Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chances we make some moves this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Allstar weekend is normally a good time to get a deal done....

It'll be interesting to find out if Mitch and Buss are there. If Buss goes they're probably discussing moves. If it's just Mitch he might have his hands tied.....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looks like we're signing sheed.

Sounds like another deal is in the works
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sheed is on board

Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #34
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Looks like we're signing sheed.

Sounds like another deal is in the works

I don't know if it's a good thing or not because this is pretty much the writing on the wall for Pau. I guess it all depends on what we get in return for him. The Lakers didn't need more big men, so it's pretty obvious they intend to move someone. Sheed has to be out of shape. He was never the type of guy to be a gym rat or practice. Maybe they're finally going to pull the trigger on Pau & Bynum for Howard and then the Lakers new front line would be Sheed & Howard. That would be the best defensive front line in the NBA. An out of shape Sheed can probably still play pretty decent defense. Plus Sheed was always a 3 point shooting PF too. That's the type of PF Howard needs to play with. People always thought Dirk led the league in 3 pointers made for a PF, but when Sheed was still playing big minutes with the Pistons it was actually always him.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't know if it's a good thing or not because this is pretty much the writing on the wall for Pau. I guess it all depends on what we get in return for him. The Lakers didn't need more big men, so it's pretty obvious they intend to move someone. Sheed has to be out of shape. He was never the type of guy to be a gym rat or practice. Maybe they're finally going to pull the trigger on Pau & Bynum for Howard and then the Lakers new front line would be Sheed & Howard. That would be the best defensive front line in the NBA. An out of shape Sheed can probably still play pretty decent defense. Plus Sheed was always a 3 point shooting PF too. That's the type of PF Howard needs to play with. People always thought Dirk led the league in 3 pointers made for a PF, but when Sheed was still playing big minutes with the Pistons it was actually always him.

I think this means we are getting a good quality guard.
:)
Old 02-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #36
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I think this means we are getting a good quality guard.
:)

Any ideas on who that may be? There's not a ton of available really good PG's. I could see the Bucks potentially trading Jennings for a big guy, since Bogut is always hurt and Jennings has basically said once his contract is up he's out of there. Maybe NJ gets a little scared and decides to trade Williams, but they don't necessarily need another big man. Houston doesn't want to give up Lowry. I think whatever this deal is it could potentially be another suprise to us, lol.

Last edited by dd24 : 02-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #37
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24

I am 100% against giving up both Bynum and Pau for Howard.....it's way too much and doesn't address our PG situation. Bynum for Howard straight up works for me.......Orlando needs to do it to avoid getting Lebronned
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #38
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I am 100% against giving up both Bynum and Pau for Howard.....it's way too much and doesn't address our PG situation. Bynum for Howard straight up works for me.......Orlando needs to do it to avoid getting Lebronned

The one thing, that makes things difficult as Lakers fans is we give Pau more value that what he's worth. It's not like he's been averaging 20 and 10 (while playing a ton of minutes). Sheed and Howard could be amazing together. Not saying it will happen, but I'll hope for it.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #39
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Clock is ticking.

Where is sheed?

I haven't heard from him.

Or Arenas or iverson for that matter
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #40
dd24
College superstar

It looks like the Lakers are still trying to get Sessions. I don't blame them for not wanting to include a first rounder. Those two first rounders would really help the bench out.

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Cleveland Cavaliersí point guard Ramon Session. Whatís the hold up? The Lakers want to use their $8.9 million traded-player exception to acquire Sessions. However, the Cavaliers have asked for a first-round pick to also be included in the deal. Like many trades around the NBA, the inclusion of a first-round pick is keeping this deal from going down. League sources believe one side will budge in the next day and Sessions will land in Los Angeles. HoopsWorld
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #41
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still do NOT see what Sessions brings to the table that is worth losing Odom's player-exception and a first rounder in this season's deep draft.

Two things that we need from our PGs:
-he can't shoot very well for Cleveland (he can score tho but we already have very good scorers)
-average 3pt range (not better than Fisher)

We need these 2 things from our PGs. Sure, Sessions is a major upgrade but couldn't we get more with Odom's player-exception and our draft-picks?? Sessions alone won't put the Lakers over the top and instantly championship-contenders. We will need another consistent piece off the bench (nothing great but at least halfway decent).. If we use up our player-exception and draft picks for Sessions, Lakers will have nothing left to play with over the summer except for MLE.. Nothing going into next season except for Pau Gasol as trading chip - nobody would want our bench scrubs.

Last edited by bladefd : 03-14-2012 at 03:20 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #42
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I still do NOT see what Sessions brings to the table that is worth losing Odom's player-exception and a first rounder in this season's deep draft.

Two things that we need from our PGs:
-he can't shoot very well for Cleveland (he can score tho but we already have very good scorers)
-average 3pt range (not better than Fisher)

We need these 2 things from our PGs. Sure, Sessions is a major upgrade but couldn't we get more with Odom's player-exception and our draft-picks?? Sessions alone won't put the Lakers over the top and instantly championship-contenders. We will need another consistent piece off the bench (nothing great but at least halfway decent).. If we use up our player-exception and draft picks for Sessions, Lakers will have nothing left to play with over the summer except for MLE.. Nothing going into next season except for Pau Gasol as trading chip - nobody would want our bench scrubs.

While I agree with your post, he's still THAT much better than Fish at the point lol. Take whatever you can get I suppose.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #43
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
While I agree with your post, he's still THAT much better than Fish at the point lol. Take whatever you can get I suppose.

I have to agree....anyone but Fish
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I have to agree....anyone but Fish

And now with these trade rumors that were sending Blake to portland....what the heck is gonna happen? 40 minutes of Fish? Im gonna throw up dude.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #45
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
And now with these trade rumors that were sending Blake to portland....what the heck is gonna happen? 40 minutes of Fish? Im gonna throw up dude.

Isn't it supposed to be Blake for Felton though? Not that Felton is what we want as a PG, but just saying it wouldn't be Fish the whole game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: