Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
dashoebox
I hit open layups

dashoebox has an OK reputation so far
Default good lord my family is stupid

this is probably about as stupid as my family can get. long story short: i'm a college student at the moment and i want to get the best education I can get so i can get a good job. I'm heading down the health sciences field (not necessarily pre-med) but like I want to be involved in a clinical hospital setting. So i take the initiative and apply for EMT classes in addition to my school work. My family hears that i'm WORKING and god forbid ****ing asian parents don't want their kids to work because they want us to focus on our education, but how am i suppose to have any work experience and actually put up a good resume when i don't get involved in my field of interest. Now my mom is pissed at me and she says i'm not focusing on school and she refuses to talk to me. my dad thinks i'm a rebel and he tries to get me back into education, but here is the ****ing thing: I AM THINKING ABOUT MY EDUCATION BY GETTING INTO A WORK THAT IS RELATED TO MY FIELD OF STUDY!!!! good god my parents are idiots.

/end rant
dashoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: good lord my family is stupid

Your mom won't talk to you and your dad thinks you're a 'rebel' because you got a job?

Don't know if they're stupid, but I do know they really need to lighten up a bit.

Is this what life was like when you were 12?

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 09-10-2009 at 03:09 AM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

couldn't resist

Last edited by T.O.RAPS : 09-10-2009 at 03:44 AM.
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
U got Served
Banned

U got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat cool

Pretty messed up on your parents part. *thinking of posting the cool story bro pic*

edit: raps
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had parents force their kids who've worked for me to quit. All asian. Funny thing is they where in a related field as well.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 AM   #6
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Your mom won't talk to you and your dad thinks you're a 'rebel' because you got a job?

Don't know if they're stupid, but I do know they really need to lighten up a bit.

Is this what life was like when you were 12?
i was just talking to a friend about that scene earlier
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoebox
this is probably about as stupid as my family can get. long story short: i'm a college student at the moment and i want to get the best education I can get so i can get a good job. I'm heading down the health sciences field (not necessarily pre-med) but like I want to be involved in a clinical hospital setting. So i take the initiative and apply for EMT classes in addition to my school work. My family hears that i'm WORKING and god forbid ****ing asian parents don't want their kids to work because they want us to focus on our education, but how am i suppose to have any work experience and actually put up a good resume when i don't get involved in my field of interest. Now my mom is pissed at me and she says i'm not focusing on school and she refuses to talk to me. my dad thinks i'm a rebel and he tries to get me back into education, but here is the ****ing thing: I AM THINKING ABOUT MY EDUCATION BY GETTING INTO A WORK THAT IS RELATED TO MY FIELD OF STUDY!!!! good god my parents are idiots.

/end rant

So what happens when they catch you smoking weed, drinking alcohol, and having sex with black girls?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #8
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you live at home? I hate to say it bro, but fu*k em'

Fu*k em' right in the ear. You're obviously doing what you need to do...and working in the field in which you're also studying for, so you seem to have a good grasp on what you need to do for you. Your parents cant live your life for you. Your mother can sulk all she wants, she'll get over it.

And dad will get over it as well. Let them throw a tantrum. You do what you need to do.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #9
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

give me their e-mail addresses and i'll take care of it with a well worded letter on behalf of your character and intentions
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

TTSWOP of MILF
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #11
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My friend goes to a small tech college and since he won't play baseball his mom always makes fun of him and took him off of her insurance.
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm so glad my parents were clueless of 99% of what I did in college.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they do realise that kids are taking up drugs and having babies?

getting a job even if it is taking focus from education is not the worst thing that could happen.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Man, just lie. Tell them it's part of the program at school. Like a Co-Op progam.
The_Night_Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: