Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe does it again ! 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    The idea that Kobe's scoring is affecting his teammates that much is absurd. These are pro players. That they start watching Kobe or become disenchanted to play defence is beyond the pale. Why is Kobe responsible for others doing the bare minimum?

I don't even like Kobe yet I am being forced to defend him. Correlation =/= causation. This stat is useless.
    This. I can understand the criticism if he was inefficient, but tonight he shot 57% to get his 42 points. No excuse for his teammates to be playing like ass, or not give effort on the defensive end.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    The idea that Kobe's scoring is affecting his teammates that much is absurd. These are pro players. That they start watching Kobe or become disenchanted to play defence is beyond the pale. Why is Kobe responsible for others doing the bare minimum?

I don't even like Kobe yet I am being forced to defend him. Correlation =/= causation. This stat is useless.
    It's not that absurd. I don't think it's the problem, but he could get his other teammates involved and encourage them. But he has been very efficient with his scoring and the games that I watched, he hasn't been forcing his shots that much. He has his moments, but it's not like it used to be.

The biggest deal individual player atm is with Howard imo. The guy needs to average more points and more shots. I don't know if it's him, Kobe taking a bunch of shots, or it's the system, but he needs to take more shots. He should not just take 9 shots. He is your second best player. You gott'a encourage him to take more shots.

The obvious problem is defense. Their bench isn't really all that great imo, and TOs are still a problem. 18 turnovers today. Crazy.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    Everyone including kobe is playing bad defense
    this it true, but reread the part I bolded. It has to be the most absurd notion ever

Kobe is still getting about 5 assists per game. The top point guards are getting 9 to 11 assists per game. Kobe is a SHOOTING GUARD. How does that equate to Kobe not sharing the ball? When nobody is making shots Kobe has to go into Mamba mode to keep us in the game. I'm not concerned about him sharing the ball. I'm concerned about his turnovers.

Dwight Howard doesn't look like he is 100% but even with that said this guy hasn't been as good as was advertised on the offensive end. He's charging into triple teams under the hoop and letting guys slap the ball out of his hands. That's why he isn't getting shots. He's attempting the shots but before the ball gets from point A to point B it's getting knocked loose. Where's the Dream Shake? Where's the Skyhook? Dude has one post move. Fake right go left. Turn ball over or get fouled and miss freethrows.

F**k!

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    There you have it folks. Kobe Bryant the only player in NBA history that can get blamed for his teammates playing bad defense because he's playing well offensively
    Like I've said, Kobe cops it far more than any other player, now surely there must be reason to that other than just plain hate? There are other star players to hate you know

If you have a player in your team who shoots 50 shots a game, you would be less inclined to try harder on Defense. What I am saying is, shot jacking and hero ball does not promote good team defense or team ball movement. It also places doubt in players head as to whether the ball hog trusts his teammates to make shots...Sends a bad message.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Like I've said, Kobe cops it far more than any other player, now surely there must be reason to that other than just plain hate? There are other star players to hate you know

If you have a player in your team who shoots 50 shots a game, you would be less inclined to try harder on Defense. What I am saying is, shot jacking and hero ball does not promote good team defense or team ball movement. It also places doubt in players head as to whether the ball hog trusts his teammates to make shots...Sends a bad message.
    Your point is understood.

Now watch the game. The problem is not effort. It's communication and it's lack of organization. Then you combine that with refusal to take responsibility.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

Well I'm sure Kobe can't be the only player in NBA history who has dominated the ball, yet their teammates still played defense. I won't waste your time with actual basketball insight since you're not interested in that, but if professional players who have the opportunity to win a ring can't commit to playing defense for at least 30 mins then I don't honestly don't know what to say. Saying this I know Kobe is part of the defensive problems, but it takes a team commitment to play defense. And sorry but you're fvcking Darius Morris even if you get zero shots you should be happy with it and still play defense!

28 shots taken,, 2 assists.

And Kobe's defensive assignment has a career night.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hank

He has tunnel vision for the all-time scoring record now.

As it should be. Let him just keep jacking his way to it and allow his apologists to praise his efficiency and complete disregard for team play.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hank

Miles was Artest's defensive assignment, wasn't it?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Miles was Artest's defensive assignment, wasn't it?
    Don't let a little thing like facts get in the way of some good ole fashion hatin!

For real though, a lot of you guys are reaching for the sky here. Kobe scoring 40+ somehow has an effect on his teammates on the defensive end? That's beyond ridiculous.

I can't even fathom how ridiculous some of the posts are in this thread. Blaming the guy who dropped 42 on 16/28 shooting is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking stupid. I don't care who we're talking about.

Lets be honest, people just like seeing the Lakers lose. Same with Miami. I don't know why you Kobe/Laker fans spend so much time being defensive. Alot of you seem very easy to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    For real though, a lot of you guys are reaching for the sky here. Kobe scoring 40+ somehow has an effect on his teammates on the defensive end? That's beyond ridiculous.

I can't even fathom how ridiculous some of the posts are in this thread. Blaming the guy who dropped 42 on 16/28 shooting is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking stupid. I don't care who we're talking about.
    Nets & Lakers lose. Must be a tough night for you

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    He has tunnel vision for the all-time scoring record now.

As it should be. Let him just keep jacking his way to it and allow his apologists to praise his efficiency and complete disregard for team play.
    This.

I'd also like to note that if Kobe was in fact winning more than half the games, doing what he is doing, then I really have nothing to point out and it would demonstrate that the team supports this by playing defense and winning games. When defense isn't getting played and the guy shooting for 30+ loses nearly every game he does, then the team isn't on the same page as him. Then if we are to criticise Kobe for hero ball and shot jacking, then it must fall in line with an unsuccessful method that doesn't work for the team. Clearly, Lakers aren't winning if Kobe is leading the scoring, the stats and 1-10 shows that.

Please don't bring up other years, when KObe was in his prime and he was 2nd or first option, that is completely irrelevant to his situation now...
    Last edited by poido123; 12-12-2012 at 01:02 AM.