Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Dre Day
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dre Day has an OK reputation so far
Default Getting tired

Almost all the time im looking at the rumors to see whats going on with the trade deadline. We know that the Nets are looking for some big name players. There were certain players that dont want to join team. My best bet is because of the record. If they dont want to be here dont come. The Nets need to get players that truely want to be here. Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer, man please.
Dre Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Getting tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre Day
Almost all the time im looking at the rumors to see whats going on with the trade deadline. We know that the Nets are looking for some big name players. There were certain players that dont want to join team. My best bet is because of the record. If they dont want to be here dont come. The Nets need to get players that truely want to be here. Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer, man please.
I hate to make you even more tired but Bosh isnt interested.

Our best bet is a Gay- Amare # 1 pick(if lucky).

Everyone has been tired, its been a gloomy, boring season
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Dre Day
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dre Day has an OK reputation so far

Dont get me wrong what im saying is i dont care for Bosh and Boozer with there dumb ass coments. I feel the Nets are going to rebuild and be one of the top teams in the east. We just need the right pieces. The way I see is we have hit rock bottom and cant get go any further down. My question is, is the time for rebuilding now or should we wait for the offseason?
Dre Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

My theory is that if were to get Amare it won't be till after the All-Star game. If Amare was traded now he wouldn't get to participate so they're probably going to give him the courtesy of playing in it. It also may boost his value as if he plays well in a game full of stars, more teams will want him.

As for Boozer, get that guy away from my team. I want no part of him and his mercenary mentality.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
As for Boozer, get that guy away from my team. I want no part of him and his mercenary mentality.
seriously. although it does tickle my interest a little bit, the way he's putting up such good numbers.

i mean, to a large extent, every good player is a mercenary, most of them willing to throw their team under the bus if it comes to more money or if their current team doesn't meet their expectations or if they receive less PT for some reason.

for example, elton brand is supposedly a high character guy, but he's been a bit of a whiny brat during his sixers period, seemingly unable to appreciate how much he's been a disappointment, and greatly offended by the idea that they have him play with the second unit more. and 95% of other good players seem share this mentality. the bigger the stats they put up, the more entitlement they feel...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I guess you could it put it that way, but he seems so blatant about it which is I why I don't respect it. In a way, as I move further into my professional life I can understand the appeals and necessity of "getting yours," but still.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea, i hear that. my first reaction to boozer reneging on a handshake with the blind owner of the cavs was not a good one. if he had any dang sense he would have stayed with the team that had LEBRON FRIGGIN JAMES. not to mention what he pulled in utah...

anyway, sounds like amare stoudemire has now changed his mind and plans to opt in with the suns next year in order to play the market in 2011. seems kind of foolish, actually, since new max contracts were already going to shrink because of the economy. plus, that summer is when the CBA is going to expire, and owners are going to try to reduce the players' piece of the profits from 57% to 40%, or something like that.

who knows... stoudemire could find himself making as 'little' as $10 million/year when the dust settles.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

It's looking more and more like we won't get Amare and it looks like he doesn't even know what he wants to do.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
Paintballer8791
I hit open layups

Paintballer8791 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
My theory is that if were to get Amare it won't be till after the All-Star game. If Amare was traded now he wouldn't get to participate so they're probably going to give him the courtesy of playing in it. It also may boost his value as if he plays well in a game full of stars, more teams will want him.

your saying he wouldnt be able to play in the allstar game because he would be switched conferences right?
Paintballer8791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer8791
your saying he wouldnt be able to play in the allstar game because he would be switched conferences right?

Yeah.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boozer is such a legit player for the 4.
He is an extremely efficient player.

Look at Zach Randolph no one wanted him, now he is an allstar with a team no one would have thought could play as well as they are. from #2 pick to over .500 record.

At least a chance
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: