Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Yao Ming to miss 09/10 season?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    the demise of Yao's career has been exaggerated. maybe it will still happen, but its not a guarantee.

watch the video http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4295729
    Yeah I mentioned that, about Ric Bucher's video earlier in this thread. He says that Yao and the Rockets will have more opinions about the doctors on Yao. That's why Daryl Morey has yet to comment because he wants to know all the facts first instead of all the speculation. Anyways, would you say Yao is the best center in basketball when healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Yao has fulfilled his potential. I don't exactly know what people expected the guy to be, but he certainly wasn't a bust and has definitely proven that he was worthy being a #1 pick, injuries or no injuries.
    Well you are an excellent poster with smart takes on the game. What do you think of this? Will he ever play again, will he just miss the season? Will he just miss half the season? I want to know your take.
    Last edited by RocketGreatness; 06-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Well this really sucks. You can add him to the list of "what if?" players like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill and others now. It sucks for both Yao, his fans and the Rockets. Too bad they didn't know this earlier so they could have tried to make some real trades and get a better draft pick.

Where does Houston go from here? Do they blow up the team now and start over?

Or... how about going hard after Amar'e?

Dunking on everybody in the park jason816's Avatar

People saying Yao shouldn't have been playing in 2008 Olympics... or Chinese government forced him to play... blah blah blah, are idiots.

Yao is a warrior, he have so much pride in his country
    he got a broken foot in 2007-08 season, he sat out the rest of the season to prepare for the BEIJING olympics, it's the biggest event ever in Chinese sports history, Yao wasn't gonna miss that, even if his foot never healed, he'd have defended the paint of Team China.

Yao will play in 2012 Olympics, book it.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

damn it!
    and it's career threatening...I seriously hope.. that he comes back 100% healthy or if he doesn't want to play.. then he might retire early?.. he's a little too injury pone. ..

Quote Originally Posted by jason816
    People saying Yao shouldn't have been playing in 2008 Olympics... or Chinese government forced him to play... blah blah blah, are idiots.

he got a broken foot in 2007-08 season, he sat out the rest of the season to prepare for the BEIJING olympics, it's the biggest event ever in Chinese sports history, Yao wasn't gonna miss that, even if his foot never healed, he'd have defended the paint of Team China.

You're ****ing retarded, ban this retard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    honestly... I will not believe anything from these mysterious sources. especially something from yahoo sports.
    Yahoo! is one of the best in sports brah. They've gotten breaking news before many others many times.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact
    Why, he is talking the truth. Yao Ming would have probably played in a wheel chair before being told "No go" in the Beijing Olympics. Yao loves his country more than playing for the Rockets. I don't know if he'll play the 2012 olympics but we all know what Yao priorities are and Rockets have always been second.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

i know it's a terrible thing to say....

but just get this guy

some big asian right

ha ha jk

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact
    Ban him because he is telling the truth? You have to know that if Yao decides to quit the national team like Wang ZhiZhi once did, he would be bashed by his country. Chinese takes pride priority. NBA is nothing compared to representing his own nation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    Tracy and Yao were a wack foundation.

Rebuilding starts now. At least we have a GM that I trust will do whatever it takes to get us back.

Ron has to come back. Rubio or Amare need to come over. Amare doens't have to worry about sharing reps with Yao anymore.
    at this point, just trade anyone not named Scola for Amare, sign
    Artest and go from there

Why don't they slap some of 'the clear' on his feet/ankles and be done with it?

Saw a basketball once KillerAvery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason816

Oh really? Are you SURE? Get your facts straight before you say anything please.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.javno.com/en-sports/yao-calls-for-young-blood-in-china-team_266140
    The Houston Rockets center will not play for China at this August's Asia Championships because of a foot injury and said last year that the Beijing Games would be his last Olympics.
    He will probably play some National Team games, but not in the Olympics. So don't tell us to book it, He isn't going to the next Olympics.

NBA lottery pick

Yao needs to retier now. i mean he needs to look after his halth. he just had a child and needs to look at thebigger picture.

news like this make me sad...

South Africa 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Yao needs to retier now. i mean he needs to look after his halth. he just had a child and needs to look at thebigger picture.
    when did this happen?

anyways....I'm almost positive this is a career ending injury. This is it for Houston. Wow, we'll probably lose Yao, T-Mac, and Artest in less than a year.