Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Stephen A Smith Reports Iverson/Billups Trade Will Be Official Within The Hour

So is it a done deal or not???

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Default Re: Stephen A Smith Reports Iverson/Billups Trade Will Be Official Within The Hour

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Wow. I just can't believe they traded Chauncey AND McDyess for AI.

Risky risky risky move.

Joe Dumars can forget this season . is AI on his last year of contract ???

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    why would detroit do this????

because Billups had declined quick these past few years, his contract and they need a legit scorer to take over a game and A.I. gives them that.. good deal for Detriot & TERRIBLE deal for Denver, they can kiss there small playoff hopes goodbye.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    because the pistons aren't going anywhere and at best, will go out in the ECF again?

Now dont get me wrong, Iverson on that team wont make them a contender, in fact they may take a step back...but at least its a change...the Pistons have had the same core basically that disappointed for four straight seasons...

but to be honest, I think Nuggets will improve more than Detroit will improve...and I lvoe AI. But the only team AI can actually go to and make better would be trash teams like OKC or bobcats, any other team with a bunch of talent already, AI going there does nothing.
    okay, i see that... and i also see that getting contracts off the books also could be a motivation.

i just have to digest this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kobelamarjackson
    stephen a was just on espn reporting that the trade is close to being official and he expects it to be done within the hour. the trade is iverson for billups and mcdyess. it's pretty much a done deal.
    If this is true, then I nailed this deal.

Default Re: AI for Billups?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Trade scenario:

Detroit gets

AI

Denver gets

Chauncey Billups
    Antonio McDyess

This is one of the few ways to make this deal work, cap wise.

This should be within the 25% salary match rule.

The Pistons have to get rid of McDyess, but they clear out playing time for Maxiall, Amir Johnson and Kwame Brown.

But if it were me, I wouldn't do a Billups-AI deal, since Denver benefits from letting AI's contract expire at the end of the season, and Billups is a better fit with Detroit.
    Looks like I got this right, if Steven Smith is right on ESPN.

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

omg, what to say? AI is my fav player, idk i just don't like seeing him in Detroit. Risky for the Pistons too, but like someone said earlier they had ceiling of ECF anyways

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    why would detroit do this????

They finally get a legitimate offensive scorer. Dont get me wrong, Rip and Billups are nice, but they havnt had that one guy who can be an unstoppable force on offense. Plus, Billups has 4 years remaining on his deal, they get cap relief next season. If anyone was to be dealt, it was him bc of the longevity in his contract. Out of the starting 5, he was the one who carried the most value who was also expendable. Billups has been gassing the last few years in the playoffs as well. A shake up is needed in Detroit. They are looking at Stucky to eventually take the reins and with Billups out, it will happen sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Looks like I got this right, if Steven Smith is right on ESPN.
    where/when did you post it? nice job

Bucks fan

Please use this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108002

I just picked the one with the most replies. I'm sure this thread is awesome too, but it's a small sacrifice we had to make. Thanks.

The Pistons will officially have fallen with this trade

The Nuggets just got older overnight. They are locked into Chauncey's contract for another 4 years, and Dice is ancient.

I like it in the sense AI is a big time scorer and thats what we have lacked for a while. Chauncey has overstayed his welcome, he has been too inconsistant and in the playoffs hasn't performed.

Works well for both sides I think as Denver need a PG. One thing I don't like is trading Dice.

Decent college freshman

The denver management are arsehole...

Last year AI single handedly won denver the game that put them into the playoffs.golden state...
    denver achieved their 50 wins ever since 1980's with AI the top scorer, assister & stealer on the team..

I guess denver management dont appreciate him..and view him selfish player unfortunately.

Nene-Kmart, two players spend time injured.. when they play they get outrebounded by gasol-bynum or boozer-okur..all this AI fault??

Disappointed to see team changing again...

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Smart financial move by Detroit, and nice short term basketball addition for Denver...though I think the Nuggets will regret it down the road when Billups loses it and they are stuck with his contract.