Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #31
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/20/08, 12:00PM PST, Staples Center

im worried about how the nuggets got several lakers in foul trouble. kobe had five, luke had four, fisher had four, lamar had i think four...this could have been bad in terms of lakers in foul trouble and also in terms of nuggets getting points on the line. thank goodness iverson missed tons of freethrows.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:59 AM   #32
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation
Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/20/08, 12:00PM PST, Staples Cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
im worried about how the nuggets got several lakers in foul trouble. kobe had five, luke had four, fisher had four, lamar had i think four...this could have been bad in terms of lakers in foul trouble and also in terms of nuggets getting points on the line. thank goodness iverson missed tons of freethrows.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. We are generally a good team at staying out of serious individual foul trouble (team fouls is another story).

All in all I liked the way we played for about 40 minutes of tonight's game. I think our D was pretty solid. The fact is, when you have Carmelo and AI on the same team you are going to give up a bunch of points because they can make tough shots no matter how good your defense is. The only times they really made any serious dent was when they got into transition off of long missed jump-shots. That is specifically why I would like us to limit our 3pt shot attempts in this series, and against teams like the Suns and Hornets. We're a good defensive team when we have time to set-up, not in transition.
Additionally when you shot long jumpers not only are you automatically relegating yourself to poorer statistical probabilities of your shot going in (than from inside the paint) but you're also giving up longer rebounds that lead to fast breaks.

If we keep the 3-balls to a minimum, run most sets through Gasol in the paint, and Kobe shoots a bit better I have no reason to believe we can't win this thing in 5.

We hustled, played with energy, passed extremely well, and look like a team that expects to win every game no matter how many points we're down at a given time. This is a huge contrast to last year when it seemed like if we got down 10 we never thought we could get back in it. I also sense the "desire" to win on this team that we haven't had before (outside of Odom and Kobe). Gasol wants it bad and the bench players have been through enough post-season failure by now to truly want it too. No one looked like they just got out of bed to get the morning newspaper.

P.S. Odom looks like a man possessed. In a really, really, really good way. He was our MVP tonight imo. Of course without Kobe and Gasol he wouldn't be able to play the type of free and loose game that he plays. But, with that said he had some spectacular rebounds, passes, and didn't settle for that unreliable mid-range jump shot. With who's guarding him in this series Odom can abuse the paint big-time.

Last edited by LakerDynasty00 : 04-21-2008 at 04:02 AM.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #33
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/20/08, 12:00PM PST, Staples Cent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Q-LMKBsvA
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #34
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker

Very cool. But please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY DO NOOOOOOT POST THIS IN THE MAIN FORUM if it hasn't been already.

It will be the second-coming of the anti-christ.

LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #35
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
yep my stream just died
hmm shame I wasn't on the forum, you should ask me next time since we're in the same region and I watched the whole game on a sopcast stream.

Anyway not much to add that hasn't been said really... shaky second quarter and a cold Kobe, but Gasol has just exceeded all expectations for me. If he can keep this up... WOW!
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #36
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

cheers. i finally found a stream with 5 mins to go in the 4th so missed most of the game.
but yeah great win, lets hope we can stop a pissed nuggets team on wednesday night.
to the whole laker team :
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: