Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far
Default not sold on hedo

am i the only one not sold on this guy...

i think his pick and roll is quality... he's a crunch scorer

but i hope the numbers being floated are no where near what they give him...

plus if we do sign him we'll have a serious sf logjam...

someone's getting traded.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Maniak
Warm Winds

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: not sold on hedo

You should probably trade that scrub of a Spainard in your avatar, for starters.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
tedloc

in the second year of a four year rookie contract at approx 1 mil/per? yeah right... he's a steal at that price...

i'd really like to see outlaw gone... plus he's got the highest trade value he'll probably ever have.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Hedo and think he would be good for the team. But he certainly is NOT worth $50M over 5 years. In 5 years he will be 35. I see 3 productive years out of him. I'd be ok with a 4 year contract where that year where he is really declining we could at least trade him as an expirer. But yeah, I know longer want him now that 5yrs $50M is the asking price. I'd rather sign a backup PF and move on with the hopes that we can use the left over cap space to make a lopsided trade for a PG before the February trade deadline.

Hinrich is the guy I want more than anybody right now (as far as guys who are realistic to get).
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

I'm with Myth on this (as usual) - I do like Hedo, but not at 5 years, $50 million.

I also like Hinrich. If the asking price in a sign and trade isn't too high, I also have interest in either Andre Miller or Mike Bibby.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I've come around on this deal. I think Hedo can turn into what Scottie Pippen was for the earlier Blazer squads by the end of this five year contract. The thing that disappoints me is that Pritchard said that he isn't going to be trading Outlaw for a good defensive point guard but instead a back up power forward.

Turkoglu might lose a step when he gets older, might not be able to jump as high and all that crap but if you've noticed from Euro players, their games are not based off their athleticism like U.S. players which means they have an actual skill set that won't diminish with age because they are so finessed based and know all the tricks of the trade. I'm not worried about Hedo's passing ability or shooting five years down the road. Maybe his speed and weight which means he could move right into the power forward spot for good down the road and if Oden doesn't pan out, then Aldridge can move to center.

Anyways, it's going to be a great signing, but what comes from the signing is what is really going to impact this team. Will they still trade for Hirnich or maybe sign and trade with Dallas for Brandon Bass.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
tedloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I've come around on this deal. I think Hedo can turn into what Scottie Pippen was for the earlier Blazer squads by the end of this five year contract. The thing that disappoints me is that Pritchard said that he isn't going to be trading Outlaw for a good defensive point guard but instead a back up power forward.

Turkoglu might lose a step when he gets older, might not be able to jump as high and all that crap but if you've noticed from Euro players, their games are not based off their athleticism like U.S. players which means they have an actual skill set that won't diminish with age because they are so finessed based and know all the tricks of the trade. I'm not worried about Hedo's passing ability or shooting five years down the road. Maybe his speed and weight which means he could move right into the power forward spot for good down the road and if Oden doesn't pan out, then Aldridge can move to center.

Anyways, it's going to be a great signing, but what comes from the signing is what is really going to impact this team. Will they still trade for Hirnich or maybe sign and trade with Dallas for Brandon Bass.

well he's a blazer now.
a big upgrade at sf
but i'm just worried weather 3-5 years down the line if we'll be overpaying for it darius miles style....
so we'll see how it goes...

in addition it puts a serious logjam at sf... i hope we trade outlaw for picks and bring over freeland to play back up pf.
i'm really hoping they upgrade
Old 07-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Well, looks like he is NOT a Blazer - and for what we supposedly were going to pay him, I am very happy he is NOT a Blazer.

Think I'll start a new thread with a list of free agents and invite everyone to put in their 2 cents............
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: