Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Default Danny Ferry improving our bench

I dont remember where i read it from, but he said he'd try to improve our bench this off-season and so far he's doing a pretty good job

Our bench will look something like this:

Quote:
G- Delonte West
G- Daniel Gibson
G- Danny Green
G/F- Wally Szczerbiak (there was a rumor floating around that he might get sign and traded but he wants to remain a cav and i think he'll get re-signed)
F- JJ Hickson
F- Darnell Jackson
F/C- Anderson Varejao (i think he'll get a PF that can shoot and start him over varejao)
F- Joe Smith (i think he'll get re-signed too)
C- Zydrunas Ilguaskas

That's 3 starters from last year, Wally started for us at SG 2 years ago after we traded for him, and Joe Smith would very well be a starter if his legs werent bad and he was a bit younger. Our bench will be MUCH MUCH IMPROVED from last year. Danny Ferry is a genius and i'll always have faith in him

I think this bench is easily better than the Celtics, Lakers, and FAR better than the Magic's.

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 07-10-2009 at 01:08 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Danny Ferry improving our bench

the addition of West to the bench should help out our second unit, but Wally is getting older and will only get slower and start to break down. while i like Joe Smith, to say that he "would very well be a starter if his legs werent bad and he was a bit younger." isn't really the greatest qualifier, because well his legs are bad, and he's not younger.

love the enthusiasm, and agree that we have improved our bench, although you might wanna include danny green and perhaps even hickson in the depth chart, they could be pleasant surprises. but with soo much time left still in Free agency, its a little bold to make statements like that.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: