Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Michael Jordan to return for the 2012/2013 season?

MJ fanboys would go insane, his per would drop significantly and his career leading PPG would be below Wilt's.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    MJ fanboys would go insane, his per would drop significantly and his career leading PPG would be below Wilt's.
    Jordan was averaging an unbreakable 31.5 ppg before he came back as a Wizard. 30.1 ppg is pretty , but this scoring Machine Kevin Durant . If he retires on top seriously has a chance.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

phoenix, stop arguing with these guys. and i doubt jordan would still drop 20 a night too, you gotta understand that age hits you hard after 30.... 40 and 49 is a huge difference. jordan right now is alot worse than 2003 jordan, there is no doubt about that.

but....all u need to say is to these kobe/laker avartar sporting guys, who are obviously just jumping on a troll post and bashing jordan for something he didnt even say, is this :

50 year old mike would be better than 50 year old kobe. jordan at any age was better than kobe at the same age.

end thread.
    Last edited by EricForman; 04-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    Wasn't their some issue with him being a part of managment and a player as the Wizards? Can he be owner and player at the same time?
    no he can't.. when buss gave magic a share in the lakers after his retirement, magic had to sell it back to buss when he came back out of retirement... then he got it back after his second retirement

He was already a horribly inefficient scorer in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

and they're all people with Laker logo in their avatars
    It's called being realistic.

Saw a basketball once

i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

and they're all people with Laker logo in their avatars
    I know you're biased, but come on, it's his own fault if people say shit like that. This is the same guy who routinely says garbage like, "I could still play if I wanted to." You lie in the bed you make.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    He was already a horribly inefficient scorer in 2002.
    Well he didnt shoot good in 2002-03 but it wasnt horribly efficient. He was at 44.5% FG with 82% FT and thats better than the career average of guys like Vince Carter, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. His FG% was also only 1% lower than Kobe's career average

I can't believe this went five pages. Was there even a link or source posted anywhere?

It's a joke. A 50 year old player playing in the NBA... are you freaking kidding me. I love Jordan to death, but people actually claim he could contribute efficiently? He would be too much of a liability on defense to keep in the game, plain and simple.

Banned

phoenix, stop arguing with these guys. and i doubt jordan would still drop 20 a night too, you gotta understand that age hits you hard after 30.... 40 and 49 is a huge difference. jordan right now is alot worse than 2003 jordan, there is no doubt about that.

but....all u need to say is to these kobe/laker avartar sporting guys, who are obviously just jumping on a troll post and bashing jordan for something he didnt even say, is this :

50 year old mike would be better than 50 year old kobe. jordan at any age was better than kobe at the same age.

end thread.

Kobe at 31: 4 rings

Jordan at 31: 3 rings

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

Lakers are by far the best team in the West, Kobe is only 31 years old and his core is younger then he is. He will play dominant basketball till age 35, and can play well even up till 37 or 38 because Bynum will be a force by then. That gives Kobe 7-8 more contending seasons.

Lakers core: Bryant 31, Odom 30, Gasol 29, Bynum 22, Artest 30

end thread.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

Lakers are by far the best team in the West, Kobe is only 31 years old and his core is younger then he is. He will play dominant basketball till age 35, and can play well even up till 37 or 38 because Bynum will be a force by then. That gives Kobe 7-8 more contending seasons.

end thread.
    Doesn't Kobe already have more mileage than MJ did? Doubt he keeps this play up for the next 6-8 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado

Jordan = retired

Kobe = still playing

end thread.

Banned

I could see him average 15 ppg on 40% just from his great jumpshot. However, he wouldn't be effective at all, because hed be giving up 30+ ppg most every night.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Well he didnt shoot good in 2002-03 but it wasnt horribly efficient. He was at 44.5% FG with 82% FT and thats better than the career average of guys like Vince Carter, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. His FG% was also only 1% lower than Kobe's career average
    It was horribly inefficient.

FG% doesn't determine efficiency.

NO......He will be known as the Sugar Ray Leonard of Basketball if he does so.