Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I can see Kyrie Irving being the Cavs version of 2014 Dwyane wade

He'll get exposed big time and be the guy who holds the team down.

if they play OKC in the finals russell westbrook will literally end his career. he's easily the most overrated PG.

Default Re: I can see Kyrie Irving being the Cavs version of 2014 Dwyane wade

Who knows if that would happen. The playoffs are a different animal. Here's Irving vs. Westbrook their 4 total games they've faced each other in their career. Pretty much a wash. Except Irving for his whole career (except for this upcoming year) has been the number one option on offense while Westbrook is #2.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=irvinky01

Banned

The difference between Westbrook >> Irving is made up by LeBron >> Durant

Wiggins is the wild card, if he can dominate a game with athleticism ala Westbrook then he can be a big factor

In fact if they put Wiggins on Westbrook and Irving on whoever Thunder put at SG that could actually be advantageous to the Cavs.

Banned

Wait, if Westbrook faces Kyrie in the finals, the end result will be Kyrie straight up never playing another professional game?

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Your right. Kyrie has actually missed more games than Wade the last 2 seasons.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Kyrie has pretty much owned Westbrook in every game they've played against one another so far, including some pretty incredible crunch-time takeovers by Kyrie. It's not like these guys have never played against one another.

Idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Kyrie has pretty much owned Westbrook in every game they've played against one another so far, including some pretty incredible crunch-time takeovers by Kyrie. It's not like these guys have never played against one another.

Idiot.
    games played between a lottery team and a contender in an 82 game regular season are quite different than games played in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    games played between a lottery team and a contender in an 82 game regular season are quite different than games played in the finals.
    No sh!t. But if a guy is that much better than the other, he likely isn't going to get tooled by him in any setting. Kyrie has tooled Westbrook several times in his young career. He's an excellent matchup for him.

Hell, he's led the Cavs to several unexpected wins over OKC... even on the road... because of Kyrie Irving.

The idea that RW is suddenly going to find the anecdote and "end Kyrie's career"? Seems highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure OKC didn't just allow Kyrie to do whatever he wanted against them because they just didn't care about losing. Those games were -- in general -- far more important for OKC than for the Cavs.

RW cannot stay in front of Irving.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.

The difference is that Kyrie can hit the outside shot and open things up. Wade got swallowed in the paint again and again, and that was the main reason for his ineffectiveness. Even if Kyrie put up Mo Will stats like 17/6 on good percentages, he'd already be better than 2014 Finals Wade.

Wigginstans are preemptively scapegoating Irving already.

My god, Kyrie has gotten underrated. Mo Williams? Really?

Irving was better than any version of MoWill as a freshman at Duke. That's the truth.

Kyrie vs Westbrook h2h:

Kyrie: 23.8 pts / 4.5 rbds / 7.3 ast / 2.3 stl / 2.3 turnovers on 50/56/84 shooting
    Westbrook: 24.5 pts / 3.3 rbds / 7.0 ast / 2.0 stl / 3.8 turnovers on 53/50/88 shooting

Westbrook owns Kyrie though, right?

Pretty sure Bran saw that too

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Waiters is GOAT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    My god, Kyrie has gotten underrated. Mo Williams? Really?

Irving was better than any version of MoWill as a freshman at Duke. That's the truth.

Everything you said here are correct till you said....

Now You are underrating MoWill.