Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Dennis Rodman is right if LeBron played in the '90s...

At this point in his broke azz life, I could give him 50 bucks in crack and he would talk shit about his mom, MJ and phil jackson. It says something when North Korea didn't even want to use him for extortion by throwing him in a labor camp. What kind of nutjob even agrees to go to north korea in the first place? Oh a broke azz crackhead like Rodman. Lets be real here.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

For starters, we've seen that Bron can't move off the ball, in fact he's rather bad at it. He can't drive through small gaps, can't use the baseline effectively, his game is also very predictable: face up and shoot or drive. Sure he's added a semi post up game, but he refuses to go to it, even then, it is still elementary.

His biggest issue if he played in the 90s is a much more clogged lane.

One of his biggest strenghts will be neutered. He is privileged to play in a league that has rather open lanes, once you get past the first layer of defense it's a clear path. So even if one wants to believe that handchecking won't slow him down a clogged lane sure as hell will.

We saw with the Chicago series that he is affected by tough physical play, anybody that says otherwise is fooling themselves. But that's ok since most players today are heavily affected by it more mentally than physically. Sure Bron is big, but his mental tenacity has lapses and it clearly affects his game.

One play last night is very telling of his game.

Last night late in the 4th quarter Bron was driving in and Duncan was there, did he go up strong and challenged an aging slow Duncan? Here he is, this great physical specimen who only comes once every 100 years (or so they make him appear to be) and what does he do?

HE PASSES THE F*CKIN BALL TO A 3PT SHOOTING POWER FORWARD BOSH.

There's no way he'd be the same player in the 80s or 90s, his numbers will take a noticeable dip as his play declines.

I can't agree with Dennis Rodman on this one. I think Lebron would average close to what he's averaging now. maybe a dip in rebounding, but that's about it. We would also have to see what team Lebron was on. A large part of what a player does is because of who he has around him.

I rule the local playground

you can't win in this thread unless you're an insane lebron fan or an insane lebron hater..

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Is Barkley your favorite player or something? You sound butt-hurt.. or most likely you're a Jordan jocker propping up every 90s player.

He's definitely a top 10 PF.. no question.

Subjective. Also, I can't consider anyone tough if they don't play a lick of defense. Where's his pride on the defensive end if he's so tough?

Can't argue that.. But so are all of the players I've listed, especially Durant. We're not talking about scrubs here.

How does that make him greater than any of the players I listed? Bird was more of a finesse player, would you argue Barkley> Bird? No, that would be silly. There are multitude of ways to score.. and yes Barkley is up there (the only elite part of his game).

Dirk is a legit 7ft with unbelievable range, as is Durant and Duncan (nearly). Height should account for something.

Both Duncan and Dirk are way ahead of Barkley all-around and career wise imo. Just better overall leaders, longer primes and (yes even Dirk) played better team/help defense. Durant will eventually pass-up Barkley on the All-Time list, but his peak play right now is just as good, if not better than Barkley and he hasn't even scratched the surface yet - in regards to his potential.

at the 90s ******gery
    just to be clear you think dirk in his prime was better than barkley in his prime?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Ridiculous.

bulls fans calling lebron weak minded when their best player is literally too afraid to step onto the court because he's not mentally ready

rose is by far the biggest bitch in the NBA. and i used to really like the guy

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kenuffff
    He is the same size as Karl Malone , better defender , can handle the ball like magic, and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. I don't think he is as good as Jordan offensively, but I think he is a better defender than Jordan or Pippen tbh.

This is all trolling right? Lebron is a tank with the brain of a basketball robot. He's an all-star in any era

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    This is all trolling right? Lebron is a tank with the brain of a basketball robot. He's an all-star in any era
    The same tank with the same brain of a basketball robot that passed to Bosh for a 3 in crunch time even tho he was in the lane?

Gotcha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Barkley is certainly a great player of his time.. but the players I've listed aren't chopped liver you know. It's no insult to Barkley to say Duncan (top 5-10 all-time), Dirk (top 15-20) and Durant (potential top 15) are (or will be for Durant) > Barkley. Those other players are all-time greats also..
    If you hadn't noticed I removed Duncan from your quote. Dirk is top 15? LOL! If Dirk's top 20, then Wade is top 15. Barkley is better than Dirk in every category imaginable. He's better offensively, a better rebounder, and also a better defender than Dirk. Durant has the potential? Maybe. Is he better than Barkley? Hell no!

I don't even like Lebron, but saying he would be average in another era is asinine.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

All the trolling about lebron
    come on people give up trolling.

Players themselves from that era has repeatedly said lebron is one of the best and most compare him to jordan.Ask barkley or malone or pippen,they will tell you lebron is much better than them wihout hesitation.Whats the purpose of this thread anyway

Let me put it this way pippen said lebron is better than jordan(even though he is not) so by all the troll reasoning pippen thinks he is better than jordan because since lebron is better than jordan,and pippen better than lebron means pippen is better than MJ

Last edited by arifgokcen; 06-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.

no player is 'era-specific' that's just a silly term made up to promote someone's insecure agenda.

any player, and especially superstar would adapt to that given era. larry bird would take sh!t's on today's league but i bet his approach would be quite different than it was in the eighties.

had lebron played in the eighties, he would have gone to college and been more fundamentally sound - he wouldn't look as sloppy and hesitant as he does today.

on the other hand, eighties jordan would simply rip through today's league making lebron's stats look like nothing. team oriented jordan's (91-98) team would probably win championships every year.
    Last edited by diamenz; 06-07-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    no player is 'era-specific' that's just a silly term made up to promote someone's insecure agenda.

any player, and especially superstar would adapt to that given era. larry bird would take sh!t's on today's league but i bet his approach would be quite different than it was in the eighties.

had lebron played in the eighties, he would have gone to college and been more fundamentally sound - he wouldn't look as sloppy and hesitant as he does today.

on the other hand, eighties jordan would simply rip through today's league making lebron's stats look like nothing. team oriented jordan's (91-98) team would probably win championships every year.
    Great post