Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Girls want attention all the time everywhere

Sure they do, I'm not denying that. I'm saying at the gym they don't want to be gawked. Being gawked at and getting attention are 2 different things.

Try going to a gym and gawking at a hottie. What type of reaction do you think you will get?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are working out on a treadmill or something, start to feel tired and ready to stop, then a hot girl starts working out right next to you, out of nowhere you have more energy and end up on the treadmill for another 15 minutes.

say what?
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
red1
LaVron James

Every gym-going male in the history of the human species has experienced something similar.
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
Droid101
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Hot girls have never effected me in that way... They have never made me try harder physically. Some people say they try harder on the court or at the gym like you say, but I work out almost completely for personal satisfaction. I'd be lying if I said there was no social motivation... but I have a always been a person who does things out of self interest before anything else (for better and for worse.) Of course I have tried to be way funnier and more interesting around them... trying to make my personality better... but I don't really think I care anymore.
This thread got dark real quick.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #20
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Interesting.

I work out strictly for health improvement (both long term and short term - working out helps you sleep better that night and releases dopamine and stuff) , girls, and to help me on the football field.

I'm not sure personal satisfaction has anything to do with it. I could care less what i look like to myself in the mirror. Unless the health improvements listed above is part of your personal satisfaction.

When I say personal satisfaction I mean the dopamine release, endorphins, satisfaction knowing I did something great for my body both health/looks wise, more relaxed when I get home and chill, better sleep, able to eat some unhealthy food and it not matter as much... the benefits seem endless. I mean all the positive effects that I personally get.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #21
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Girls where that stuff to impress other girls. What type of girls go to the gym? either overweight or image conscious. The image conscious do it because they would be caught dead in anything other than name brand apparel and the typical fashion aficionado athletic apparel.
I train with a couple of girls. Trust me, that is their MO

I have always wondered about that. I see people at the gym who are in athletic gear from head to toe and while I am sure there are benefits, it just seems over the top... and apparently it is. I guess it's no more stupid than guys being really competitive while playing pickup games though and getting emotional. Both sexes have their weird things. Of course it's not everyone though.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Sure they do, I'm not denying that. I'm saying at the gym they don't want to be gawked. Being gawked at and getting attention are 2 different things.

Try going to a gym and gawking at a hottie. What type of reaction do you think you will get?

well...I'm kind of a big deal.......

so I expect them to catch feelings soon.

AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
well...I'm kind of a big deal.......

so I expect them to catch feelings soon.

You don't know how many times I see the gawkers following around the hotties and see the girls eyes roll in disgust. I laugh at these chachis and how they think they got game. But hey, when you're an Alpha Wolf chicks take notice
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
I'm 100% focused at the gym. This is not a place to socialize, it's a place to train and be disciplined. I'll notice a hottie, but what I focus on is building the temple so that they notice me.
It's the same with girls. My wifey always says some dudes make more of an effort to go closer to her station. She has the same agenda, but probably even more focused. Girls don't like to be gawked at the gym.
Preach Hateraid...
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

There was actually a study done that being surrounded by girls in the gym increases your testosterone levels. And having one sit on your lap while you do bench would significantly increase your testosterone level.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Preach Hateraid...

Not really. Motivated people who want to accomplish things don't goof off at the gym, at work, at school, with athletics, etc. There are times and places to goof off and those aren't them for those people. I prefer the goof off atmosphere personally... much more inviting, fun, and less stressful. I clash with those who are all business. It's just a preference.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: