Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2017, 11:35 AM   #16
Pushxx
Pushxx

Default Re: Dwight Goes To The Hornets And They Get Worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfballa13
LMFAO

Zeller is putting up 8 pts / 6 rebounds per 23 minutes for his CAREER

That's one of the most underrated players in the NBA, yeh maybe for a bench big

Bro the hits keep coming in this thread

It's not just about stats. If I remember Zeller's net rating was the best for the hornets last year and he is a high impact player. I actually watched hornets games last year and this year unlike you.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #17
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
It's not just about stats. If I remember Zeller's net rating was the best for the hornets last year and he is a high impact player. I actually watched hornets games last year and this year unlike you.

No it wasn't, Kemba's was higher, obviously.

Batum has missed all but 3 games of this season and it's obviously hurt them more than anything else. They are top in 10 boards and blocks, 6th in opponent FG%, they turn the ball over the least out of any teams in per game. They had a tough roadtrip that was @SAS, @MIN, @NYK, @BOS and then they played the Cavs at home to follow it up..

They just dominated the Clippers with Dwight putting up 16/16 on 7/10 shooting, outplayed DeAndre. He's still a high impact player but it's early in the season with one of their most valuable players injured and them coming off a losing streak with a tough schedule.

3rd game back for Batum and they blew out the Clipps so yeah.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #18
Pushxx
Pushxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
No it wasn't, Kemba's was higher, obviously.

Batum has missed all but 3 games of this season and it's obviously hurt them more than anything else. They are top in 10 boards and blocks, 6th in opponent FG%, they turn the ball over the least out of any teams in per game. They had a tough roadtrip that was @SAS, @MIN, @NYK, @BOS and then they played the Cavs at home to follow it up..

They just dominated the Clippers with Dwight putting up 16/16 on 7/10 shooting, outplayed DeAndre. He's still a high impact player but it's early in the season with one of their most valuable players injured and them coming off a losing streak with a tough schedule.

3rd game back for Batum and they blew out the Clipps so yeah.

Actually you're wrong. Cody Zeller did have the best net rating for his team by far last year. My point is only that he's underrated.

I agree with pretty much everything else you say. I was just arguing with the other guy who claimed Zeller is trash and not underrated. He had a +17 net rating last year.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #19
jbryan1984
Great college starter

Yeah, he has really went downhill over the years. To me, it always seemed like ever since that injury (was it back?) he has never quite been the same. The injury that kept him out the playoffs that last year in Orlando. Don't forget in 08, 09, 10 he was a top 5, possibly even a top 3 player in the league. To me, that Houston team with Harden and Dwight, on paper looked nasty. But Houston has been so much better without him.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #20
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfballa13
This could be the stupidest thread of the season

Dwight Howard
14 pts / 12 boards / 2 blocks in 30 min on 55% FG

What else do you want from the guy?

Cody Zeller - next best option at C - 7 pts / 6 boards / 47% FG - 20 minutes

So in 10 more minutes, Dwight doubled up the stats of your next best center while shooting at a 10% higher clip and the Hornets got worse?

Batum has been hurt all season and he anchors their SF and Defense

I dont even like the Hornets but had to come in here to diffuse some of the stupidity

He turns the ball over 4 times to score those 14 points.. Lack of fundamentals and ball IQ will do him in and he won't age gracefully from here on out. But once he's out of the league, at least he'll have time to travel and take care of his 9 kids.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #21
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Actually you're wrong. Cody Zeller did have the best net rating for his team by far last year. My point is only that he's underrated.

I agree with pretty much everything else you say. I was just arguing with the other guy who claimed Zeller is trash and not underrated. He had a +17 net rating last year.

He's not trash, but he's not better than Howard IMO. Dwight just happened to play in a system that didn't fit him at all last season on the offensive side. He still anchored a 4th ranked defense.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: