Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Officials helping Duke out. That was a charge

FSU missing Fts tho hurt them bigtime too.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

oh man. Duke goes down at home on a buzzer beater

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Bahahaha.

I feel better.

And what is up with UConn?

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    oh man. Duke goes down at home on a buzzer beater
    F*cking awesome!!! Rivers with a sick drive and finish to tie it. Then the DAGGER!

Lets go Notre Dame!!! Upset city saturday!!!

What a week for Florida State. Beat UNC and Maryland by a combined 47 points at home, and completed the week with a three point win at Duke.

Snaer's game winner

Just caught the tail end of this game. What a week for FSU, destroying UNC and burying Duke in Cameron.

Cuse, minus Fab Melo, loses at Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Cuse, minus Fab Melo, loses at Notre Dame.
    Fab Melo has to be one of those most frustrating college players.

So much potential to be an Elite C but just has a terrible basketball IQ and makes poor decisions off the court.

I hope his academic issues doesn't make him run to the NBA.

Cuse are gonna lose more as the schedule gets tougher. Team isnt a #1 ranked team imo.

Worst college basketball season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Worst college basketball season ever.
    Yeah, what the f**k happened this year? Pitt's train-wreck season after being top 10 early in the year is putting what I went through with UNC two years ago in a slightly better light.

In other news, why in the hell is Jalen Rose doing the LBSU-UCSB game on ESPNU right now? One of their main NBA analysts doing Big West game in the 10:00 p.m. time slot? Did he get in trouble, were they pressing for commentators for all the games today, or did Jalen volunteer for this?

Earlier in the year when Kentucky was playing someone, I noticed how I thought Anthony Davis as a freshman, is what I and other UNC fans were hoping/thinking John Henson was going to be as a freshman. Henson, like Davis, hit a ridiculous growth spurt late in high school (think Henson went from 6'3" or 6'4" to 6'10") and had played on the perimeter a lot of his life. Roy Williams tried the miserably failed experiment of playing Henson at SF to start his career and, as a result, essentially wasted half of his first year as a collegiate player. Henson, for whatever reason, wasn't able to maintain his ball-handling or shooting abilities he had when he was 6-8 inches shorter just a year or two prior. His stroke has always looked good and this year he has turned into a very reliable and consistent shooter from 15-17 feet out. His free-throw woes are still there but, again, his stroke looks good.

Anthony Davis as a true freshman is already just as good as Henson, if not better. I've seen multiple instances where he's caught the ball on the perimeter, gave his man a quick show, put it on the floor and made a pull-up jumper. It's not the most fluid looking move in the world but still impressive for a 6'11" PF. Like I said, freshman Anthony Davis is just as good with a higher ceiling than a junior Henson, and Henson is a top 10 or at least a lottery pick this year.

I agree with your MKG comparison to Pippen, lofty or not. Kidd-Gilchrist is a long rangy stat-stuffer with a very high motor. I love his game and how it translates to the next level.
    Yeah, I agree. Henson's developed into a great player, a top 10 pick in my eyes, but I think Anthony Davis is already better.

Love MKG's game...he might not ever be a 20 ppg guy on a championship caliber team, but he's the kind of guy you'd love to have alongside a Kevin Martin, Danny Granger, or Jamal Crawford type of player. Stick him on the best perimeter player on the opposing team and let the other wing focus on scoring.

Also, have you seen much of B.J. Young this year? He doesn't start for Arkansas but he's their best player. He's come up big in their biggest games, too. I've watched seven or eight Arkansas games this year and it's almost scary how much he reminds of Monta Ellis. A 6'3" combo-guard with a lightning quick first step and great finisher at and above the rim in traffic. His mid-range jumper and three-point shot are streaky but he can get hot and go off from outside the lane, too.
    I've seen him in flashes and I like what I see, but I haven't sat through an entire Arkansas game yet. I'll need to watch a few more to get a read on him. Looks like he's got a lot of potential. He seems taller than 6'3", no?

Is he more of a point guard or shooting guard?

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

In other news, why in the hell is Jalen Rose doing the LBSU-UCSB game on ESPNU right now? One of their main NBA analysts doing Big West game in the 10:00 p.m. time slot? Did he get in trouble, were they pressing for commentators for all the games today, or did Jalen volunteer for this?

LBSU is a pretty good team this year though, really like that team as they could be the next Gonzaga with SDSU in that conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I've seen him in flashes and I like what I see, but I haven't sat through an entire Arkansas game yet. I'll need to watch a few more to get a read on him. Looks like he's got a lot of potential. He seems taller than 6'3", no?

Is he more of a point guard or shooting guard?
    I honestly don't know how tall he really is. I know most of Arkansas' other guards are in the 6'1"-6'3" range and he doesn't look noticeably taller than any of them. And everything I've seen has him listed as 6'3", but he could be pushing 6'4".

Anyway, when I say he's Monta Ellis, I mean he's basically a Monta Ellis clone. He's averaging just under 15 ppg in only about 24 mpg off the bench. If he was a starting/full-time NBA PG, then I don't think he'd ever average much more than 5-7 assists per game. I think he's more of a SG who can play PG. He's never the primary ball-handler when he's on the floor but that may be because all of Arkansas' guards are really similar, except B.J. is clearly the best one. Another true Ky Madden (6'5"-6'6") is probably the second most talented, but he's at the very least a three year player.

Banned

Good game in Cincy (vs Cuse). Orange missed eight straight 3's until they hitting back-to-back 3's to take a 46-42 lead. 8 mins left though.

60-53, Syracuse win.
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-23-2012 at 09:59 PM.