Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    One can only assume that the active posters in this thread are going to be getting this game the day it comes out.... so the whole pre-order/ASG deal shouldn't really be an issue. If we're gonna buy it on the release date, why not pre-order (usually $5) and guarantee the extra content?
    Yup. I put 5 bucks down that's all.

For anyone interested, Pippen is now in the game with the Dream Team, just seen a picture on Twitter.

Would post it here, but it's a large image, would mess up the forum page.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    For anyone interested, Pippen is now in the game with the Dream Team, just seen a picture on Twitter.

Would post it here, but it's a large image, would mess up the forum page.
    Yeah I just saw it on OperationSports.

I figured they'd get him in the game eventually.

The preorder is not a code, it's in the box. If you get a copy the first day you're guaranteed to get the content.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    One can only assume that the active posters in this thread are going to be getting this game the day it comes out.... so the whole pre-order/ASG deal shouldn't really be an issue. If we're gonna buy it on the release date, why not pre-order (usually $5) and guarantee the extra content?
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The preorder is not a code, it's in the box. If you get a copy the first day you're guaranteed to get the content.
    They've stopped giving out sheets for preorder codes and have just left them in the box. Same thing with 2K12.

I can't bring myself to buy this game opening day, no matter how promising it looks. If I don't get some guitar hero dunk contest or canned blacktop 3 point contest because of it, who cares

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    They've stopped giving out sheets for preorder codes and have just left them in the box. Same thing with 2K12.
    I apologize, but I do not understand. What do you mean they've left them in the box? What box? And whom? For 2K12, my Warriors and Kings code came on a sheet inside the game box.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I apologize, but I do not understand. What do you mean they've left them in the box? What box? And whom? For 2K12, my Warriors and Kings code came on a sheet inside the game box.
    This is what I meant.

Pre-order codes used to be available as separate pieces of paper that weren't located inside your game boxes. So you could preorder the game, get the DLC codes and then cancel your order.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i never used the warriors/kings code. its still there but im assuming it expired or something by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    i never used the warriors/kings code. its still there but im assuming it expired or something by now?
    I think the codes are good forever. Might as well try and use it, since it's a nonrefundable deal kinda thing.

I can see why they would make it a DLC if you dont preorder because of how much content it is. I can also see why they wouldnt make it a DLC because they've made pre order download available to those who didnt preorder. Only awhile later down the road (GSW/Sac). With the way 2k is goin and they know they are cornering the bball market going DLC is what games generally end up doing anyway. All the games I've played operated this way.

If you dont preorder and buy it on release day you're not too bright. While preorders can be good for 5 days I can see someone waiting 2-3 days to play it over a friends house or rent it then deciding whether to buy.

I'm pre ordering not only becuase of new content but I get a $20 gift certificate from Best Buy if I do. Works for me bigtime. Anyone who is a Best Buy rewards zone member there are games if you preorder you get $20.

I won't preorder but i'll probably get Toys R Us first day, im sure they give $10 off. Plus that leaves me the option if im in chinatown the friday before release they might have it and i can get it early.

Yeah I forgot about those release day sales some stores have.

Banned

I'll most likely just torrent it. Then if it's good (and we have sliders in My Player) then I'll buy it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    This is what I meant.

Pre-order codes used to be available as separate pieces of paper that weren't located inside your game boxes. So you could preorder the game, get the DLC codes and then cancel your order.
    Oh word. Sorry for being dense, ha.

Banned