Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Trade idea

Sacramento says they are not trading Demarcus Cousins but it looks like they are just trying to resuscitate his value.

Now there is a rumour that the nets are interested.
We can definitely offer a better package than the nets.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring this guy into a nice locker room but maybe it would ground him. What would Sacramento want? Probably a veteran pg (the tyreke evans pg experiment is not working at all) and definitely a young big with potential, ie ed davis.

I did a trade checker and these trades will work under the cap.
I'd prefer garcia because his contract is better but they will probably want to save the dollars.

To Sacramento
Jose Calderon
Ed Davis
Solomon Alabi

To Toronto
Demarcus Cousins
John Salmons or Francisco Garcia

The benefits for the raps are that it will let bargs play pf while ed won't need to rot on the bench. Amir will be returned to where he belongs on the bench and it will set the tank back on course.

I'm not sure if Sacramento would like the trade as they have a lot of pieces at pf and ed is the best part of the package but if they have to move cousins this may be the best they do.
Of course we could also include val (which would replenish their C position) but we would need to get their draft pick in 2012 to make this reasonable.

Our pg situation will be atrocious moving forward, but again this will help the tank. Bayless will get a chance but if it doesn't work out there are some solid pg's hitting fa next year.

Last edited by bluerap : 01-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade idea

With Val coming over next season I'm not sure I want Cousin's canerous attitude here.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I'm a fan of Cousins' game and potential. I want absolutely nothing to do with him though.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

The attitude will be a huge problem in the locker room on this team. We do not want off the court stories to distract this team even further. The guy would clearly be unhappy here and will bolt once his time is up.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather take my chances with Valanciunas than Cousins. He's an idiot on and off the court.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Their have been rumors of Calderon to get traded. Do you think the Raptors will eventually trade him and are you confident in Bayless being the starting PG.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Their have been rumors of Calderon to get traded. Do you think the Raptors will eventually trade him and are you confident in Bayless being the starting PG.
It doesn't matter what you think of Bayless as a starter. Calderon seems to have some value and he has no future in Toronto. Plus he actually helps this team win games this year. He MUST be traded.

I sure don't think of Bayless as a long-term option as a starter but, this year, who cares? Let him play and see if you might have a decent combo-guard off the bench in him. There is no risk to find out. It's not like the Raptors are a playoff contender so if he sucks, you just let him go at the end of the year.

The Raptors should absolutely be looking to trade Calderon. But the Raptors are also run by an idiot so who knows what's going to happen.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
HeavyMetal
I airball my layups

HeavyMetal has an OK reputation so far

Since moving to Sacramento from Ontario, I get to watch most if not all of the Kings games and let me tell you that Cousins is a good player, but he has a really bad attitude when it comes to.... well anything!

If he doesn't get the ball, he gets angry and just 'gives up' on both ends of the court. When he is on his game, he is very solid... but in no way should Toronto make a move for him. Believe me, if he doesn't like it here in Sacramento, he'll outright refuse to play in Toronto.
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love it just for the fact that you know him refusing to play here would be comedic gold. I suspect something involving igloos would be said.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #10
NLZ
High School JV MVP

NLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
I love it just for the fact that you know him refusing to play here would be comedic gold. I suspect something involving igloos would be said.

Cousins is only 21 I believe, I'd take the chance. I know we're not getting him for that package though, and rightfully so. He's easily going to be become one of the best big-men of the next 10 years.

Cousins/Val
Bargnani/Amir/Davis
DeRozan/Johnson/Kleiza
Lamb/DeRozan
Nash/Bayless

Decent rebuild.
NLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
With Val coming over next season I'm not sure I want Cousin's canerous attitude here.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Cousins has all the potential in the world, but his attitude is clearly piss-poor. It's extremely difficult to change a guy's attitude that is that consistently terrible. Casey seems like a coach that might actually be able to do it; however, with Val coming over, that would mean Cousins would be getting less time next year than he thinks he is entitled to, and it would be, as far as I can tell, impossible for him not to act resentful and poorly.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Forget Cousins...

Bargs will be back soon, raps need to trade barbosa/calderon and any other decent vets that hurt the tank.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

And you're adding 2 1sts right-surely you didn't think Calderon for cousins made sense
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: