Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Wow. Time out. Wait. Man shoots guy who killed his kids VIA DUI and he's not guilty?

Basically drunk driver hits 2 children, (12 yrs and 11 yrs) Father of those children, shoots and kills the dude. Then, jury finds him not guilty.

Damn. You can just about do anything in Texas.

Anyone got more facts? I mean, yeah, I would have done the same, but I would do it knowing that I'm getting Life or soemthing. But for him to be not guilty? Wow.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jury-finds-...ry?id=25149665

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Wow. Time out. Wait. Man shoots guy who killed his kids VIA DUI and he's not guilty?

In essence, justice was served.

Without knowing the details of the case, I can assume that the Defendant's case circled around a temporary insanity defense that ultimately excused him from any guilt.

Default Re: Wow. Time out. Wait. Man shoots guy who killed his kids VIA DUI and he's not guilty?

Don't blame the dude. If I was in his place, I would have done the same

Poetic justice.

I'm cool with it and if i was on the jury i'd vote not guilty

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Basically drunk driver hits 2 children, (12 yrs and 11 yrs) Father of those children, shoots and kills the dude. Then, jury finds him not guilty.

Damn. You can just about do anything in Texas.

Anyone got more facts? I mean, yeah, I would have done the same, but I would do it knowing that I'm getting Life or soemthing. But for him to be not guilty? Wow.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jury-finds-...ry?id=25149665
    Texas knows whats up

No weapon found, no gun residue on him. Not guilty.

I'm sure if they wanted to dig deeper they would find more but they want to let him slide.

I remember this story. The f*cked up part is the fact that the drunk driver who was shot and killed had an infant daughter who was born shortly before the accident. All around shitty situation.

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Not enough physical evidence and a Texas jury won't side with a murderer on the reasonable doubt.

My girlfriend's brother in law killed a guy with a rape warrant who was trying to rob stuff out of his garage. Even though he chased him into the street and killed him unarmed in his car, no charges were pressed. A guess the DA decided juries tend not to side with criminals.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Texas knows whats up
    No, they don't (see: affluenza kid).

This is a rare exception to the rule.

I remember this story. I'm glad he isn't going to serve prison time. F*ck drunk drivers. Idiot deserved death for murdering those boys.
    You can say it was an accident, but the a-hole knew the risks associated with driving while impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I remember this story. The f*cked up part is the fact that the drunk driver who was shot and killed had an infant daughter who was born shortly before the accident. All around shitty situation.
    Good. One less shitty father in the world.

Banned

As others said they didn't have all the evidence. They probably should have gone with a lesser charge anyway. But I agree, regardless of what someone has done you can't just give people a walk for shooting them.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Here's a good question. Why is manslaughter a lesser crime offense than murder? I don't get it. It's literally the slaughter of a man!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Here's a good question. Why is manslaughter a lesser crime offense than murder? I don't get it. It's literally the slaughter of a man!
    Malice maybe lol

Let me clear that up.

Murder= Homicide with Malice afore thought.

Manslaughter (voluntary or Involuntary) homocide without Malice or where Malice is mitigated.
    Last edited by MJ(Mean John); 08-28-2014 at 12:11 AM.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Manslaughter is an accident, murder is premeditated