Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Miami Heat Are By Far The Most Talented Team In the League

Let's forget about this Lakers and OKC stuff. Miami picked up Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis to space the floor for 3 top 15 players. 2 of those guys are top 5 players in the world. Plus, they have the best player in the world. They are better than LA and OK just based on talent alone. You can't beat a team with two dominant slashers like those guys surrounded by all time great shooters.

The only chance anyone in the NBA has would be a Lebron choke or injury to one of there key pieces. Otherwise they are the best.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Miami Heat Are By Far The Most Talented Team In the League

Josh Harrellson puts them over the top imho.

From a pure talent standpoint, LA has them beat with 4 top 20 players, a top perimeter defender, and a solid bench. But, we've yet to see how they'll mesh, so realistically the Heat should still be favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    From a pure talent standpoint, LA has them beat with 4 top 20 players, a top perimeter defender, and a solid bench. But, we've yet to see how they'll mesh, so realistically the Heat should still be favorites.

Idk, I think there is a certain advantage to always having the best player on the floor. Old Kobe can be shut down at times.

They are ridiculously stacked, and their top-3 players are all in their primes or just gotten out of it (Wade).

As much as I hate Chalmers (flopping bitch!), he is a pretty decent PG for them, who can shoot the lights out. Their only seemingly weakness is at the center spot, which should not be a problem against any team other than the Lakers (Bynum and the Sixers? Give me a break!). And they have athleticism and youth over the Lakers, so they should be the favorites.

If Durant and Westbrook continue to improve, and with the fair officiating unlike the last year's finals, I can see them beating the Heat even though they got better over the summer with the additions of Allen and Lewis.

Samurai Swoosh

I think the Lakers and Thunder have deeper, better stacked talent from top to bottom. But the Heat are very talented as well given their three best players and how relatively young they are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I think the Lakers and Thunder have deeper, better stacked talent from top to bottom. But the Heat are very talented as well given their three best players and how relatively young they are ...

Lakers still are very old, slow and unathletic. That is why the Josh smith trade made sense.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Lakers still are very old, slow and unathletic. That is why the Josh smith trade made sense.
    Pau is redundant w/ Howard anyway, but for all five positions I think LA is more stacked. Age issues aside.

NBA rookie of the year

Chalmers
    Wade
    James
    Lewis
    Bosh

Allen
    Battier
    Haslem

I'll take that 8 man rotation over any other out there.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Lebron is the best player in the league today, though he still has some isues closing games

Wade is not a top 5 player in the league anymore.

Bosh is solid, and fits really well alongside LeBron or Wade, but not both.

Ray Allen is still a great shooter.

Rashard Lewis is not very good anymore, even at spotting up outside.

Their center position is terrible.

Chalmers doesn't crack the top 15 point guards in the league.

They're solid, but top heavy with talent tat doesn't play well together.

OKC and the Lakers are both more complete teams.

OKC's virginity was popped this last year, if they make it back to the championship I expect a completely different performance. But, they have to make it past the Lakers.

The Lakers are built very very well. they have 2 issues, age and coaching. If they can stay healthy and not let the coach bungle their offensive flow, they should win the championship. Not only do they have more raw talent than Miami, but their parts simply complement each other very well. The cumulative effect, makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts. The exact opposite of Miami, whose parts are greater than their whole. If the Lakers get into a groove with each other, and really start clicking.... it over.
    Last edited by lakerspng; 09-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

They are stacked and deserve to be favourites as the champions... But LA are also stacked same with OKC.I would say this laker team is far more balanced but this is why they play the games.

They have Lebron, thats what give them the edge over Lakers and OKC. But Lakers have 4 top 20 players and 2 of them are top 5 as well. Miami's problem is that they have absolutely NOTHING at the 5 position. They've totally neglected the most important position while the other teams have not.

lakers are EASILY the more talented team

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    They have Lebron, thats what give them the edge over Lakers and OKC. But Lakers have 4 top 20 players and 2 of them are top 5 as well. Miami's problem is that they have absolutely NOTHING at the 5 position. They've totally neglected the most important position while the other teams have not.
    Hey pauk, who are you going to root for Nash's Lakers or LeBron's Heat?

I've never once seen you talk about Nash, yet always talking LeBron.

Interesting.

College star

Only thing that is stopping Miami is some 3-2 zone, and post play. Other than that, can't really say with confidence they won't repeat.