Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    The Indy/Toronto deal.
    Oh yeah. And there's actually a couple others. What was I thinking? Oh well.

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

As a Cavs fan, I'm conditioned to hate Detroit, but A.I is my second favorite player, so it's a bit strange for me to digest at the moment. Besides that, pretty much everything has probably already been said about this trade in this thread.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: AI for Billups?

[QUOTE=Sonic R]
    Don't know what to think either. AI is a lame duck and Sheed is at the end

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont wanna hear AI stunted Melo's growth as a ball player if he doesnt do what you expect him too since AI is gone.
    Melo about to join the MVP conversation... he isnt gonna win but he will be in converation.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Cavs? Hell no.

Most overrated team in the league. Still the Cleveland LeBron's even with Mo Williams. One guy can only do so much, without a jumper at that.
    Well, Cavs arent a regular season team and they always come up big in the playoffs. They even knocked out Detroit in the 07 playoffs and took the Celtics to 7 games. They have certainly improved by adding Mo.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

So McDyess has agreed to go to Denver, or do we have a Devaen George scenario?

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiner
    AI is more of a shooting guard who gets points based on how many shots he takes. I doubt he will be running the Pistons Offense.

Rip Hamilton is cemented in as shooting guard.

Stuckey is probably going to pick up 35+ minutes a night with the trade.

So where is AI's place?
    The Free Throw Line.

They need to trade Rip for a PF or C now.

Perhaps Rip for Ilgauskas and a 1st?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...=5~8&te=&cash=

Works for both...

Det

C-Big Z
    PF-Sheed
    SF-Prince
    SG-AI
    PG-Stuckey
    6th-Maxiell
    7th-Johnson
    8th-Afflalo
    9th-Herrmann
    10th-Brown

Cle

C-Varejao
    PF-Ben
    SF-LeBron
    SG-Rip
    PG-MoWill
    6th-West
    7th-Wally
    8th-Gibson
    9th-Hickson
    10th-Wright

It's a win/win.

A.i will be the Starting PG .... he now actually has players how he can FULLY trust ..... Rip and Prince, they demand respect from any player including iverson .... member A.i avgs like 6 - 7 apg ..... but as for Iverson and Rasheed LOL WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS .... BOTH ARE KNUCKLE HEADS or at least Iverson was .... Rasheed still is and always will be !

Not airballing my layups anymore Wiiner's Avatar

Trade the person who has run our offense for 6+ years for someone who likes to shoot and sometimes steals and who has been shrugged off to a Shootin Guard role when we already have Rip Hamilton at shooting guard.

Okay so Stuckey is good enough to be a starting point guard. Where does Iverson fit in? Obviously Iverson has a lot of learning to do before he can take over running a team. And if he has an expiring contract whats the point of teaching him to run the offense, when stuckey will be the starter next year?

Put Iverson on the bench, make him the 6th man guard. What the **** else are we suppossed to do?

Dumb trade. Stuckey could've learned so much more behind Billups in the next few years.

PS Chauncey has a ring. Iverson will never get one at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    They need to trade Rip for a PF or C now.

Perhaps Rip for Ilgauskas and a 1st?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...=5~8&te=&cash=

Works for both...

Det

C-Big Z
    PF-Sheed
    SF-Prince
    SG-AI
    PG-Stuckey
    6th-Maxiell
    7th-Johnson
    8th-Afflalo
    9th-Herrmann
    10th-Brown

Cle

C-Varejao
    PF-Ben
    SF-LeBron
    SG-Rip
    PG-MoWill
    6th-West
    7th-Wally
    8th-Gibson
    9th-Hickson
    10th-Wright

It's a win/win.
    It would leave the Cavs with the worst scoring frontcourt in the history of the NBA and would rip the team of one of it's core guys and leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    It would leave the Cavs with the worst scoring frontcourt in the history of the NBA and would rip the team of one of it's core guys and leaders.
    Yeah, Ben and Varejao is BAAAAAD.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

This is not a trade for this season. It's a trade for this summer. Joe Dumars is a genius, and frankly I'm a bit jealous.

Denver's front office appears inept, make up your mind on the direction of your franchise.

Not airballing my layups anymore Wiiner's Avatar

Why would we put Stuckey on the bench if we only got AI for expiring contracts?

He'll be on some other team next year. Anything less than another conference finals and this trade is a huge bust.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    This is not a trade for this season. It's a trade for this summer. Joe Dumars is a genius, and frankly I'm a bit jealous.

Denver's front office appears inept, make up your mind on the direction of your franchise.
    Well I love the move by the Denver front office, if Billups plays to his talent level then he's a perfect fit for what Denver wants and needs to do as he's a real pg, can defend and probably most importantly shoot the 3.

1 thing that people fail to realize, is that as much as people say Chauncey was expendable because of Stuckey, AI is probably even more expendable because of JR and basically the numerous other scorers Denver has and Chauncey doesn't really suck at that either