Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Is it safe to say Lebron is better than Magic Johnson or Larry Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    No. LeBron's basketball IQ and clutch gene is minuscule compared to either Bird or Magic.
    LOL.. I was Reading How Coaches and Players Marvel at How Smart Lebron is on the Court knowing the game inside and out and always seeming to be one step ahead of Everyone in reading Plays and sequences Develop. Basically Riley called him a true basketball Prodigy Physically and mentally. But keep on Hating.,

Default Re: Is it safe to say Lebron is better than Magic Johnson or Larry Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    LOL.. I was Reading How Coaches and Players Marvel at How Smart Lebron is on the Court knowing the game inside and out and always seeming to be one step ahead of Everyone in reading Plays and sequences Develop. Basically Riley called him a true basketball Prodigy Physically and mentally. But keep on Hating.,
    The same coaches that have IQs around 80, the same players that have IQs around 60-70..............

Lebron plays basketball the way Magic and Bird dreamed about playing it.
    I'm an older poster and have seen all 3.
    Lebron just blows them away athletically, and combined with comparable skills is now better.
    The stuff Jordan used to do in that league athletically, in the mid-late 80's.... Lebron would be like that except bigger and stronger, and he gets up higher adn plays 'higher' than MJ.
    I'm secure enough in my analysis and emotions to admit that, despite Bird probably being my favorite player ever.
    It's just so different now. The physical attributes are much more advanced, and Lebron sits at the top of that.
    I'd choose Lebron, and I'd whip all your asses.

The same coaches that have IQs around 80, the same players that have IQs around 60-70..............
    You are just really goddamn stupid.

No. LeBron's basketball IQ and clutch gene is minuscule compared to either Bird or Magic.
    That's garbage. The pressure on the individual superstar in 2013 is literally 10 times that of back then.
    Bird probably wouldn't even have played, he'd be mowing lawns in French Lick and killing people at the local. Exaggerating of course.

College star

Lebron is better in defense than Magic or Bird (Bird is better than Magic in this).

Magic is a better passer than Lebron or Bird (Bird is better than Lebron in this but the difference isn't that great).

Bird is a much better shooter than Lebron or Magic.

Rebounding wise Bird is the best but not by much over the other two.

Lebron is a better athlete and dunker than either Bird or Magic. Quicker and stronger than the other two.

Basketball IQ - it's a wash.

Magic is the most overrated among the three. He's also the best in getting HIV.

Magic Johnson is the perfect example of a player's legend growing after their career.

In their playing days, it was pretty unanimous that Bird>Magic.

To answer the question, yes. LeBron is better than either of them ever were. Even if you wan't to call it a draw offensively, you can't ignore how much of a complete joke it would be to compare Magic or Bird to James defensively.

There's a serious problem with sports fans when it comes to former players. You generally have two groups.

Group A: Older is always better
    Group B: Newer is always better.

Both groups are ridiculous. Group A always argues that these new guys couldn't hang back in the day. Group B always argues that the new guys would utterly embarrass the guys back in the day. Both sides are equally as stupid.

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

can`t compare right now cause lebron`s career is not over

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

He is close to their level, but Bird is better due to being a better shooter a comparable rebounder, more clutch and is equal or arguably better a passer. Yes I said it, Bird is as good or better a passer then LBJ.

Exhibit A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o66NdFDHEQ

Note the pass at the 32 sec mark
    Over the head behind the back bounce pass over the double team
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    He is close to their level, but Bird is better due to being a better shooter a comparable rebounder, more clutch and is equal or arguably better a passer. Yes I said it, Bird is as good or better a passer then LBJ.

Exhibit A

:
    Defense says "Hi!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant

Exhibit A

:

It's f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking amazing how many people literally only pay attention to half of the game.

It's like, the fact that defense is part of the game let alone half of it doesn't even cross their mind at all.

Troll who tries to provoke you

NO

I've seen Magic play.
    I've seen Bird Play.
    I've seen LBJ play.

Magic & Bird were clearly on higher level. They just had better Court vision & higher Bball IQ.

Magic & Bird controlled the game from start. Bird was even better than Magic cuz be played without the ball in his hands & still controlled the game.

LBJ maybe better defender but as leaders & players. Bird & Magic are clearly better than LBJ.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Defense says "Hi!"...
    Bird took Mchale + Parish team to 67 Wins in a much tougher Eastern Conf. era.

LBJ in his 2 full years + Wade + Bosh has FAILED to take MIA to 70 wins in a WEAKER Eastern Conf.

LBJ is playing All-time Great at GOAT level no doubt. I respect that.

Bird was just AN ANIMAL on whole new level.

Funny thing is. HE DID NOT EVEN HAVE BALL IN HIS HANDS LIKE LBJ MOST OF THE TIME & BIRD STILL DOMINATED.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Let's get one thing straight, at their peak, Magic is not on the level of Bird & LeBron.

I believe Bird was a better offensive player than LeBron in the half court by a decent margin, Bird actually has alot on LeBron, better shooter, passer, rebounder, post player, LeBron is a better finisher, athlete, defender, & transition player. I'll probably give the edge to LeBron over Bird just because of the defensive end.

LeBron > Bird > Magic

Genghis... is Lebron better than ANYBODY according to you?