Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

mayo
    Q ross
    Gay
    warrick
    gasol

our best lineup all-around?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    mayo
    Q ross
    Gay
    warrick
    gasol

our best lineup all-around?
    Was that lineup used last night? I know Conley started, but was that lineup used quite a bit in the game?

Anyway, we racked up 26 assists, which is great news, considering we only average 15 assists per game before that game, which was ranked last in the NBA. However, TO's is still a problem, 17 last night, we're not going to beat teams like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Lakers or Celtics, with turnover numbers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Was that lineup used last night? I know Conley started, but was that lineup used quite a bit in the game?

Anyway, we racked up 26 assists, which is great news, considering we only average 15 assists per game before that game, which was ranked last in the NBA. However, TO's is still a problem, 17 last night, we're not going to beat teams like the Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Lakers or Celtics, with turnover numbers like that.
    I don't think our necessity today is to beat teams like these you mention, but to build up a team for the next years. Turnovers is a normal issue when you have that bunch of unexperienced players all together (and some of them maybe only trying to shine for their own benefit). I'm not happy with that, though, and that's something we need to fix, but can be fixed along the season. What really worries me is that we needed an almost perfect day from beyond the arc to win comfortably and that's not going to happen so often. The good thing is that we also had some power inside the paint and that Hakim stepped up for the first time in the season. That's good news.

Didnt see the game how did they look.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Yeah Conley has been playing pretty good. We still need to get Gasol more touches.

3 minutes left in the 3rd and we're down 16.

Conley doesn't have any assists, but he's 5-10 from the field.

conley scored ok, but his overall game =

kidd went off agianst him and kidd isnt even a scorer, they isoed him so many times conley looks lost sometimes.

I am Chris Wilcox

So it looks like all the starters had a very nice game against the Jazz, although Mayo did shoot under 40% and was 1 of 5 from beyond the arc, but the bench only combined for 10 points. That's terrible, it's been said numerous times before, by fans and management, that we need to get some bench chemisty. I think we should stick Arthur on the bench and Warrick as the starter. Hak will most likely play better with the starting spot and Arthur is an energy guy who will be better coming off the bench.

If Warrick starts, who do we turn to to put points on the board off the bench?

yeah, warrick has to come off the bench, he is our only offensive threat off the bench other than lowry

I am Chris Wilcox

That just shows our lack of talent coming off the bench. Aside from Warrick and Lowry, who are inconsistent, we only have Ross who can provide defense, apart from that, we have pretty much nothing. I think a trade is needed, send Crittenton somewhere, he isn't getting playing time here.

That just shows our lack of talent coming off the bench. Aside from Warrick and Lowry, who are inconsistent, we only have Ross who can provide defense, apart from that, we have pretty much nothing. I think a trade is needed, send Crittenton somewhere, he isn't getting playing time here.
    When he was playing for the Lakers, his stock was on the rise, but he hasn't been getting much burn here so we won't get much in return for him.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    When he was playing for the Lakers, his stock was on the rise, but he hasn't been getting much burn here so we won't get much in return for him.
    He's not getting minutes and I doubt he will be getting any minutes. If Jaric and Crittenton were put together, maybe we could get something decent.

He's not getting minutes and I doubt he will be getting any minutes. If Jaric and Crittenton were put together, maybe we could get something decent.
    I'd be happy for a second round pick.

We really need a three point shooter. I think we could probably get Luther Head who is also buried on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    I'd be happy for a second round pick.

We really need a three point shooter. I think we could probably get Luther Head who is also buried on the bench.
    Yeah, we need a gunner. Head, Reddick, whoever we can take. With Mayo and Gay here, that type of player would be getting a lot of open looks. Then we would only need that our players can give a ****ing assist to use him well.