Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron "Clutchness": Let's take a walk down the memory lane

You guys can say what you want, how great he is now, but can you deny his past? Can you deny the videos, the news articles, all that?

You can't, because it was true, it happened, and everyone talked about it.

So lebron fans need to cut their act out thinking he's clutch, invincible and even comparable to MJ and stuff. It's just not in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    You guys can say what you want, how great he is now, but can you deny his past? Can you deny the videos, the news articles, all that?

You can't, because it was true, it happened, and everyone talked about it.

So lebron fans need to cut their act out thinking he's clutch, invincible and even comparable to MJ and stuff. It's just not in him.
    There are articles calling Magic Johnson a choker, yet you ask anyone here that didn't actually watch the games at the time, or read articles at the time, and they all say he was clutch. That is what he is remembered as, despite certain opinions being different at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    There are articles calling Magic Johnson a choker, yet you ask anyone here that didn't actually watch the games at the time, or read articles at the time, and they all say he was clutch. That is what he is remembered as, despite certain opinions being different at the time.
    Yes, seeing as most people here- Lebron fans mostly- forgot about his Cavs days where he refused to take the last shot daily, all his unclutch moments and I had to make this thread, I see your point.

Yes, seeing as most people here- Lebron fans mostly- forgot about his Cavs days where he refused to take the last shot daily, all his unclutch moments and I had to make this thread, I see your point.
    Didn't he have several game winners in his first playoff series?

I remember as a Heat fan whenever the Cavs would come play after the 05-06 season (when he started taking over games), I literally always felt Lebron would get them back into the game if we weren't up by enough in the 4th quarter. And I was usually right...
    I don't know why you want to push this notion that he isn't clutch; actually its probably because of your disdain for him. But the fact is, you're pretty wrong about it. Yeah, he's failed, but he usually comes up with the goods and cookies. I'm a Heat fan, and I have no complaints with how he performs in 4th quarters or when it matters.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

That happened in the playoffs against the Pistons when Lebron passed to D Marshall for an open shot in game 3 or something. And two games later Lebron had the last laugh when he made 9 clutch shots (yup, 9 of them) in Game 5.

And it wasn't even that of a bad of a play...but it was the ECF and he was the most hyped athlete since young Tiger Woods so of course people were going to dissect it.

It happened once or twice. Definitely not "daily". Wtf.

Samurai Swoosh

He was pretty clutch pre-2010 against Boston.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Love it when Lebron fans start reaching, posting bullsh*t, trying to put it over as facts. Yeah right. The only person who remembers Magic like that are morons like you, reaching trying to prop up Lebron.

His own Heat teammate, Chris Bosh, AGREES

http://www.businessinsider.com/miami...nd-shot-2012-1

[QUOTE]GQ: Quick hypothetical, toes aside: Let's say the game was tied. 10 seconds left. You had 30 points, LeBron's got 30, and Wade's got 30. You got the same amount of rebounds, same amount of assists

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    That happened in the playoffs against the Pistons when Lebron passed to D Marshall for an open shot in game 3 or something. And two games later Lebron had the last laugh when he made 9 clutch shots (yup, 9 of them) in Game 5.

And it wasn't even that of a bad of a play...but it was the ECF and he was the most hyped athlete since young Tiger Woods so of course people were going to dissect it.

It happened once or twice. Definitely not "daily". Wtf.
    You must have not followed Lebron in his Cavs days. It happened DAILY during the regular season. Then it happened in the playoffs and it was magnified - that's probably why you only know that one. Then it happened in the Allstar game where Kobe ridiculed him, and the media dropped like 20 articles about it on him. Then shortly after that, he did it in the game against Jazz, his teammate missed, and they lost the game and he got ridiculed again.

Anyone following the NBA or his career knows it's not once or twice. I didn't make all of this up.

Rip is easily the most pathetic poster on ISH outside of RG. It's getting sad how butthurt he is over LeBron winning he literally CAN'T STOP whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Rip is easily the most pathetic poster on ISH outside of RG. It's getting sad how butthurt he is over LeBron winning he literally CAN'T STOP whining about it.
    Say what you want, but can you deny the facts I put forward? I don't argue based on my presumptions, or what I feel. I put forward my case with videos, real NBA footage, interview from other NBA players, and tons of articles written by sports editors. They wouldn't exist for no reason would they?

That's probably why you are attacking me instead of facing what I put forward. It's the unbearable truth. I'm a honest man, I speak the truth.

Say what you want, but can you deny the facts I put forward? I don't argue based on my presumptions, or what I feel. I put forward my case with videos, real NBA footage, interview from other NBA players, and tons of articles written by sports editors. They wouldn't exist for no reason would they?

That's probably why you are attacking me instead of facing what I put forward. It's the unbearable truth. I'm a honest man, I speak the truth.
    People attack you because you're a god damned moron. What is the purpose of reminding posters shit that is basic trivia? We all know Lebron has had his shortcommings. You do realize, though, he just came off a championship playing at an all-time level right? Or were you in a Kobetard induced coma?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    What is the purpose of reminding posters shit that is basic trivia? We all know Lebron has had his shortcommings.
    Not really, most of you act like he's some god, playing the purest form of basketball ever, and we should cherish his every move.
    Lebron fans like yourself also believe he is this clutch character, and acted like none of the things I posted existed. It's cool if you acknowledge the past, then this thread is not for you. It's for the deluded lebron fans.

Not really, most of you act like he's some god, playing the purest form of basketball ever, and we should cherish his every move.
    Lebron fans like yourself also believe he is this clutch character, and acted like none of the things I posted existed. It's cool if you acknowledge the past, then this thread is not for you. It's for the deluded lebron fans.
    Saying he had a legendary postseason isn't acting like he's "some God". You're clutching at straws. Everyone knows about his past. The problem is you're fixated on it and refuse to move on; most people have.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 10-11-2012 at 03:23 AM.