Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Default It's a good thing Rose didn't "recruit" LeBron...

Not from a pure basketball POV. Obviously, the Bulls would be even better w/ LeBron James on our team but given that those guys (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) almost certainly planned on teaming up in Miami for a while before the 2010 summer... It's a good thing, Derrick Rose didn't beg LeBron to come join him in Chicago.

Had D-Rose been all on LeBron's nuts, the mental edge LeBron would have gained over him and the Bulls would be huge right now.

Miami already has the talent advantage at the top, but if LeBron were coming into Chicago to play a team where the best player spent the whole summer begging him to come play with him, he'd be even more confident about the Heat's impending domination.
    Not to mention what that would have said about Rose's own heart. If he begged LeBron to come, would he really believe that they could win now? Would he really believe enough in his teammates now? Probably not.

In retrospect, Rose handled it perfectly... He basically said "You're welcome to join me but I don't need you".

Having a mental edge in the world of professional sports is probably a lot more important than some of us mere mortals may think. I wonder how many games MJ won from simply being able to take his opponent out mentally to where they never truly believed they could beat him anyway...

D-Rose believes in himself. He believes in his teammates and the Bulls are going to need that edge to win.
    Last edited by game385; 05-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.

High School Starter DRose.IS.da.MAN's Avatar

Default Re: It's a good thing Rose didn't "recruit" LeBron...

Exactly.
    I was one of the few that didn't want LeBron, Wade or Bosh to come to Chicago. I used to argue with my friends. I did want Joe Johnson, but I didn;t know the Hawks would offer him such a big contract.

damn can u imagine lebron + rose = drools

i feel pity for you bulls fans, i wonder if you'll even sniff a ring with boozer as a starter

Dolphins,Heat,Marlins SebasMiamiFan's Avatar

If the Heat win several rings, this is going to sting for the Bulls. Even worse for the Knicks who think they deserve to have every great player simply because they're in New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    damn can u imagine lebron + rose = drools
    Why would I imagine that when he has Wade on his team?

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Well, see if you still feel this way next week.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
    Exactly.
    I was one of the few that didn't want LeBron, Wade or Bosh to come to Chicago. I used to argue with my friends. I did want Joe Johnson, but I didn;t know the Hawks would offer him such a big contract.
    Same here, I never wanted lebron on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Why would I imagine that when he has Wade on his team?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    If the Heat win several rings, this is going to sting for the Bulls. Even worse for the Knicks who think they deserve to have every great player simply because they're in New York City.
    It'll hurt NY more than us. We want to compete every year and try to get better from within and sign players at the right time.

The thing you same about NY is very true. They have that sense of entitlement that just gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    It'll hurt NY more than us. We want to compete every year and try to get better from within and sign players at the right time.

The thing you same about NY is very true. They have that sense of entitlement that just gets on my nerves.
    Well not necesarily here, but I've seen Bull fans who were dying for LeBron. You guys have a great team without him anyways while NY has really nothing besides Melo and Amare. So it worked out for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    Well not necesarily here, but I've seen Bull fans who were dying for LeBron. You guys have a great team without him anyways while NY has really nothing besides Melo and Amare. So it worked out for you guys.
    Those guys were starfuckers.

Yes this summer worked out well, they built a solid team and didn't just go for the homerun and be top heavy like Miami.

MIA has a good team, but they still have needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Those guys were starfuckers.

Yes this summer worked out well, they built a solid team and didn't just go for the homerun and be top heavy like Miami.

MIA has a good team, but they still have needs.
    The real Miami fans understood this. A complete could not have been completed in one offseason. This was only a test season until we got a complete team and we're still in the ECF.

Some Bulls fans can keep convincing themselves they are better off without Bron. But I know if Bulls had Bron? They would be a much better team today. And someone saying they have a chance to win the title this year would be taken seriously. So while your team hunts for a SG to fill that hole this offseason? If Bron was there, there would be no hunt. We'd probably be asking could this team repeat as champions and could they be better than the past Bulls dynasty.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Some Bulls fans can keep convincing themselves they are better off without Bron. But I know if Bulls had Bron? They would be a much better team today. And someone saying they have a chance to win the title this year would be taken seriously. So while your team hunts for a SG to fill that hole this offseason? If Bron was there, there would be no hunt. We'd probably be asking could this team repeat as champions and could they be better than the past Bulls dynasty.
    I'm not one of them. Like I said, I think we'd obviously be better with LeBron but I'm inspired by the way things have worked out. Honestly, I think that LeBron would have been better off in Chicago more than the Bulls would have been better off with LeBRon.

What I mean by that is b/c of our youth and Derrick's Rose's growth this year, the Bulls will be better a lot longer than Miami will. Wade has about 3 yrs of prime left, optimistically while Rose @ 22 has a decade left to dominate.
    The Bulls might be better than Miami right now, (that has yet to be determined), but once D-Wade isn't the same D-Wade he is now, the Bulls will likely be just hitting their prime.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    In retrospect, Rose handled it perfectly... He basically said "You're welcome to join me but I don't need you".
    This is the point. And LeBron's ego couldn't take it. He needed to be slobbered over and called the greatest, while also seeing he'd have the bailout of another top 2 player on his team.

Thus, he went to Miami.

Right now, Rose has far more heart than all three of the Miami douches combined.