's for example,10,5pts 1,6 rebs and 2,5 assists!
    in terms of stats rankings the one were u add points,rebs,steals,blocks etc etc you know the one. he ranks 10th!
    behind,Ndong,jimenez,santiago,cabezas,berni rodriguez,marcus faison,pepe sanchez,jiri welsch,marcus brown!!!
    Last edited by la bomba; 10-03-2009 at 05:34 PM.