Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Brandon Roy new nick name LOL

Interview with Jason Quick and Outlaw decides he has a new name for Roy. Pretty funny, "Do you like yellow or red?" lol

Roy tries out a nickname

Roy and I started to reflect more about the season.

"That was a big moment,'' he said of the Houston shot, which made the Blazers 2-3. "But man, that seems like it was so long ago. So much has happened since then.''

I told him it didn't seem that long for me, that I could still remember McMillan's speech to the team before they left for the season opener in Los Angeles.

"Don't get me wrong,'' Roy said. "I remember, me, LaMarcus and Greg sitting down at coach's house ... that seems like yesterday. But the shot seems like a long time ago. But I remember preseason like it was today.''

At that point, Travis Outlaw came by on his way to the showers.

"Hey Quick. I've got a new name for him,'' Outlaw said.

"What's that?'' I said.

"Yellow Mamba.''

"Yellow Mamba?''

Roy interjects.

"Yellow Mamba. Like Kobe is the Black Mamba? I'm the Yellow Mamba.''

Why yellow I ask.

"My skin,'' Roy says.

"Or we can go red,'' Outlaw says. "You like yellow or red?''

"Well, I don't understand red.'' I say. "I get the yellow, but not red.''
"That's what I said. I can explain the yellow when we talk about it,'' Roy said.

Then he looked over to Outlaw.

"Yellow. Yellow.''

"OK. Yellow Mamba then,'' Outlaw said definitively.

"Yellow mamba,'' Roy said.

"We need to get that out there,'' Outlaw tells me.

I ask Roy if he likes the nickname.

"I like it, it's pretty good. Because the Black Mamba is the most deadly snake in the world. I'm not the most deadly, but ...''

I'm not so sure about the whole thing. For me, it's too close to Kobe's, not original enough. I ask Roy if he can really share a nickname like that.

"But I'm the yellow. He's the black.''

Hmm. We'll see.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brandon Roy new nick name LOL

Yeah, I saw his in the main forum. I doubt it sticks.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Brandon Roy new nick name LOL

boo-urns to yellow mamba
and boo-urns to the roy wonder
or the magnificent 7

big fan of "the natural" however...
that is one of the sweetest nicknames i've heard in a long time.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: