Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    College superstar

Default Re: Dumbest things you've heard from people about Basketball?

Is a dunk worth more points than a lay up. Yep I have actually been asked this.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Dumbest thing I've heard most recently would have to be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Defiantly.

You could actually even replace Jordan with a player from that time period like Clyde Drexler or Dominique Wilkins back then and they would still 3-peat.
    When the question was posed if a Prime Kobe Bryant could 3-peat with the 91-93 Bulls. ginobli2311 the poster brought up a good point here:

1 title.

the over-rating of kobe continues. kobe couldn't carry a team the way jordan could. no way in hell the bulls were winning some of those games/series if jordan had shot kobe's standard 41% in the finals.
    And here:

take a look at the 92 finals:

39 points on 59%
    39 points on 50%
    26 points on 50%
    32 points on 42%
    46 points 61%
    33 points on 54%

jordan's worst game in the 92 finals was better than kobe's career average in the finals. LOL. and that series went six and was actually pretty close.
    Yet somehow Kobe, who chucked Shaq out of a potential 4th Finals MVP in 2004, would somehow defer to a less potent offensive force in Scottie Pippen to win 3 straight Titles? Alrighty then.

Thread started out great until Kobe's Defense Brigade chimed in hoping once again to elevate him to Legend status.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=204077

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Dumbest thing I've heard most recently would have to be this:

When the question was posed if a Prime Kobe Bryant could 3-peat with the 91-93 Bulls. ginobli2311 the poster brought up a good point here:

And here:

Yet somehow Kobe, who chucked Shaq out of a potential 4th Finals MVP in 2004, would somehow defer to a less potent offensive force in Scottie Pippen to win 3 straight Titles? Alrighty then.

Thread started out great until Kobe's Defense Brigade chimed in hoping once again to elevate him to Legend status.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=204077
    You a female ?

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen instead of spouting bullshit here ?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

The most frustrating would be when you play with people who don't know all the basketball rules, yet they think they do.

Like guys dribbling the ball, stepping out of bounds, then coming back in bounds and dribbling again. I've seen a couple of guys do this and claim it is not out because they never touched the ball while they were out.

Or guys catching their own airballs and thinking it is not a violation.

Not quite as bad, but is still frustrating is guys not knowing the proper behind the backboard/out of bounds rules and thinking that the top of the backboard is out.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

lots, too many to mention

One that sticks out is a girl telling me she's a huge Celtic fan and when I asked who the best Celtic of all time was in her opinion she replied with Garnett or Pierce.